Waldo's Weekly - I Will Walk Five Hundred (And Thirty Five) Miles

Kyle

1.  how are the Banjonista's not in the box called "Deliverance"?

2.  Is Huggy getting more... humanoid?

3.  I was kind of hoping the Vik's box would be back a couple of months so I wouldn't have to buy it right away... now I gotta buy more before recovering from the last splurge.

• Like 1

Has there been any word on when the models will be available single outside of the boxes, the new ones I mean. I remember it being said that the new models would be purchasable by themselves, but not any more than the announcement. 

I love Georgy and Olaf, but already have banjonistas

40 minutes ago, Flinroz said:

Has there been any word on when the models will be available single outside of the boxes, the new ones I mean. I remember it being said that the new models would be purchasable by themselves, but not any more than the announcement. 

I love Georgy and Olaf, but already have banjonistas

I think they are special order only, but that special order can be either direct from wyrd, or through your local store.

Edit- they said they were doing both options so it's which works best for you

2 minutes ago, Adran said:

I think they are special order only, but that special order can be either direct from wyrd, or through your local store.

Hopefully directly through Wyrd. My local store wasn't even special ordering their stuff last time I checked

The gremlin split is a big nonsense, why not put every new model in the same box? It forces us, the veteran players, to buy everything on special order as it will only be available for 1 year. This means a lot of models for people that has been playing a bit and have 3 or 4 faction.

• Respectfully Disagree 1

17 minutes ago, Flinroz said:

The Banjonistas are the only ones I'm trying to avoid personally. I love the new somer, have a project in mind for the skeeters, and only have 5 bayous currently. Lenny I may turn into a second spit hog

Being a Somer player you at least have four bayous so to max out the spit hogs you will end with 12 at minimum... Having the opportunity to make two spit hog sculpts and selling them in a box and doing this is pretty bad IMHO

On the other hand they should release the boxes details (and stop making us guess from odd names and product codes) to help us, the veterans, to pick single models if possible. How a veteran player picks abuela now (for examole)? Not included in the special orders program...

4 minutes ago, longfanz said:

Being a Somer player you at least have four bayous so to max out the spit hogs you will end with 12 at minimum... Having the opportunity to make two spit hog sculpts and selling them in a box and doing this is pretty bad IMHO

can I suggest the special order program and/or the secondary market to you then?  It's specifically designed so that you don't have to end up with a bunch of duplicate sculpts of models you already own.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Clement said:

can I suggest the special order program and/or the secondary market to you then?  It's specifically designed so that you don't have to end up with a bunch of duplicate sculpts of models you already own.

I'll try but not living in the US is a pain un the ass for that. Giving that is nearly impossible to buy some faction packs in Europe rn we'll see how such program works and if It worths it

• Agree 2

20 minutes ago, longfanz said:

The decision to consolidate boxes was not to frustrate veteran players, but to accommodate both new players and store owners. We've cut down just under 200 SKUs in our game while releasing many more models in the process. I'm sorry if you can't see that as a huge victory for store owners and players, but it is for multiple reasons.

Having as many boxes and products as we have had in the previous edition made it difficult for stores to continuously stock (shelf space is a commodity for any game) and for new players to understand what to buy.  New players means growing communities, which in turns means a healthier community overall for all of our players. 

We created the Special Order program for this very reason - so that our existing players would not be frustrated with having to buy models they already own. This is no small task for us, but we are doing everything we can to ensure new and old players alike can enjoy Malifaux for years to come. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, Kyle said:

We created the Special Order program for this very reason - so that our existing players would not be frustrated with having to buy models they already own. This is no small task for us, but we are doing everything we can to ensure new and old players alike can enjoy Malifaux for years to come. 

Still Crossing my fingers hoping Special orders will be available in Germany. I know it's not your fault but most likely a distrubutor issue but the last time I checked my go-to store and thei Distributor had no clue at all.

I like the hootenany box because I don't own banjonistas yet - so I got lucky and this will be a buy for me. The Deliverance-Box however… I'm not so sure about that. Do I get this Right? Spit Hogs are Minon (2) but there will be only one in the box? So there is also just one sculpt? If so I will most likely just end up using old Major and the sow as stand ins since I don't really Need any more bayou gremlins.

While I do appreciate the condensing of boxes for store owners is a good thing the issue is the contents of the boxes. Them being half old half new is particularly bad because as this is ultimately pushing people like me away from buying these models at all. The special order system might work somewhat well in the US but internationally it will be a struggle. I'm from Australia meaning that we have shipping costs like crazy to the level where my annual Gencon order always ends up being double the price because of shipping ($100 USD shipping is a real thing). Having special orders for people in my local community and I would say a large portion of my country will not work as the price will probably be similar or higher than the retail box with the doubled up models. What should've happened is the new go with the new and the old go with the old. That way we will not have to worry about ridiculous costs or having extra models collecting dust. This is a really unfortunate situation because I want to have all the models but I dont want to have an excessive price tag connected to them.

• Agree 2

11 hours ago, thatlatinspeakingguy said:

Finally, Hungering Darkness which looks good.

Agreed.  Bedbug Huggy... the less said about him, and I was never a fan of the Alt version.  This one, on the other hand, is great!  As long as the sculpt lives up to it, but luckily Wyrd are the one company that has a great art-to-model conversion success rate, so I'm not too worried!