Samurai vs. Fuhatsu

mattbird

If you're specifically hiring for ranged threat then yes, Fuhatsu is usually better. 

Samurai can be more valuable against heavily armored targets, and being able to concentrate as a bonus makes getting in clutch severe damage more economical. Fuhatsu can suffer against crews that target WP with his mighty stat of 3.

• Agree 1

Samurai has better armor, better melee attack, and a little faster.

Fuhatsu is more durable, better ranged attack, and can use Soul Stones.

Facing heavy armor, Samurai; facing more horde style, Fuhatsu!

Samurai is a better solo piece, it can move 6" and still fire 1 focused shot a turn. In addition it has better armour, better use of upgrades, and its sword ignores armour.

Fuhatsu is a much better ranged piece with stat 6 and rapid fire, but he wants more support and resources. I'd generally always stick a Tanuki near him to give him 2 Focus a turn. Then just walk once (if needed) and let rip with two focused shots a turn. He's a little more costly too in that he requires a card for Rapid Fire. His defenses are more rounded with HtW, Armour, Soulstones and Juggernaut not having any competition for bonus actions. Scatter can also be game winning, but is very, very niche.

As always it depends what you need for strat and schemes. I've ran either and been very happy with the one I've chosen, or even run 1 of each and not regretted it.

• Like 2