M3e nekima grow style help required

saxcloud

Not yet played her ( i Will, with dreamy and Pandora) so wondering, the new grow system and disponibility of the models ( twin twin :) ) let me wonder how Easy Is to  grow models. 

First i am sad i can't see any way to create terror tot and only be' able to hire Just 3. 

Then i have a Wide selection of tot growings ( lelu lilitu Young and even shaman i understood?) But then, i May  only have 2 mature on the field. Is this right? Or i have missed something?

Is grow list viable or growing Is an added bonus and not a main tactic with nekima?

Heyriddin can summon them, but I don't think you are likely to create too many new tots during the game.

You are right that you can't have more than 2 Mature nephlim on the table at once, I guess that the approach would be to use them as sacrificial missiles, and when they die, replace them with your mid range models.

Honestly, it is probably up to you if growth is your main aim. I've seen growth lists work in the last 2 editions, but I've also seen them fail as there was too much focus on growing to score points. So At best it is going to be a finesse tactic to win. Even if others haven't made it work yet, that doesn't mean it can't work.

If you are willing to spend the 1st turn with 2 models not moving much you could grab 2 Black Blood Shamans, hope for 2 or more masks in hand and let them hack away at each other T1 to make some corpse markers. Together with the Blood Hunter you should get enough to grow at least one of them at the start of T2 and also have provided a lot of Focus to the rest of your crew. Might not be worth it given that mobility and early aggression is what seems to win matches for this crew but at least it's an option.

To be honest with you, growing mid-range Nephilim into Matures is going to be much more common/likely than growing Tots. The most likely growth scenario, as @Barmution mentioned, is growing Shamans into Matures. It's the greatest increase in stone value (6 stones to 10!) and they buff your whole crew when they eat corpse markers, instead of just healing themselves like most Nephilim. They also can generate their own corpse markers. 
I run Hayreddin in every game of Nephilim I play, and I usually throw up the "Summon Tots on black blood death" aura every turn (usually on a good turn, Hayreddin's still hurting himself with Necrotic Decay, so taking his other fast action to lose more HP with Blood for Blood is ballsy) and I think I've summoned like, 6 tots over the course of his 12ish game career. It's nice when you can set it up, but I wouldn't gun for it unless it's convenient. The big thing Hayreddin can contribute to Growth is Blood Sacrifice trigger on his shotgun; if you have no masks in hand to get it on Shamans, you can at least stone for it and shoot probably Nekima to get another corpse marker, dealing only 1 actual damage in the process. That way between the Blood Hunter (totem for Nekima, was in the beta, but not fully released yet) and Hayreddin you've got a pretty decent shot at 2 corpses turn 1 for each Shaman (I almost always run 2) to pulse out Focused with. Not only is Nekima with 2 free Focus downright scary, but it means they only need one more corpse to go full Mature. Sometimes they actually serve greater purpose by being shamans though, between Pustule, Blood Clot, and being able to hand out even more Focused, so I don't always grow them.
If you wanted to, you could use Nekima's throw corpse Fast Food trigger to grow people faster early, but honestly costing her movement to feed people is a big ask into most crews. She needs to be beating face as quickly as possible. 

• Like 1

I think focusing on the growth mechanic is a bit of a trap. IMO it's one if those abilities you want to keep in mind while playing for VP, and when an oppurtunity arises, you take it.

BBS is quite good for this, as you want that focus anyway, and it doesn't really require much of additional setup.

• Agree 2

4 hours ago, saxcloud said:

And i am right Reading that a tot can grow in hayreddin? The most interesting thing Will Be playng vs resser eating their corpse marker :)

but wait, the nekima totem Is.... A pig?

No, tots can only grow into nephilim minions.

Yes. He is.

• 2 weeks later...

The best way to grow is smashing enemies and eat their corpses.  I haven't tried the shaman growth yet,  but I have growth young nephilim into matures easily.  One in turn 2 just with the blood hunter,  and once I also got another one after eating lelu's corpse and blood hunters corpse around turn 4. I have not tried tots yet because I don't see them useful (apart from growing,  I think hounds are better,  and if I want something more durable I prefer the young) 

53 minutes ago, Azkral said:

The best way to grow is smashing enemies and eat their corpses.  I haven't tried the shaman growth yet,  but I have growth young nephilim into matures easily.  One in turn 2 just with the blood hunter,  and once I also got another one after eating lelu's corpse and blood hunters corpse around turn 4. I have not tried tots yet because I don't see them useful (apart from growing,  I think hounds are better,  and if I want something more durable I prefer the young) 

Shamans can give focus to your whole crew turn one and build up grow tokens from themselves while doing it to turn into a surprise mature if needed, and unless you waste an AP with hayreddin shooting your crew they're your only way to be able to grow something on turn 1.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/8/2019 at 2:32 AM, Barmution said:

If you are willing to spend the 1st turn with 2 models not moving much you could grab 2 Black Blood Shamans, hope for 2 or more masks in hand and let them hack away at each other T1 to make some corpse markers. Together with the Blood Hunter you should get enough to grow at least one of them at the start of T2 and also have provided a lot of Focus to the rest of your crew. Might not be worth it given that mobility and early aggression is what seems to win matches for this crew but at least it's an option.

You could grow a model on turn 1 if you have Nekima Hurl Corpse at your own unit, cause she can have a nearby model eat it as a trigger.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, dzlier said:

You could grow a model on turn 1 if you have Nekima Hurl Corpse at your own unit, cause she can have a nearby model eat it as a trigger.

Oooh, that's pretty sweet. Another way to do it t1 is to add Vasilisa and use her Pulling the Strings to make the BBS take another bonus action. That way you get even more focus onto your other models as well. The only thing I'm concerned about is giving up a lot of initiative and movement turn 1 to make this happen but you can get some absolute bargains SS wise.

4 hours ago, Clement said:

Following up on something from upthread, I just noticed that Nekima's page on the Malifaux sight puts Matures at Minion (3) and Young at Minion (3).   Either it's a typo (pretty likely) or maybe we get to field 3 Mature Neph soon?

Typo. Their cards say mature(2) and young(4).

1 hour ago, Hawkoon said:

Typo. Their cards say mature(2) and young(4).

yeah, but I keep hoping.  That would mean that Nekima's box is likely her, Blood Hunter, Hayreddin, and terror tots.

I just hope that you actually get BOTH arts for Mature nephilim translated into sculpts.

3 hours ago, Clement said:

yeah, but I keep hoping.  That would mean that Nekima's box is likely her, Blood Hunter, Hayreddin, and terror tots.

I just hope that you actually get BOTH arts for Mature nephilim translated into sculpts.

We've seen new artwork for the entire standard nephilim line, so they're definitely getting a new box.

17 hours ago, Clement said:

That would mean that Nekima's box is likely her, Blood Hunter, Hayreddin, and terror tots.

This would be my guess as well. And I think/hope we will see a box with new sculpts for 2 young and a mature. This fits nicely with the new artwork we've seen so far.

As for hounds, shaman, Lelu and Lilitu, I hope there will be new sculpts as well, but I haven't seen any artwork so I'm not counting on it. I really dislike having multiples of a sculpt so I'm hoping at least Lelu and Lilitu gets new sculpts to complement the 2E versions I already have.

On ‎8‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 7:33 AM, Dzsovi said:

I know its off, But could you Tell me where can i download the blood hunters stat card?

At the moment you can't. Once it is released (either in a box or in the neverborn faction book) it should be available on the wyrd site and Wargames vault (Although you may need to allow a couple of weeks or so for them to update things).

Alternatively there are still people out there with the last beta file for it, which is probably its final stats (but we don't know for certain yet)