Starting Master and Crew?

Souleater

Hello. Looking  to start Malifaux with Ressers and Ten Thunders. 

I was wondering if there is a particular crew box that would suit a new player? Or is it a case of just buy whatever looks cool to me?

Due to my interest in the above two factions, I was thinking about Kirari, but a friend mentioned Seamus as generally a good jumping off point.

Cheers.

The obvious answer would be Yan Lo, since he is a Master for both factions.

The rule of cool is pretty important, so buying things you like the look of really help. There is also a brief summary of how the masters play in M3 that has just gone up on the webpage that will give you an idea about their playstyle if you know what you do or don't like.

• Thanks 1

While Seamus might be a good starting point, his crew box and assorted theme is not a very powerful set of models.
Are you looking for budget, or just pure playing experience?
Best bang for your buck is probably Mcmourning's box, which is one of the most powerful ones in the faction.  All of the models are great in a Mcmourning crew, and nurses are such a good unit that it will be good in a ton of other lists. Also a rather simple box with one gimmic (poison), which isn't harmful to yourself.. 

If you like the asian aesthetic, I would probably go for Yan Lo, since he is a dual master. For a new player you can quickly get a feel for the different factions by ways of different general upgrades as well as versatile models. Yan Lo is also rather forgiving to play, with a good ranged attack, movement tricks, resummoning of your ancestors.. And 

Mind you, Kirai is defintely doable, and if you like spirits more than undead-samurai, then go for it! 😄 

• Thanks 1