Jump to content
Pergli

Reva survivability?

Recommended Posts

How are you guys keep Reva alive? She's died in every game of mine. 

Max heal from burning is 3, you can spened 2 stones to give her Regen 2.

I thought I figured it out by keep shieldbearerers with her but then mcmourning ran into her and one shot the shieldbearers (ignoring armor and htk is crazy). Even with the shieldbearers, her crew is discard heavy so you can't 100% rely on that.

You are pitching cards for: lampad demise, drauger heal, Reva corpse candle, shieldbearer placement And I'm sure I'm missing one more. She has zero card draw so I've resorted to replacing Vincent with Anna to get 2-3 cards a turn.

What am I missing that makes her good or survivable?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mainly bailing out whenever a threat is too close. Hit something with a :mask to push it away, then leave. 
Feed on Grief on a :ram on your own corpse candles to heal 4.

She is not that hard to take down, but I'm ok with it. More than playing at the edge of your range there's not much else to do.
I also never keep the shieldbearers close to her, as I find them too useful up the field, where Reva doesn't want to ever be.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pergli said:

but then mcmourning ran into her and one shot the shieldbearers (ignoring armor and htk is crazy).

Not sure that's a fair trial though. McM is a beast of a killer, especially against something like shield bearers. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Saduhem said:

Mainly bailing out whenever a threat is too close. Hit something with a :mask to push it away, then leave. 
Feed on Grief on a :ram on your own corpse candles to heal 4.

She is not that hard to take down, but I'm ok with it. More than playing at the edge of your range there's not much else to do.
I also never keep the shieldbearers close to her, as I find them too useful up the field, where Reva doesn't want to ever be.

What do you mostly use the Shieldbearers to do?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Figgyfigs said:

What do you mostly use the Shieldbearers to do?

Turn 1 I'm giving focused +1 to as much as I can, then charge the corpse candle (love doing this) or my other models with shielded +1 to give them an extra 6 inches. Activation order is key in Revenant crews. After that, they're acting as attack vectors for Reva through their Shielded at the edge of her range, healing up through their own attacks, the final veil, and embrace the flame. Their Df is terrible, but your opponent has to commit to kill them or they can come back from Hard to Kill really fast. 

  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Saduhem said:

Turn 1 I'm giving focused +1 to as much as I can, then charge the corpse candle (love doing this) or my other models with shielded +1 to give them an extra 6 inches. Activation order is key in Revenant crews. After that, they're acting as attack vectors for Reva through their Shielded at the edge of her range, healing up through their own attacks, the final veil, and embrace the flame. Their Df is terrible, but your opponent has to commit to kill them or they can come back from Hard to Kill really fast. 

Where do you get the Corpse Markers on Turn 1 for Blasphemous Ritual? Zombies / Restless Spirit / Graverobbers?

For the Charge + Push, you're using Shield Slam and flipping/cheating a Mask?

Do you have any other tips on activation order?

How do they heal through their own attacks?

Sorry for all the questions, but....I've got a lot of questions :D 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Restless Spirit usually activates first, uses Grave Robber, placing the marker so everyone I want focused on is within 3 of it. Mourners can bring their own through Recent Funeral. If you plan to charge your own models to get extra movement, the Restless Spirit can end within 1 of such model.

Now it gets tricky based on what you want to do. For example, I often want my Lampads to be far up but close to a pyre marker, especially if I'm planning to light the center of the map on fire for Claim Jump or Harness the Ley Line. In that case:

  1. Restless spirit drops corpse marker
  2. Corpse candle walks twice
  3. Shieldbearer uses Blasphemous ritual, walks, then charges the corpse candle on a mask (even a 1 of masks is alright). You're never going to accidentally kill the candle because it's 1 damage no matter what. If you don't have/flip a low mask, 2 is all you're going to get. When charging with the Shieldbearer, end movement to the side of the corpse candle so you get extra distance (candles only Mv 4). Push corpse candle in desired direction. So far the candle has moved up to 14 inches. If you're doing the following step with the Lampad, the mask trigger is pretty irrelevant anyway.
  4. At this point if:
    1. You had the mask: Lampad uses Hovering Flame, then walks, then charges the Corpse candle. Ends activation adjacent to 2 Pyre Markers
    2. You did not use the mask: Lampad uses hovering flame, charges candle, then takes a walk action and carries both pyre markers with him due to Dancing In The Flames. It also moved through the pyres, getting the burning condition which leads to a potential next step:
  5. Draugr Can potentially walk twice, then place in base contact with the Lampad up to 18 inches away by using Draw Off Flame, landing in pyre marker if desired. Depending on the board, this could mean a huge advantage or an early dead draugr.

    Now, that's not a rigid sequence, but a good example of how much movement the crew can get.

As for your other questions:

Yes, the push is from Shield Slam. This is a good dump for low mask cards if you want the extra 4 inches.
Shieldbearers heal 1 on runic blade automatically. That's 2 if you decide to kill your own corpse candles.

Questions are good!


 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the thorough breakdown! I want to stay in-keyword for the most part when starting out -- maybe making exceptions for Asura, CE and Gravediggers -- so this is great.

I'm thinking about a modified version of your plan as well, where you walk a CC, kill it with a Lampad, advance the Lampad (now with Burning) not farther than 13" from your Draugr. Then, the Draugr can walk, warp to the Lampad, gain Burning, and charge somebody right on Turn 1.

Then I guess with Reva herself, you hang back around 6-8" from your models, and mostly attack through them while dousing Burning as needed?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Figgyfigs said:

Thanks for the thorough breakdown! I want to stay in-keyword for the most part when starting out -- maybe making exceptions for Asura, CE and Graverobbers -- so this is great.

I'm thinking about a modified version of your plan as well, where you walk a CC, kill it with a Lampad, advance the Lampad (now with Burning) not farther than 13" from your Draugr. Then, the Draugr can walk, warp to the Lampad, gain Burning, and charge somebody right on Turn 1.

Then I guess with Reva herself, you hang back around 6-8" from your models, and mostly attack through them while dousing Burning as needed?

No problem! And yeah, like you just said, you can vary the distances and activations to get different results. It's a fluid crew!
And yup, Reva's always hanging back. 

Since your Lampads can move Pyre Markers in pairs, saving a 4 :ToS-Mask: for The Unquiet Dead can be huge as models are likely to be within 2 of both Pyre Markers. Reva has no card draw, and this action has often emptied my opponent's hand.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reva can also shoot through her attack vectors on an attack generated from a charge meaning under peak conditions her threat range is a little over 17” + a Shielded model’s base size. This should allow you to pressure enemy models more easily without leaving her open to too many threats. It also allows more chances to abuse her healing and trigger Spirits in the Flames.

Also, Anna Lovelace is amazing for Revenants, albeit expensive.

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎7‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 11:14 PM, Figgyfigs said:

Where do you get the Corpse Markers on Turn 1 for Blasphemous Ritual? Zombies / Restless Spirit / Graverobbe

You could target a corpse candle. It kills it, which heals your models, and it drops 2 pyre markers which Reva can use to summon a new one in her turn. This is a good way to gains a little activation control on turn 1as you can activate 1 more model than you hired. The pyre marker can give several of the crew burning and shielded.

 

I've only faced Reva rather than play her, but killing her has always been an up hill battle with the amount of healing she has on her card along with her ability to influence the board whilst not being anywhere near that spot.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Adran said:

You could target a corpse candle. It kills it, which heals your models, and it drops 2 pyre markers which Reva can use to summon a new one in her turn. This is a good way to gains a little activation control on turn 1as you can activate 1 more model than you hired. The pyre marker can give several of the crew burning and shielded.

If Reva uses Feed on Grief to kill the Corpse Candle (easy done baring Black Joker Damage), you heal 2 from Feed on Grief, plus the 1 The Final Veil as well as all the above.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Adran said:

You could target a corpse candle. It kills it, which heals your models, and it drops 2 pyre markers which Reva can use to summon a new one in her turn. This is a good way to gains a little activation control on turn 1as you can activate 1 more model than you hired. The pyre marker can give several of the crew burning and shielded.

 

I've only faced Reva rather than play her, but killing her has always been an up hill battle with the amount of healing she has on her card along with her ability to influence the board whilst not being anywhere near that spot.

Unfortunately, that step isn't really activation control since you give your opponent a pass token.

Best bet would be the restless spirit, mourner or a grave digger (in that order).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Pergli said:

Unfortunately, that step isn't really activation control since you give your opponent a pass token.

Best bet would be the restless spirit, mourner or a grave digger (in that order).

How do you like the Mourners with Reva? I always forget that they're in her keyword.

I was planning on skipping that box, but now it looks like a better buy. My wife plays Misaki and Asami, so the 10T half is perfect for her, and Reva can take the Wanyudo and the Mourners. Manos also seems pretty good, even OOK.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Pergli said:

Unfortunately, that step isn't really activation control since you give your opponent a pass token.

Oops forgot that the pass token for summoning was the default. You're right, it doesn't give activation control. It does get you a bonus pyre marker out on the first turn at the cost of a card.

Using feed on grief on the candle for healing is good (heal 4 with any ram), but has the downside that you're killing the model just after the chance to replace it. and possibly before it activated, if you have to kill the one you just summoned.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Adran said:

Oops forgot that the pass token for summoning was the default. You're right, it doesn't give activation control. It does get you a bonus pyre marker out on the first turn at the cost of a card.

Using feed on grief on the candle for healing is good (heal 4 with any ram), but has the downside that you're killing the model just after the chance to replace it. and possibly before it activated, if you have to kill the one you just summoned.

  

Even so, 1AP for healing 4 is not a bad trade.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Figgyfigs said:

How do you like the Mourners with Reva? I always forget that they're in her keyword.

I was planning on skipping that box, but now it looks like a better buy. My wife plays Misaki and Asami, so the 10T half is perfect for her, and Reva can take the Wanyudo and the Mourners. Manos also seems pretty good, even OOK.

My wife and I did the exact same thing (I play Reva and she plays Misaki) and splitting the box has been kind of a pain. Remember that the Wanyudo can be summoned by Minako so if your wife is interested in that you two will be sharing him. You can always buy a metal Wanyudo from Bushido(?) if that is a problem.  

The Mourners are great pieces for Reva, especially with Killer Instinct. The upgrade is good consideration for maximizing their defensive tech and also scoring some sneaky points with Mourn the Dead. They have become priority targets of my opponents. Generally when I take one I take a Mourner with KI, Restless Spirit, and Anna Lovelace for a scheming package. Though real life has been providing me with more rewarding things than Rezzing lately so take all this with a grain of soulstone.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, TheJoyInGaming said:

My wife and I did the exact same thing (I play Reva and she plays Misaki) and splitting the box has been kind of a pain. Remember that the Wanyudo can be summoned by Minako so if your wife is interested in that you two will be sharing him. You can always buy a metal Wanyudo from Bushido(?) if that is a problem.  

The Mourners are great pieces for Reva, especially with Killer Instinct. The upgrade is good consideration for maximizing their defensive tech and also scoring some sneaky points with Mourn the Dead. They have become priority targets of my opponents. Generally when I take one I take a Mourner with KI, Restless Spirit, and Anna Lovelace for a scheming package. Though real life has been providing me with more rewarding things than Rezzing lately so take all this with a grain of soulstone.

If we play each other, I think there's plenty of models in Reva's keyword so that I don't need the Wanyudo every time. On the other hand, that's $60 that I could also just not spend. I'd like to see if and how they split up that pack. If I can get away with buying the 10T half, I'd do it and write off the Mourners.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Figgyfigs said:

 I'd like to see if and how they split up that pack. If I can get away with buying the 10T half, I'd do it and write off the Mourners.

Last I knew Wyrd had said that they do not intend to make the Undying models available individually through their program to buy new models without rebuying old ones. If they do offer the Undying model’s separately by faction in the future that would be great as I would buy the Rezzer side again in a heart beat.

 

You don’t happen to live near Missouri do you? Then we could split it! Lol

Edited by TheJoyInGaming

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TheJoyInGaming said:

Last I knew Wyrd had said that they do not intend to make the Undying models available individually through their program to buy new models without rebuying old ones. If they do offer the Undying model’s separately by faction in the future that would be great as I would buy the Rezzer side again in a heart beat.

Right, I meant that maybe they'd split it up into some theme boxes -- sort of how the Fire Golem found its way into the new Kaeris support box.

I don't want the Resser half badly enough to buy the whole thing, but the 10T half is custom-made for the two masters my wife has.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems like that box makes sense on it's own as 60% is used by either faction. And some who collect both get 100% benefit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information