Centerline Width

LeperColony

Question

How wide is the centerline?  I think in a lot of games I've seen, it's been treated as basically the width of the tape measure (so almost an inch or so), but since I couldn't find a centerline width specified, it's probably meant to be just a narrow strip no wider than a piece or paper.

6 answers to this question

1 hour ago, LeperColony said:

How wide is the centerline?  I think in a lot of games I've seen, it's been treated as basically the width of the tape measure (so almost an inch or so), but since I couldn't find a centerline width specified, it's probably meant to be just a narrow strip no wider than a piece or paper.

You’ve got me intrigued by your different experience, because I’ve never seen someone treat a centerline as the width of a tape measure.  At worst it was “the line’s right here but the best we can do is mark it with this strong or whatever-mm pencil markings.  So keep in mind the line’s in the center of this.”

When the rules say “The Centerline always bisects the table into two equal halves”, there’s conceptually no gap between the two halves and no space cut out by the centerline.  (Obviously, it’s impossible to draw the centerline on the table as a line with no width would be invisible.  The best you can do is draw a thin line centered on it.)

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, solkan said:

You’ve got me intrigued by your different experience, because I’ve never seen someone treat a centerline as the width of a tape measure.  At worst it was “the line’s right here but the best we can do is mark it with this strong or whatever-mm pencil markings.  So keep in mind the line’s in the center of this.”

When the rules say “The Centerline always bisects the table into two equal halves”, there’s conceptually no gap between the two halves and no space cut out by the centerline.  (Obviously, it’s impossible to draw the centerline on the table as a line with no width would be invisible.  The best you can do is draw a thin line centered on it.)

I've played Malifaux with a few different groups, but they've always been somewhat isolated from the larger community.  So these kinds of little errors crop up and never get fixed.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1