Disengage

Verdeloth

Question

4 answers to this question

Hard to wound doesn't work since disengage doesn't cause a damage flip. Terrifying, Serene Countenance etc. still apply. It's an Attack Action. Follow the usual rules for attacking, except you can't declare triggers and instead of usual result, you do the 2/4/6 push reduction.

See page 22 of the rules pdf under "Disengage":

Disengage
Can only be declared while engaged. One enemy model engaging this model (opponent’s choice) may take a :melee Action targeting this model; neither model can declare Triggers during this Action. After resolving the Attack (if any), this model pushes up to its Mv in inches. If the attack is successful, instead of its normal effects, reduce this model’s Push distance by 2/4/6 inches (using the Accuracy Fate Modifier of the Action). This flip receives a + for every other enemy model engaging this model

Hard to Wound: Damage flips against this model suffer a :-flip.

6 hours ago, Nikodemus said:

Hard to wound doesn't work since disengage doesn't cause a damage flip. Terrifying, Serene Countenance etc. still apply. It's an Attack Action. Follow the usual rules for attacking, except you can't declare triggers and instead of usual result, you do the 2/4/6 push reduction.

See page 22 of the rules pdf under "Disengage":

I get the logic, but I feel like this exposes a hole in the rules.  Specifically, what happens if you flip a Joker?  We know what you do when a joker is flipped in a "damage flip" but since the disengage apparently isn't a damage flip, we suddenly don't know how to deal with flipping the Red Joker.

32 minutes ago, Clement said:

I get the logic, but I feel like this exposes a hole in the rules.  Specifically, what happens if you flip a Joker?  We know what you do when a joker is flipped in a "damage flip" but since the disengage apparently isn't a damage flip, we suddenly don't know how to deal with flipping the Red Joker.

pg9
"If the Red Joker is flipped in an opposed duel, the opposing model may not Cheat Fate. If it comes up in a variable flip that involves numbers (such as damage or healing flips), the Red Joker does Severe +1."

So, reduce distance by 7".

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, Morgan Vening said:

pg9
"If the Red Joker is flipped in an opposed duel, the opposing model may not Cheat Fate. If it comes up in a variable flip that involves numbers (such as damage or healing flips), the Red Joker does Severe +1."

So, reduce distance by 7".

Oh good.  The only other place it talks about doing that is under "damage flips".  We're fine then, I think.