Jump to content

Molly - share your lists


Recommended Posts

I have hired Sloth several times in Jack Daw's and Molly's crews because he looked good on paper and I didn't like him at all. He's slow and his actions turned out to be less relevant than I anticipated. Probably Ride with me is the way to fix his mobility, but then Molly stays where I deployed her. I don't say he's bad, but definitely not my style.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 months later...
  • Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You'll find some dissenting voices on the matter especially on the following two models: Night Terrors and Philip and The Nanny. I personally, love both, and can't bring myself to play a game witho

Welcome to Molly! Forgotten is an awesome keyword, and you'll need to make a few decisions about your crew: Overall recommendation: Buy the Pirate crew box + Archie (if you're after the pira

I'm resurrecting this thread a bit, but hey, that's what we do, right?  I've moved into a pretty standard list with Molly that I'm using in all non-reckoning strategies and I don't have something

Posted Images

On 9/3/2019 at 1:36 PM, Maniacal_cackle said:

I agree, Molly doesn't need many soulstones. I usually take about 3 on her unless I'm worried about an assassinate. I go up to 5 on occasion.

I double down on this - 1, 2 or 3 Soulstones are plenty in most pools for Molly, but sometimes reaching for more can make sense. I've been taking 5-6 in pools with Assassinate or Detonate The Charges or Harness The Leyline - and sometimes even more in pools with multiple of these. With a few Soulstones at hand for the :tome trigger on her One Last Question, she's extremely consistent at securing Detonate and Harness as she can pop a couple Scheme Markers down near the end of turn 2 without much prior 'set up' at all, for an easy VP. As long as Molly survives, it's also fairly easy to force the 2nd VP  on turn 5 too. Another quick note: if you're taking Harness The Leyline, Archie's a great target if he's on the centreline as he'll ignore the Slow that Molly hands out as part of One Last Question

 

Now that I've had a few dozen more games under my belt, I figured I'd voice some more of my thoughts. Generally my core remains: Necrotic Machine, Archie, Dead Rider, and at least one Crooligan (often two, and sometimes three). 

Here's my thoughts on some of our available choices we have with Molly:

Minions:

Crooligans will always show up. Triple Crooligans are completely viable (and a complete nightmare to face) in Scheme Marker heavy pools. They're just brutal for destroying Scheme Markers and the hopes and dreams of your opponent. 

Night Terrors can be superb in some pools. I think that they have a higher skill ceiling than Crooligans; they are harder to use, they are less forgiving if you make a mistake, and they are obviously 1ss costlier, but they have huge potential when you play them well. Abusing their free pushes is the key to making their 5ss cost worthwhile. They're good enough to summon when I bring the Marshal along. They remain prime candidates for Molly's Constructive Criticism.

Punk Zombies are summons only in my books. They just don't do enough to justify 6ss.

Outside of Forgotten keyword, the only other minion I typically bother with is a single Rotten Belle, which I feel is a great inclusion in Reckoning. Yes, Lure is nowhere near as good as it was in 2nd, and 6ss feels bad for just one Action... But Lure is still an incredible tool to have available in Reckoning. Molly's not normally the first master you'd think of for Reckoning, but I've found Lethe's Caress has the potential to be brutal enough in Reckoning that she's sometimes the right pick - and when I do pick her for Reckoning, a Rotten Belle is starting to become a staple. 

Enforcers:

Archie may as well be Molly's second totem for how much of an auto-include he is. Always hire him. Always.

The Forgotten Marshall remains a high priority pick for me. He always brings The Whisper upgrade; not only does it increase the chances of finding a :crowto summon with, but it also helps enable his attack triggers. As an added bonus, the card draw reward for killing models synergises with his self-heal reward for killing models, which itself synergises with his Hard To Kill - in my mind all of this further streamlines his role as a damage dealer. If he's a couple inches shy of shooting the right target, or if he gets stuck in combat, I won't hesitate to use Molly's Free Action to give him that a 2" push and Focus. 

Rogue Necromancy is a sometimes bring. He's good enough to bring frequently, but has some big weaknesses and shouldn't be the first go-to. If I do take him and the opponent clumps up, I like to reach out with Projective Vomit rather than commit him early; because once he's committed, he dies fast!

Dead Rider, I hire as often as I can, and when I hire The Forgotten Marshal, I always bring Dead Rider. He offers much needed mobility through Ride With Me, which is especially important if the Marshall becomes locked in combat; he can try to use Pine Box as a last resort, but I'd much prefer him to reach out with his Peacebringer. I try save my Fate Tokens for a big ol' whack with Revel In Death, looking to trigger Spinning Scythe, or occasionally Soulfire.

Henchmen: 

Phillip and the Nanny is a sometimes bring. They're very painful for your opponent if they declare a master that hands the Focus condition around, like Shenlong with their He's Starting To Make Sense aura. If they also had the same trigger as Molly has on One Last Question to place a free Scheme Marker they'd be terrific, though admittedly they'd probably be too good. With Chatty and the anti-Scheme Marker trigger on One Last Question, they're pretty good in denying options for your opponent in a Scheme Marker heavy pool, but are they worth as much as two Crooligans, who already do an amazing job? Maybe. Phillip and the Nanny has a lot of moving parts and a lot of layered rules, and you need to remember each and every one to get the most out of them and ensure they were worth hiring.  

Vincent St Clair is another sometimes bring, for one reason: he's terrific against summoners. Abuse Rapid Fire with his Sanctified Crossbow, which features two fantastic triggers (including one that auto-kills a Summoned models), coupled with the ability to ignore Friendly Fire, Incorporeal, and Hard To Wound, and he becomes an absolute machine gun against summons. He's very hard to shut down with Agile, and a trigger on his melee attack to shoot with his Sanctified Crossbow even if engaged. He can blow up Corpse Markers at range, which can be situationally great against summoners like Asami or Nicodem. Rapid Fire also slightly synergises with Molly's The Gorgon's Influence redraw mechanic. Being card hungry, suit reliant and very killy, he would definitely benefit from The Whisper.

Mortimer is yet another sometimes bring. Specifically, you would pick him to abuse Fresh Meat and promote the movement of your crew, especially in the early game; pop a Crooligan into play half way up the broad with From The Shadow, and Fresh Meat it. If you do this, make sure you're exclusively hiring Undead to get maximum value. Mortimer's Grave Robber can be used to provide Corpse Marker ammunition for Archie to throw. Bonus points if you get a free Mindless Zombie, and use it as ammunition for Archie to throw instead. Everyone appreciates a Zombie being flung in their face. 

Anna Lovelace, who is admittedly a pretty rare pick for Molly, does shows up occasionally. Basically she's just taken as anti placement trick tech. In particular she's nice against Asami. One of Asami's key attributes is that she lets Oni place themselves whenever they charge, and much of her crew hand out healing and Focus to one another (or at least, the Asami players I play against do). She also uses Scrap and Corpse Markers to fuel her summons. Anna can shut down all of this very efficiently in a bubble around through her auras and Grade Assignment

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

@hydranixx great points! The Archie/leyline trick is neat (although seems excessive). The detonate charges one is key as well.

My most common stone use is for the crows to remove enemy scheme markers. It is super handy for when I don't want to go to a certain part of the board just to eat a scheme (such as power ritual in their own deployment zone). But I can see the usefulness of tomes, especially with dig their graves (though doesn't work if One More Question does lethal).

I've gone off rabble risers a bit. In competitive play I think I want to try the elite build next (dead rider, Archie, Manos).

Forgotten Marshal I still am dubious of (though need to try). Toshiro seems like a far better summoner. And of course, any summoner you take needs to at least be compared to Kirai if double masters are allowed.

Some games I do like a rabble riser hired to stick with Molly all game. If denying plant explosives with Molly, a rabble riser makes her a potent threat (and having an engagement range means it can prevent bomb drops).

I'd love to try Mortimer, but don't think I'll ever buy him unless he is breaking the meta. I have a single gravedigger, so he just feels a bit redundant (even though his move ability seems super sweet).

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

Forgotten Marshal I still am dubious of (though need to try). Toshiro seems like a far better summoner. And of course, any summoner you take needs to at least be compared to Kirai if double masters are allowed.

I'd love to try Mortimer, but don't think I'll ever buy him unless he is breaking the meta. I have a single gravedigger, so he just feels a bit redundant (even though his move ability seems super sweet).

If you're looking for a summoner specifically, sure, I would suggest Toshiro or Kirai too. I don't consider The Forgotten Marshal as a dedicated summoner, so I don't purposefully hire him to summon.

I hire him for his solid ranged attack where I can sink any surplus :ram into, his situationally useful melee attack (last game I Boxed a Dead Rider for two turns lol) - and to occasionally summon. At 9ss with The Whisper, he doesn't break the budget. He's been my MVP for enough games that he's always considered. Definitely suggest that you give him a spin before you dismiss him :) 

 

I wouldn't get Mortimer just for Molly either; I converted a Mortimer out of the fat Guild Autopsy model and Kang's shovel.

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Ran Molly solo at UK nationals and she didn't disappoint. 

Wins versus Zipp, McMourning and Ironsides(twice), draws against Molly and Dreamer and a loss against Sandeep. 

Ended up using a pretty small pool, the only non keyword models being the rider who was probably in 5 of my 7 lists and bonepiles who were probably in all 7(reducing the effigy to watching from the sidelines). 

The Marshall was in almost every list, decent secondary damage dealer in a pinch, summoned when needed(replacing dead crooligans) and generally helping Molly control my half of the board. 

I found I ended up taking 8/9 model lists over elite lists every game, and the activation control and speed of the crew seemed to overcome the lack of hitting outside of Archie and the rider. 

I found opponents respect Archie so much they give him too much room due to his threat range, and as soon as he switches into scheme runner/crooligan delivery system its usually too late to catch up. 

Molly herself played a reactive role, and her toolbox allowed a lot of flexibility. It took until game 7 for someone to actually try killing her, and my opponent comfortably removed her with stitched and chompy. 

There was a high TT presence, but luckily I managed to avoid Shenlong all weekend. 

All in all an enjoyable 7 games. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, hydranixx said:

I double down on this - 1, 2 or 3 Soulstones are plenty in most pools for Molly, but sometimes reaching for more can make sense. I've been taking 5-6 in pools with Assassinate or Detonate The Charges or Harness The Leyline - and sometimes even more in pools with multiple of these. With a few Soulstones at hand for the :tome trigger on her One Last Question, she's extremely consistent at securing Detonate and Harness as she can pop a couple Scheme Markers down near the end of turn 2 without much prior 'set up' at all, for an easy VP. As long as Molly survives, it's also fairly easy to force the 2nd VP  on turn 5 too. Another quick note: if you're taking Harness The Leyline, Archie's a great target if he's on the centreline as he'll ignore the Slow that Molly hands out as part of One Last Question

 

Now that I've had a few dozen more games under my belt, I figured I'd voice some more of my thoughts. Generally my core remains: Necrotic Machine, Archie, Dead Rider, and at least one Crooligan (often two, and sometimes three). 

Here's my thoughts on some of our available choices we have with Molly:

Minions:

Crooligans will always show up. Triple Crooligans are completely viable (and a complete nightmare to face) in Scheme Marker heavy pools. They're just brutal for destroying Scheme Markers and the hopes and dreams of your opponent. 

Night Terrors can be superb in some pools. I think that they have a higher skill ceiling than Crooligans; they are harder to use, they are less forgiving if you make a mistake, and they are obviously 1ss costlier, but they have huge potential when you play them well. Abusing their free pushes is the key to making their 5ss cost worthwhile. They're good enough to summon when I bring the Marshal along. They remain prime candidates for Molly's Constructive Criticism.

Punk Zombies are summons only in my books. They just don't do enough to justify 6ss.

Outside of Forgotten keyword, the only other minion I typically bother with is a single Rotten Belle, which I feel is a great inclusion in Reckoning. Yes, Lure is nowhere near as good as it was in 2nd, and 6ss feels bad for just one Action... But Lure is still an incredible tool to have available in Reckoning. Molly's not normally the first master you'd think of for Reckoning, but I've found Lethe's Caress has the potential to be brutal enough in Reckoning that she's sometimes the right pick - and when I do pick her for Reckoning, a Rotten Belle is starting to become a staple. 

Enforcers:

Archie may as well be Molly's second totem for how much of an auto-include he is. Always hire him. Always.

The Forgotten Marshall remains a high priority pick for me. He always brings The Whisper upgrade; not only does it increase the chances of finding a :crowto summon with, but it also helps enable his attack triggers. As an added bonus, the card draw reward for killing models synergises with his self-heal reward for killing models, which itself synergises with his Hard To Kill - in my mind all of this further streamlines his role as a damage dealer. If he's a couple inches shy of shooting the right target, or if he gets stuck in combat, I won't hesitate to use Molly's Free Action to give him that a 2" push and Focus. 

Rogue Necromancy is a sometimes bring. He's good enough to bring frequently, but has some big weaknesses and shouldn't be the first go-to. If I do take him and the opponent clumps up, I like to reach out with Projective Vomit rather than commit him early; because once he's committed, he dies fast!

Dead Rider, I hire as often as I can, and when I hire The Forgotten Marshal, I always bring Dead Rider. He offers much needed mobility through Ride With Me, which is especially important if the Marshall becomes locked in combat; he can try to use Pine Box as a last resort, but I'd much prefer him to reach out with his Peacebringer. I try save my Fate Tokens for a big ol' whack with Revel In Death, looking to trigger Spinning Scythe, or occasionally Soulfire.

Henchmen: 

Phillip and the Nanny is a sometimes bring. They're very painful for your opponent if they declare a master that hands the Focus condition around, like Shenlong with their He's Starting To Make Sense aura. If they also had the same trigger as Molly has on One Last Question to place a free Scheme Marker they'd be terrific, though admittedly they'd probably be too good. With Chatty and the anti-Scheme Marker trigger on One Last Question, they're pretty good in denying options for your opponent in a Scheme Marker heavy pool, but are they worth as much as two Crooligans, who already do an amazing job? Maybe. Phillip and the Nanny has a lot of moving parts and a lot of layered rules, and you need to remember each and every one to get the most out of them and ensure they were worth hiring.  

Vincent St Clair is another sometimes bring, for one reason: he's terrific against summoners. Abuse Rapid Fire with his Sanctified Crossbow, which features two fantastic triggers (including one that auto-kills a Summoned models), coupled with the ability to ignore Friendly Fire, Incorporeal, and Hard To Wound, and he becomes an absolute machine gun against summons. He's very hard to shut down with Agile, and a trigger on his melee attack to shoot with his Sanctified Crossbow even if engaged. He can blow up Corpse Markers at range, which can be situationally great against summoners like Asami or Nicodem. Rapid Fire also slightly synergises with Molly's The Gorgon's Influence redraw mechanic. Being card hungry, suit reliant and very killy, he would definitely benefit from The Whisper.

Mortimer is yet another sometimes bring. Specifically, you would pick him to abuse Fresh Meat and promote the movement of your crew, especially in the early game; pop a Crooligan into play half way up the broad with From The Shadow, and Fresh Meat it. If you do this, make sure you're exclusively hiring Undead to get maximum value. Mortimer's Grave Robber can be used to provide Corpse Marker ammunition for Archie to throw. Bonus points if you get a free Mindless Zombie, and use it as ammunition for Archie to throw instead. Everyone appreciates a Zombie being flung in their face. 

Anna Lovelace, who is admittedly a pretty rare pick for Molly, does shows up occasionally. Basically she's just taken as anti placement trick tech. In particular she's nice against Asami. One of Asami's key attributes is that she lets Oni place themselves whenever they charge, and much of her crew hand out healing and Focus to one another (or at least, the Asami players I play against do). She also uses Scrap and Corpse Markers to fuel her summons. Anna can shut down all of this very efficiently in a bubble around through her auras and Grade Assignment

Where is Manos?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 months later...
On 7/15/2019 at 2:19 PM, Maniacal_cackle said:

One thing I think I should emphasise more: the activation advantage provided by constructive criticism:

Consider a situation where you and an opponent both have the same number of models (say 8), and you are able to win initiative and force them to go first on turn 1.

Their turn 1 looks like this:

  • Activate 8 models

Your turn 1 looks like this:

  • Activate 2 models
  • Activate Molly, constructive criticism twice (activate fading twice), possibly use bonus action for more fading (but unlikely that you'll have that many cards). Miscellaneous action.
  • Activate 2 models again (opponent now activates sixth model).
  • Activated 2 more models (opponent now activates final model).
  • Activate 3 models after you opponent has fully activated!!

This is hugely potent for a few reasons.....

So it's taken me a while, but I finally assembled my Brine and Bones box, got some additional models and I'm ready to go. So popped back here to read the advice again, got this response, and now I'm more familia with the crew and 3rd ed in general, this idea just blows me away. I've got a game lined up on thursday and I'm totally using this approach.

I'll be taking Molly against TT against an opponant who only plays misaki and Shenlong. I'm expecting Misaki, but honestly the guy is a tactical genius and I expect to lose, but accepting that means I can concentrate on learning rather than trying to win.

Anyhoo, it's Turf War and I'll be taking:

Molly

Mariner

Arrrrchie

Rogue Necromancy

Carion Emissary

Forgotten Marshall / Whisper

2 x Crooligan

4ss ( think).

My plan, based on the input from the 3rd floor wars podcast and the above) will be move up the big guys towards the middle, using the Emissary's  Exhumation to either block lanes t the middle token or create mindless zombies to create speed bumps, use Constructive criticism on the Crooligans to get them to the tokens on the eney's zone to flip them early, then By Your Side them back to deny the easy flip back, then hunker down in the middle.

That's the plan, anyway.

Schemes are Power Ritual, Claim Jump, Detonate charges, Hold up their forces, and dig their graves. Given the above, Claim jump seems obvious, probably on the Emissary.

I'm thinking Hold Up Their Forces as the second, given the Marshall will be summoning Skelly wags or replacement Crooligans, and the Meissary is going to be busy summong Mindless Zombies with the purpose of engaging his models.

We'll see how this goes.

Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Mikes said:

So it's taken me a while, but I finally assembled my Brine and Bones box, got some additional models and I'm ready to go. So popped back here to read the advice again, got this response, and now I'm more familia with the crew and 3rd ed in general, this idea just blows me away. I've got a game lined up on thursday and I'm totally using this approach.

I'll be taking Molly against TT against an opponant who only plays misaki and Shenlong. I'm expecting Misaki, but honestly the guy is a tactical genius and I expect to lose, but accepting that means I can concentrate on learning rather than trying to win.

Anyhoo, it's Turf War and I'll be taking:

Molly

Mariner

Arrrrchie

Rogue Necromancy

Carion Emissary

Forgotten Marshall / Whisper

2 x Crooligan

4ss ( think).

My plan, based on the input from the 3rd floor wars podcast and the above) will be move up the big guys towards the middle, using the Emissary's  Exhumation to either block lanes t the middle token or create mindless zombies to create speed bumps, use Constructive criticism on the Crooligans to get them to the tokens on the eney's zone to flip them early, then By Your Side them back to deny the easy flip back, then hunker down in the middle.

That's the plan, anyway.

Schemes are Power Ritual, Claim Jump, Detonate charges, Hold up their forces, and dig their graves. Given the above, Claim jump seems obvious, probably on the Emissary.

I'm thinking Hold Up Their Forces as the second, given the Marshall will be summoning Skelly wags or replacement Crooligans, and the Meissary is going to be busy summong Mindless Zombies with the purpose of engaging his models.

We'll see how this goes.

A couple of tips!

  • Mindless Zombies don't count for Hold Up Their Forces (they're insignificant).
  • Shenlong and Misaki are both extremely kill-y crews. You might be able to sneak the first point on claim jump, but they'll probably kill the claim jumper afterwards. If you do go this route, take advantage of this. Make them spend lots of resources taking out your claim jumper while you're sorting out points elsewhere.
  • Dig their graves can be super easy if you have a gravedigger, so worth considering taking one.
  • Turf War, it can pay to go elite, so your crew looks pretty sweet on the face of it!
  • Shenlong and Misaki are pretty maneuverable, but so are you... I don't know who will win in a game of cat and mouse, but be prepared to lure them into traps/support Archie when he goes off to play.
  • Don't forget Archie can make a fantastic claim jumper - use the activation trick to get the last activation, then just have him leap into place at the last minute to snag a point. He'll die before the second point, but it is an easy score for the first point. Especially useful if you have claim jump + hold up their forces, so that when they come to kill Archie, you might score a point off of the hold up their forces.
  • Make sure to blow up their scheme-runners. Their crews are extremely kill-y, with some scheme runners then going and securing points. Removing their scheme runners can cripple their crews, forcing them to score with elite models. Beware, the same strategy works against you! Crooligans are very good at hiding, thankfully, but be wary of them killing the models they can teleport to.

That's just some thoughts! I've only played against Misaki once, so take my advice with grains of salt.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Mikes said:

I'll be taking Molly against TT against an opponant who only plays misaki and Shenlong. I'm expecting Misaki, but honestly the guy is a tactical genius and I expect to lose, but accepting that means I can concentrate on learning rather than trying to win.

If he decides to play Shenlong knowing that you're learning Molly then he's not only a tactical genius, but also a bit of an asshole 😉 And if he decides to play Misaki, than you will have an upperhand, as Molly counters her Shadow Marker schtick pretty well.

17 hours ago, Mikes said:

Schemes are Power Ritual, Claim Jump, Detonate charges, Hold up their forces, and dig their graves. Given the above, Claim jump seems obvious, probably on the Emissary.

What's good about this scheme pool is that 3 of them require markers, so if your opponent has any understanding of how Forgotten works he will be forced to choose the other two - or will try to table you.

You say that Claim Jump seems obvious, but personaly I can't think of any scheme pool were Claim Jump is obvious choice, as it is one of the hardests schemes to get full points of unless you build your crew around it. In my opinion you need a tanky model and a lot of healing to attempt it, and your list (which is fine, just not for that scheme) lack both.

I would also go for Hold Up, as it is relatively doable with Forgotten crew and does not require many actions that do not contribute to the proper brawl. But I'm not sure about the second scheme. Power Ritual in Turf War seems risky, as people often keep some model behind to secure turf marker. Ten Thunders will bring some second-line shooters anyway. And if you commit Archie and Crooligans to Power Ritual, who's going to hold them up?

Detonate Charges is not impossible with Crooligans and can synergize with Hold Up, but otherwise it's another difficult scheme to achieve unless you have some reliable scheme markers generation/manipulation other than Interact action. Dig Their Graves is also doable, so I would consider one of these two.

Anyway, make your own decision and good luck.

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, thatlatinspeakingguy said:

 

Detonate Charges is not impossible with Crooligans and can synergize with Hold Up, but otherwise it's another difficult scheme to achieve unless you have some reliable scheme markers generation/manipulation other than Interact action. Dig Their Graves is also doable, so I would consider one of these two.

Detonate charges can be done with a crooligan + "One More Question" with a scheme marker trigger. A bit clunky as it has to be done in that order, but still an option to be aware of. On the bright side, super easy to do if they're engaging Molly and not one shotting her (which Shenlong might do).

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, thatlatinspeakingguy said:

If he decides to playShenlong knowing that you're learning Molly then he's not only a tactical genius, but also a bit of an asshole 😉

:D 

image.gif.f1e63e52f7f3b4acf4ccde8f309e52ca.gif

1 hour ago, thatlatinspeakingguy said:

And if he decides to play Misaki, than you will have an upperhand, as Molly counters her Shadow Marker schtick pretty well.

What's good about this scheme pool is that 3 of them require markers, so if your opponent has any understanding of how Forgotten works he will be forced to choose the other two - or will try to table you.

 

 

Can you give me a breif rundown of Molly's anti-marker approach? It sounds interesting,

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mikes said:

Can you give me a breif rundown of Molly's anti-marker approach? It sounds interesting,

Crooligans can teleport anywhere and eat a marker (though the timing of it is unclear as to whether you eat the marker before or after the move, I think most people would lean towards after the move).

Molly can remove a marker anywhere on the table with her crows trigger, which is absolutely nuts. She can also Lost Knowledge nearby markers to draw cards.

Crooligans can use their bonus actions to remove markers.

Overall, the crew is just stupidly efficient at removing scheme markers.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

Crooligans can teleport anywhere and eat a marker (though the timing of it is unclear as to whether you eat the marker before or after the move, I think most people would lean towards after the move).

Molly can remove a marker anywhere on the table with her crows trigger, which is absolutely nuts. She can also Lost Knowledge nearby markers to draw cards.

Crooligans can use their bonus actions to remove markers.

Overall, the crew is just stupidly efficient at removing scheme markers.

Damn.... I didn't even connect that those abilites would also work on her shadow markers. Thanks!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/20/2020 at 2:15 PM, Mikes said:

I'll be taking Molly against TT against an opponant who only plays misaki and Shenlong. I'm expecting Misaki, but honestly the guy is a tactical genius and I expect to lose, but accepting that means I can concentrate on learning rather than trying to win.

Anyhoo, it's Turf War and I'll be taking:

Molly

Mariner

Arrrrchie

Rogue Necromancy

Carion Emissary

Forgotten Marshall / Whisper

2 x Crooligan

4ss 

My plan, based on the input from the 3rd floor wars podcast and the above) will be move up the big guys towards the middle, using the Emissary's  Exhumation to either block lanes t the middle token or create mindless zombies to create speed bumps, use Constructive criticism on the Crooligans to get them to the tokens on the eney's zone to flip them early, then By Your Side them back to deny the easy flip back, then hunker down in the middle.

That's the plan, anyway.

Schemes are Power Ritual, Claim Jump, Detonate charges, Hold up their forces, and dig their graves. Given the above, Claim jump seems obvious, probably on the Emissary.

 

OK, game was last night. My opponent took a Misaki crew, as below:

  • Misaki
  • Shang
  • Ototo
  • Dawn Serpent
  • Samurai
  • 2x Torakage
  • The little drunk hamster thing
  • The walking chicken thing
  • No SS

In short, I lost. I conceded at the beginning of Turn five as it was 4-2 to my opponent and I couldn't see how I could pull ahead.

I went into this game with the mindset that this was a learning experience, so I wasn't disappointedwith the result, and to be honest the biggest hurde I faced was msireading how Constructive Criticism worked. The way i went into the game understanding it was I could cast it on my two Crooligans at the start, then let them both go and activate twice later. Which was no one's fault but my own. Anyway, I set up and had a game plan absed on that, and the moment i realised my mistake my whole deployment was shot.

Still, live and learn.

My star of the show was actually a summoned Mindless Zombie, who managed to get two Red Joker'd damaged on the Samurai in one turn, killing him with the resulting poison. I shall call him Jeff. But not far behind was a summoned Skellywag, who managed to basically breeze through a Torokage like it wasn't there and then seriously scare Misaki into fleeing to the other side of the board.

I was very impressed by Rogue Necromancy, and while Archie went down in Turn Three, it took the combined attention of Ototo, the dawn Serpent and Misaki to do it. However, in return he really didn't do much damage. He did combo well with the summoned Zombies from the Emmisary, which is a rick to remember.

In all I think it was a solid list, let down by my aforementioned deployment and misreading the rules, but I also think there was a bit too much overlap between the ROgue Necromancy and the Emmisary. For my next game I would consider dropping the Emmisary down to an Effigy with the upgrade and getting another Crooligan or Skellywag, or potentially swapping it for McMourning or Seamus. I think had I had Seamus instead I would have been in a much better position, havinga solid chance to take out the Tanuki, Shang and the chicken walker dude. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

I've heard that too, but what drew me to Molly was the undead pirate crew aesthetic and, not to put too fine a point on it, the Emissary is going to be a giant parrot and having everything fluffy is a big point for me.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Mikes said:

 

I've heard that too, but what drew me to Molly was the undead pirate crew aesthetic and, not to put too fine a point on it, the Emissary is going to be a giant parrot and having everything fluffy is a big point for me.

You can respect people who know their priorities! 😁👍

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I ran

Moly, Necro, Nani, Archie,forgotten marshal, croliganx2, rabble riser, night terror, effigy on turf war.

List was really not optimized at all for turf war ( many little minions) but I was facing Rasputina and it helped me a lot. Took outflank and harness the leyline. I put the crooligans in Raspi quarters of the table not to have my strategic markers fliped

I discovered that Nani who seemed a bit contradictory on her card (manipulative + boring question which need to be activated + aura which  need movement to be in the right spot) was much more logical than I thought when I played a night terror with it. With Molly's premonition, she healed thks to Archie, repositionning 5" thanks to night terror and start to be much more interesting being placed and keeping her manipulative to be in range directly to use one more question or her abilities. Without night terrors I had some difficulties to find a place for her but now I feel like it's a weird but good henchman.

Versus Rasputina suddenly, you are able to draw more than 6 cards a turn (wiping out ice pillars) and it makes a huge difference !

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information