Plant explosives - can a minion pick up more than one?

Maniacal_cackle

Question

In plant explosives, can a minion already carrying an explosive pick up another one?

What if that minion kills a model carrying an explosive? Can they grab the new one?

The setup instructions say that a minion can only have one bomb placed on them, but it is a bit ambiguous. The wording seems geared towards setup.

My interpretation is you can only place a single bomb on each minion at setup, but after all they are free to do any of the things that result in them carrying more. Is that correct?

• Agree 2

6 answers to this question

The restriction applies to the tokens placed on the models after deployment, not the ones they gain during play. 

The rules even use different terms (place and gain) for the two processes. 

After Deployment starting with the player with Initiative each player alternates placing Explosives Tokens on their deployed models until each player has placed a total of five Explosives Tokens on their models.

Minions can have a maximum of one Explosive Token placed on them while non-Minions can have a maximum of two Explosive Tokens placed on them. 

A model with one or more Explosives Tokens can take the Interact Action to discard an Explosives Token and Drop a Strategy Marker into base contact with itself Strategy Markers cannot be Dropped within 6” of another friendly Strategy Marker. 

A model in base contact with a Strategy Marker can take the Interact Action to discard the Strategy Marker and gain an Explosives Token. 

If a model with one or more Explosives Tokens is killed a model in the opposing Crew that is within 3” of the killed model may gain the killed model’s Explosives Tokens. Otherwise they are discarded. 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, GlowingFruit said:

Since this revelation, I got a little question.

Does a model can interact with an other to pass the explosive token it have?

I'm pretty new to the rules so I apologize if I skipped over something related to it.

No, the 2 special effects of the interact action in this scenario are to discard an explosives token and drop an strategy marker in base contact, or to discard a strategy marker in base contact and gain an explosives token. (Page 44 of the online rules). There is no rule to just pass across tokens (you can do it by the first model dropping a marker and the second picking it up if you need to).

• Thanks 1

Wow.... and with that statement, the tactic of the whole strategy has changed!!!!

No, there seems to be no rule stating a minion cannot have more than one Explosives tokens after placing the initial ones, nor for that matter, that a non-minion cannot carry more than 2 after placing the initial ones.

Way to think outside the box!