Sign in to follow this  
Kharnage

Exploding So Hard You Live: Drache Troopers and Servant of Dark Powers

Question

I'm not sure what the order on all of this is, but I know when Nekima dies, if she black bloods on something and kills it, it'll heal her out of being dead. 
With Drache Troopers, let's say I stacked on some mines, and he explodes on death, dealing 4 damage and 2 burning to models near him, killing a nearby model, and he has the Servant of Dark Powers upgrade. Servant of Dark Powers says when he kills things, he heals 2. Is he now alive? 

3 hours ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

Putting my interpretation aside for a moment, how do you reconcile this with the part of Timing right before damage:

That's not even part of the sequential events section, it's just general ability timing. I'd see this as black blood 'happening' after all the damage applied to Nekima has been completed. Or are you suggesting that the wording of damage implies it is an exception to this general order?

I see section 5 and 6 of damage merely providing some guidance on what order all the effects will happen in after damage is complete. It's a way to take a bunch of things that trigger from the same damage (black blood, demise, corpse marker) and sort them into sequential rather than simultaneous APNAP order.

There's no need to reconcile it. Damage timing encompeses everything that happens as a result of one model dealing damage to a model. The after effects still happen after whatever it is that triggers them.

Fair enough.

I'm not really fully satisfied with your explanation, but I'm definitely not fully satisfied with mine either. I'd be happy for an opponent to play it either way, and hope we get some official clarification eventually.

Just feels wrong a model can die, explode, and heal from exploding.

• Agree 1