Journalists controling interact actions

4thstringer

So, when you control an enemy model's interact action, and you make them drop a marker, do you drop one of your markers or one of theirs.  Previously I thought it was one of theirs, but looking at the rules is states that when a model drops a marker, it is friendly to the crew that controlled the model dropping the marker. That would suggest they drop a marker for the guild side.

Do I have that right?

EDIT: Would this be the same for obeys?

Actually it does. When you control this interact action model is considered to be friendly to you, so you can change the marker status from enemy to neutral and from neutral to friendly using enemy (friendly for the duration of the interact) model.

15 minutes ago, Legislat said:

Actually it does. When you control this interact action model is considered to be friendly to you, so you can change the marker status from enemy to neutral and from neutral to friendly using enemy (friendly for the duration of the interact) model.

That doesn't agree with what it says on page 26, bottom of the first row: "Regardless of control the model does not change which models it considers friendly.  Control changes who makes the decisions, it does not change the Crew to which the model belongs".

20 minutes ago, 4thstringer said:

That doesn't agree with what it says on page 26, bottom of the first row: "Regardless of control the model does not change which models it considers friendly.  Control changes who makes the decisions, it does not change the Crew to which the model belongs".

The text on Nellies card trumps the core rules.

43 minutes ago, 4thstringer said:

You're missing the bullet point in Markers (page 28 of the PDF)

When a model Drops a Marker, it is friendly to the Crew controlling the model that Dropped it.

In M2E, in the Scheme Markers callout box was the opposite statement:

This Scheme Marker is always considered friendly to the crew of the model that placed it, regardless of who controlled the Interact Action.

In M3E, control changes who the marker is friendly to.

Edit:  Sorry, I misread the thread and didn't realize that that's where you were starting from; and had moved on to the Turf War argument.  :( 

Exclusive Interview says:

When an enemy model within :aura2 takes the Interact Action, it is treated as a friendly model and the Action is controlled by this model.

That part in red is contradicting the main rulebook:

Regardless of control the model does not change which models it considers friendly.  Control changes who makes the decisions, it does not change the Crew to which the model belongs

Per Breaking The Rules, "When a special rule explicitly contradicts the core rules, follow the special rule rather than the core rule."

If you someone just tried to use Obey or something, that wouldn't work.  But Obey just has "controlled" and doesn't include the bit about being friendly.

• 3 weeks later...

Question regarding the Interact in 'Deliver a message':
  If an enemy model tries to do this to my Leader and is in range of my model "Exclusive Interview" ability, does it mean, that I am as controlling player may choose 'Drop a marker' version (for example) and sabotage Scheme completion?

Yeah when you obey, they drop their own scheme marker as they are still friendly to their crew.  Nellie dumps on that with her exclusive interview and you can control whatever interact it will be.

So much fun if I could find someone playing showgirls who hadn't realised that,.  I don't like gotcha's but I couldn't resist that one... ;)

• Respectfully Disagree 1

47 minutes ago, HowNot2Wargame said:

Yeah when you obey, they drop their own scheme marker as they are still friendly to their crew.  Nellie dumps on that with her exclusive interview and you can control whatever interact it will be.

when you obey someone since you are in control, the scheme marker drop is always friendly to you, not the obeyed model crew.

On ‎8‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 4:43 PM, Cursed25 said:

when you obey someone since you are in control, the scheme marker drop is always friendly to you, not the obeyed model crew.

I read that differently. Page 26 of the electronic rules

Friendly models, Markers, and terrain are those that have been hired into your Crew, and those Summoned, Dropped, or Created by your Crew.

Enemy models, Markers, and terrain are those that have been hired into the opponent’s Crew, and those Summoned, Dropped, or Created by the opponent’s Crew

and later on

Regardless of control, the model does not change which models it considers friendly and which it considers an enemy. Control changes who makes the decisions; it does not change the Crew to which the model belongs.

When a model drops a marker with an interact action, it drops a marker that is friendly to it, and so therefore friendly to the crew that hired it in most cases. Obey does not change who it considers friendly.

Exclusive interview does change who it considers friendly though so it would let you drop markers that are friendly to you and not markers that are enemy to you.

• Agree 2

14 hours ago, Adran said:

When a model drops a marker with an interact action, it drops a marker that is friendly to it, and so therefore friendly to the crew that hired it in most cases. Obey does not change who it considers friendly.

This is the part you are getting wrong.

The rules on page 28 are pretty clear on this one: page 28 the marker dropped is friendly to the crew controlling the action.

Screenshot_20190812-211534.png

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, 4thstringer said:

This is the part you are getting wrong.

The rules on page 28 are pretty clear on this one: page 28 the marker dropped is friendly to the crew controlling the action.

Dagnamit -I spent ages trawling the friendly section, and its not there, its in the marker section. Cheers

Related item I'd like to confirm my reading of:

Headline: Secret Exposed! Makes the target take an interact, but does not choose or control the interact.  My understanding is, the target can choose from any legal interact and do so, assuming the 2" aura is not in play.

Curious if peeps out there are playing it differently.

Just now, Edegan said:

Related item I'd like to confirm my reading of:

Headline: Secret Exposed! Makes the target take an interact, but does not choose or control the interact.  My understanding is, the target can choose from any legal interact and do so, assuming the 2" aura is not in play.

Curious if peeps out there are playing it differently.

That's right. That includes picking up markers even if there are none there.

• Like 1

So, if Nellie is within 2” of a model that she “one more question”ed to interact and controls that interact with dropping a guild marker, does Nellie get to draw the card and journalists get focused +1?

The 8” aura abilities for draw and focus state “when an enemy model within 8”. 

Thoughts?