Where is "From Nightmares?"

Immersturm

So I'm reading through "Under Quarantine" and I find that there's a section for Neverborn-based "Blood Sickness" (p. 152), which can potentially turn an otherwise bouncing baby human into a full-fledged Neverborn. Thing is, the rules for playing a Neverborn character are filed under a book called "From Nightmares," which straight-out doesn't seem to exist. I checked Google, Amazon, my conscience, and yet the book seems to be missing no matter where I look! Am I going crazy?

• Like 1

This is one of the most annoying parts of how this game is presented. Don't give me something in one book that uses rules for something that can only be found in another book. Especially one that's not out yet and with no release date! It makes me feel manipulated as a fan. Either put it in the book so that I don't have to reference 3 books to find rules or omit it entirely. Use some of the massive amounts of white space in the layouts to include the rules for what's being presented instead of using it as a teaser to sell books. I'd rather have rules redundancies than things printed that I can't use because I don't have the rules.

• Like 1

On 7/23/2019 at 12:04 AM, ezramantis said:

This is one of the most annoying parts of how this game is presented. Don't give me something in one book that uses rules for something that can only be found in another book. Especially one that's not out yet and with no release date...

The interconectedness and complexity of the rules is one of my favorite things about how this game is constructed, and they do offer a simple alternative rule for if one doesn't happen to have the relevant expansion book. On the other hand, a release date would do a lot to allay my anxiety over if From Nightmares will be released at all.

• Like 2

I'm hoping we get some news for it soon. The group I play with just discovered this game a couple of months ago and are about to finish our 2nd epilogue. We were so intrigued by the core rules (2e) that we've already picked up Into the Bayou, Into Steam, Under Quarantine, and Above the Law. Since there are references to From Nightmares within the Core rules themselves (character creation) we were hoping there was at least an update for the release.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
17 hours ago, oadrian said:

Given the fact that the line's primary author quit early this year and that we haven't heard anything concrete in a long time, it would be nice to know when we might hear something even if that something is that you'll let us know something by X date.

Agreed, or even just "this year" "early/late next year". Obviously people are busy with the release of MK3, but even just confirmation that From Nightmares is still going to be a thing would be appreciated. I can wait, but I don't like not knowing if what I'm waiting for is ever going to happen or not.