Insignificant in Reckoning

unti

Question

Does a kill from an insignificant model count for the purpose of the strategy?

We had the example of Shang killing a crooked man in our last game...

If you look at the strategy's text only there is no reason why it wouldn't count because only the killed model matters, but on the other hand the rulebook says that insignificant models are ignored in every way for the strategy...

Thx in advance for your clarifications.

4 answers to this question

The thing about Reckoning is that the first paragraph doesn't care how, or why, the model was killed.  Half of the models in the crew could die to friendly Burning effects and it wouldn't matter.

At the end of each Turn, a Crew gains 1 VP if more enemy models were killed that Turn an it has cored VP for this Strategy, or if there are no more enemy models in play.

So the big difference as far as I can tell is:

• If an Insignificant model is killed, that's ignored, as specified by the rules.
  • If a significant model is killed, it doesn't matter what killed it.  "Mysterious natural causes" is just fine.

And as far as I can tell, if the only thing left in a crew is Insignificant models, that satisfies the "if there are no more enemy models in play" clause.  

• Thanks 2

If I remember correctly reckoning counts" killed by your crew". For the purposes of the strategy, the insignificant model doesn't count as a model in your crew. 

If the points are scored just for a model being dead, then killed by insignificant ( or even their own side) is fine, but if the scheme or strategy requires it to be killed by someone in your crew then insignificant models won't count.