Pushing Away while being on top

Domin

Question

There are some actions/abilities that allow pushes away from non-impassable markers - like Investigator's "It's Evidence" stuff. 

Also It's stated in rules that model on 30mm Base standing atop of a 30mm marker will not block LoS to it. 

So the question is - if a model standing perfectly on top of a marker is called To push "away" from it - in what direction will be that Push? 

6 answers to this question

Agree with @santaclaws01.

The rules say:

If something is moving “toward” an object, it must move toward the center of that object.

If something is moving “away” from an object, it must move away from the center of that object.

If you have to move toward or away from something, usually there's only one direction for the movement which satisfies that requirement.  But when they're perfectly co-positioned, any direction will satisfy the requirement initially, and then because it's a push, you're locked in to moving straight in that direction.

• Respectfully Disagree 1

On 7/21/2019 at 7:39 PM, solkan said:

Agree with @santaclaws01.

The rules say:

If you have to move toward or away from something, usually there's only one direction for the movement which satisfies that requirement.  But when they're perfectly co-positioned, any direction will satisfy the requirement initially, and then because it's a push, you're locked in to moving straight in that direction.

I agree about away, any direction will satisfy as you move away from object. But for toward you cannot move anywhere, as that will make you go away from object.

Picture is added on request of our community and to draw attention to the question.

3nhXUddJayM.jpg

• Respectfully Disagree 1

4 hours ago, AndreyF said:

I agree about away, any direction will satisfy as you move away from object. But for toward you cannot move anywhere, as that will make you go away from object.

Please note that the topic of discussion in this thread is "Pushing Away While Being On Top".

Otherwise, sure, "towards" and "away" is are completely different directions with different behaviors when you're standing centered on things.  

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, solkan said:

Please note that the topic of discussion in this thread is "Pushing Away While Being On Top".

Otherwise, sure, "towards" and "away" is are completely different directions with different behaviors when you're standing centered on things.  

yep, as you mentioned towards and in a statement which I believe is wrong I wanted to clarify, so others won't be confused by your statement of towards and away behaving similarly.

6 hours ago, AndreyF said:

yep, as you mentioned towards and in a statement which I believe is wrong I wanted to clarify, so others won't be confused by your statement of towards and away behaving similarly.

He never said that they would both have the same answer in this case. All he said was that usually only 1 direction is available for towards and away, but in this case any direction works for away.