Family List Building

Beta

Ok...M3E is released and therefore...let's talk about Family list builidng.

Why? Because Perdita was my first Master in M2E and will be my first master in M3E (mostly because of low model count and general point and shoot playstyle spinkled with some extras).
So whats the problem? I always end up with the same Crew (which is basically just the Core Box) and just a few stones for variables.

Perdita
Enslaved Nephilim
Fancisco (9)
Santiago (8)
Papa Loco (7)
Nino (7)
Abuela (5)
-------- 36 SS

So this leaves me 14 SS. I'd probably take the Guild Stewart for Condition Removal and Healing (plus handing out Focus). This would leave me with 8 SS which I don't really want to spend.
The only Family member I can see myself taking out of the list would be Papa.
I don't see any incentive in taking Monster Hunters or Pistoleros.
I can't seem to fit any Versatile model in without loosing other stuff (Pale Rider, etc.)
I can't see myself finding the SS to play a second Master (Nellie for example).

Any ideas on this? Maybe I'm the only one and I'm just not able to see the bigger picture.

• Like 1

Francisco seems like the first thing I'd get rid of.

I'd swap him for Judge/Reid/Dade everytime.

Steward is very good and I'd bring him

I'd also get 1-2 upgrades. Probably LLC for Dita and Judge.

That leaves you with around 4 SS in the pool

The family is probably the only team in which I would not fit a Steward, as they have an easy access to focus with bravado and Family value.

Papa can be a very strong counter pick, but his 0" melee range is really a problem for a beater. He can not be a first line beater, and if he is a second line, you will deal damage to your own models. He has potential, but I am not yet able to use him in an efficient manner.

Francisco is dependant on the team you will face. If you are likely to face an armor heavy team, he will not be efficient.

I would probably remove these 2, get a strong beater or counter pick model, and 2 monster hunters for hunting scheme runners and scheme running.

This could be :

Perdita
Enslaved Nephilim
Santiago (8)
Nino (7)
Abuela (5)
Monster hunter (6)
Monster hunter (6)
Peacekeeper (10) or judge+LLC (13) or a second boss with one less monster hunter
remaining on soulstones and eventually LLC on Perdita or Santiago

4 hours ago, trikk said:

Francisco seems like the first thing I'd get rid of.

I'd swap him for Judge/Reid/Dade everytime.

Steward is very good and I'd bring him

I'd also get 1-2 upgrades. Probably LLC for Dita and Judge.

That leaves you with around 4 SS in the pool

You really think one more question is that good?  I can't imagine taking Reid or Dade out of faction.

I remember trying monster hunters with the run and gun upgrade early in the beta, but I don't remember if I liked it.  Bravado to focused shoot with run and gun, then pull back with creep along feels really good in my head.  But I hate the idea of a 8ss 6 wound model with no real defensive ability.  

As a side note, is heed no fear the worst ability in the game?  I can't think of a worse one that isn't meant to be a penalty