New Effigy and Emisary?

belorey

45 minutes ago, theamazingmrg said:

I'm not sure an Effigy and Emissary would make thematic sense, unfortunately, but I'll happily be wrong!

A little Indiana Jones-esque puppet with hat, pistol, and whip would be an insta-buy!

Lucas MiniCabe

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, Morgan Vening said:

I'd like to see the return of the thing that AvPerdita was riding, as the Emissary.

A tameable but still wild flying cat thing, from the outlands.

Was always sad that model wasn't really useful enough for me to buy it.

You could use it for being a nice model!

To be fair, I only picked it up as part of a second hand job-lot, but I really came around to it once I put it together. It's a really gorgeous sculpt with a lot of unique character.  

Unless they can be cute and steal some other faction’s effigy.  I wonder what our odds of a pith hat are...

Thematically, it’s probably a simple enough story addition for Zoraida to have crafted other effigies.  I mean, they had that whole game about escaped voodoo dolls and everything, presumably Z keeps busy.  :) 

Or, we’re getting effigies continually transforming into emissaries now, which kind of demonstrates that whatever Z did that got out of her control is still out of her control and still going.

It’s not too much revisionism for that.

1 hour ago, solkan said:

Or, we’re getting effigies continually transforming into emissaries now, which kind of demonstrates that whatever Z did that got out of her control is still out of her control and still going.

Actually, this bit pretty much guarantees we'll see one of each.

Cause while Wyrd might change their mind, it should be noted that the Effigy of Fate Upgrade has the Explorer's Society symbol on it.

• Agree 2

So someone said they're not printing the Crossroads Seven anymore... I don't remember who... but maybe they'll phase them out into something that is in 8's.

However, except for the 8 cardinal and secondary directions, I don't know anything else that comes in 8s.....

1 hour ago, Jesy Blue said:

So someone said they're not printing the Crossroads Seven anymore... I don't remember who... but maybe they'll phase them out into something that is in 8's.

In the holiday sale where they had the alt-Stitched Together, they had Crossroads 7 boxed sets.  

https://www.wyrd-games.net/news/2019/4/10/easter-2019-newsletter

What I think they discontinued was the Story Encounter box, because all of those printed story encounters need to be examined and revised to the M3E style.  

On 7/20/2019 at 11:52 AM, Adran said:

I'd not be upset with no explorer effigy, it would seem a little strange for one to appear now in the story. What obviously is needed is the 8 th deadly sin. I suggest rules lawyer the band manager. 

I second this a manager/promoter would be so so sick! 😂

On 7/20/2019 at 6:52 AM, Adran said:

I'd not be upset with no explorer effigy, it would seem a little strange for one to appear now in the story. What obviously is needed is the 8 th deadly sin. I suggest rules lawyer the band manager. 

There are 4 Horsemen, 7 Deadly Sins, but there's no limitation to the effigies in the same manner. So an Effigy and an Emissary are much more likely than messing with the source material that these concepts came from.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

On 7/30/2019 at 2:28 PM, Yew Arcane said:

There are 4 Horsemen, 7 Deadly Sins, but there's no limitation to the effigies in the same manner. So an Effigy and an Emissary are much more likely than messing with the source material that these concepts came from.

The horsemen are the three riders from the legend of Baba Yaga, so they've already added an extra. In the beta Yasunori at some points was a rider (I think), so I don't think it's unthinkable that the new faction get one. However, even though they added one extra rider there are still three without, so it wouldn't be shocking if there would be none either...

27 minutes ago, tmod said:

The horsemen are the three riders from the legend of Baba Yaga, so they've already added an extra. 

Personally I always put the horseman as the ones from the apocalypse, and would have expected 4. Plus we had the 4 ride out with Leviticus in some world saving attempt already. ( at a time when we only had 4 real factions, and a collection of other things). 

Looking at baba yaga and her horseman, they are the 3 different forms the hooded rider had in first edition, when he was the only rider. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

According to wikipedia, the original list was roughly:

• Gluttony
  • Lust
  • Greed
  • Pride
  • Acedia* (later merged with Sloth)
  • Wraith
  • Vainglory/Vanity (later merged with Pride)
  • Sloth

and Envy was a later addition when Despair and Vainglory got merged out.  So there are actually plausible choices for deadly sins #8 and #9.

* The article I read spends a paragraph trying to explain the term.  I'm not going to try picking one of the listed synonyms.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Well all the effigies follow the same format, so we’ll see probably a ranged attack similar to Brutal with either another attack or a Tactical Action and a Bonus Action Aura of some kind. What other Action and Aura do we think our ‘Adventurous Effigy’ will have? Also, what type of Emissary will we get? A Big Ol’ Beater like Arcane and Brutal? A mix of Beater and Support like Carrion? More Support Focused like Hodgepodge and Shadow?