Your Collective Wisdom on Yasunori

BigStick

So he's kinda swingy to me. Since his masks are based on your opponents hand you want to use him early. He's also tankier earlier in the turn. A good opponent will take note of that. 

That aside, move 7 and flight is awesome and his damage track is fine. My only issue is for the same cost I'm usually taking the emissary over him and so far the emissary has done more work then him with my asami crew.

11 hours ago, BigStick said:

Hey all,

So as the heading states what are you opinions on our former ultra beat stick, Yas. I used him a fair bit in M2E and was gold, but haven't had a chance to use him in M3E yet. On paper he looks good but I'm not completely sold. What do you think? 

my real grudge with him is when I look at the other Horsemen, they are so much better and stronger in most ways! Yas just feel very boring compared to them!

Like Yames said he is tankier early in the turn and very frail at the end. His bonus Revel in Chaos is pure garbage because you never want your opponent to get more cards, you are just helping him and it can backfire a lot if he draw some big severe and to do this you have to take dmg. I know it is used to up the number of cards in opponent hand so he gets more masks but I don't think it's worth it. If when the opponent has more cards than max, you could choose what he discards instead of random, this would up his game a lot and he would be a lot stronger!

For his stats, he is a decent beater with a lot of mobility. The ability to swing 4 times in an activation is good, but is min 2 dmg stop him form being a true melee monster. Also armor just laugh at him.

So I'm very disappointed in Yas for M3e because he is just a decent melee beater or at worst a glorified scheme runner. While all the other factions for 1 ss more get a model who can change a game just by themselves. Just look at the one for guild or neverborn and you will understand the power difference between them. ahah!

Well for one, he's not a horseman, so comparing him to a horseman is like comparing The Whiskey Golem to a horsemen model.

Second, speaking of the Bayou, neither they, Ten Thunders, nor Outcast have a horseman.... which ironically are the 3 factions I play.  There are 4 horsemen, there are 7(8) factions. 

Finally, Revel in Chaos gives the opponent more cards so Yasunori is better.  Or you do it when the opponent still has a full hand & you don't, it helps you and makes them discard randomly.

Outside of that, no, Yasunori is no longer the solo beat machine he used to be in 2nd.  4 attacks nearly guaranteed, min 2 max 5, no natural way to increase the damage.  What he is, though, is an anti scheme running scheme runner.  He can catch the scheme runner no matter where they hide, he can dispose of them, or move them out of position and scheme on their own.

For this, is he over priced?  Definitely.  Is he still usable?  Definitely.  I have a very Flying Oni crew I taken whenever I'm facing a marker crew (Rasputina, Titania, Mah, etc) so they stop being an issue.  It's not gonna be everybody's cup of tea, but he has uses.

To add some specifics of my uses

I've had luck with him in foundry. Sparks anyalyze weakness gets rid of the armor issue. Then most high armor models don't have the def to compete with a stat 6 with a +. His + also makes him good against anything that relies on giving you a - for attacks as def. Hes defenitly not an auto include but he's still quite viable 

• Agree 1

42 minutes ago, Morgan Vening said:

And this is one of the most annoying things (on a personal level for me) to pass out of the Beta. He was a Horseman for a while there, and then he wasn't. 

He'll always be Yasahorsey to me. :(

Him having the horseman key word was one of the more annoying things in the beta for me, so I was personally glad he lost it. The horseman were a story point from several years ago, and he wasn't there for their ride with Leviticus. 

• Agree 3

1 hour ago, Adran said:

Him having the horseman key word was one of the more annoying things in the beta for me, so I was personally glad he lost it. The horseman were a story point from several years ago, and he wasn't there for their ride with Leveticus. 

Boooo!

And of course he wasn't with the ride with Leveticus. He's Ten Thunders. They're always late to the party. :)

And having Yasuhorsey as a Horseman opened up the possibility that Bayou might get one. And the idea of what twisted thing Wyrd would do with the Horseman concept for Bayou should be all the reason needed to support Yasuhorsey.

• Haha 1