Time to Learn Jack Daw, Zipp, & Viks

Davos

So, will Gencon on the approaching horizon, I'm eyeing up new masters to learn to add to my arsenal of Von Schill and Levi.  Which do you recommend?  And what are your lists you like with them?  I want  be able to bring at least 3, ideally 4 masters for the Tyrant Tournament 

Mercenary and Bandit crews all operate pretty independently which is different.

Tormented and Oblivion do not play like anything else in the faction.

I can't get Plague to work yet, so maybe challenge yourself with that.

.... but above all, just play Zipp!

Zipp is great with the first mate be particularly good. I would bring the first mate into more Outcast crews if I could. 

Jack Daw and crew seem to have have a lot of depth. I think it could be very good, but I haven't picked up Daw. 

Viks seem unnecessary since you have killing down with the masters you already play. I suppose they do have quite a bit of mobility though. 

I think Tara is a good master to learn (even though she is not on your list). It's hard to keep her from completing schemes. In plant explosives games I've managed to drop all of my bombs while denying the opponent any strat points (don't mind me from the emissary and activation control). She takes a bit to learn but has a ton of tricks and is amazing into certain scheme pools. 

This is my favorite:

Soul Stone Cache: 2
[Masters]
 - Captain Zipp, Leader
 - Leopold Von Schill
[Enforcers]
 - Earl Burns
 - Malifaux Child
 - Merris LaCroix
 - Steam Trunk
[Minions]
 - Iron Skeeter
 - Iron Skeeter
 - Flying Piglet
 - Flying Piglet

Flying Piglets are not Beasts, so circumvent the Equipment upgrade limitation.

Malifaux Child puts down 3 Piano Markers, Zipp Puts down 3 Piano Markers, Earl puts down 2 Piano Markers... repeat adnaseum.  Everything is flying, or leaping, or being carried, so the added terrain is a non-issue. 

The Steam Trunk is extra.... it's only really usable first turn for another Equipment upgrade, so it can stay or go as you please.

Minions are going to get Grenades, run up and Shockwave everyone and everything, Merris is going to super shockwave what's left.  Then just pen them in with pianos, which block line of sight to your own crew, and lob shockwaves over the pianos and take care of all scheme running while they're trying to dig their way out of a pile of baby grands.

• Haha 1