Spider Web Advice

LeperColony

Despite being a long time gamer, I'm only a mediocre hobbyist.  The whole building and painting aspect has always been something I just have to get done, rather than something to enjoy.

But now I have an idea, so I'd appreciate any advice.

I'm interested in starting Ulix, but I want to replace his totem Penelope with a spider a la Charlotte's Web.  The idea is to find a spider miniature, put it on some kind of scenery.  Those I can accomplish easily enough I think.  The question is how to model her webbing to spell out a message like "Some Pig!" like from the books.

Any suggestions on materials and/or techniques would be great!

You can blow crackle medium through your airbrush. I never tried it myself but there should be some tutorials on YT.

You can use glue with (!) solvent. The solvent free will not work! Put a drop between your fingers and squeeze it some times as you would do with hairstyling gel. Then it works best if you have a fork like strukture. Put your thumb and your finger together, open them and move them from one side of the fork to the other, close them and repeat backwards and forewards.

• Thanks 1

I'd say your best bet will be to actually paint the words onto a surface in off-white and try to work webs around it so that it looks integral to them. Actually laying out the words in webbing sounds like an utter nightmare.

Greenstuff world have some specific web maker stuff for airbrush, think there are other alternatives using varnish etc. Using fishing line as a support seems to be the best way to go, you could even try to base your webbing off of that without the airbrush. 

• Thanks 1