Which generic Bayou Upgrades are you using?

Math Mathonwy

In Bayou Zoraida, I've put tactical trench coats on my Bayou Gators.  It gives disguised on a model with stealth. A 6" gun with stat 6 for a bonus action, and if the Gator dies, out pops a gremlin.  The only challenge is that it makes them Size 3, so you need to remember that because they can start blocking more line of sight, but on the other hand are more resistant to attacks vs size.

I used it in a local tourney to good success but it started as a joke.  I thought the idea of a gator in a trench coat was like the bayou "Scruff McGruff".  Or since it has a demise trigger, it never was a live gator, but just some gremlins pretending with some stolen taxidermy.

I've also used Inferiority complex on a silurid, but to be honest, the free suit (for onslaught trigger) never came up for me and I completely forgot about the free focus from Swagger so it was a waste of stones that time.  I think it has its uses for sure.

Twelve cups seems situational, best on something that would get stuck in to use that aura.  However, 1" movement from twitchy seems REALLY good for a sneaky scheme runner.  No LOS needed or anything and ANY OTHER model ending an activation gives it a nudge.  That means in 8v8 model games it will get a free 15" of movement per turn! Seems crazy to me, but again. I haven't tried it.

• Haha 1

War Pig with Complex. At 9ss War Pig can bully a large number of model, including some low cost henchmen. With Shove Aside and Reckless it can almost attack 4 times in an activation. Be ware that all non-summon upgrade would be discarded when replacing, so you have to hire a War Pig to attach the Complex upgrade.

My another favorite pair, stealing from the Facebook group, is Zipp plus Coffee. Just run Zipp into middle of opponent's crew and those :aurax3 will make them suffer. If you are placing him close enough to include enemy model into the concealment, then they are even troubled to target friendly with supporting action.

• Like 2

TGIAGS on an Iron Skeeter, can now Fly With Me the Lucky Emissary, moving it past my own Piano Markers for more maneuverability.

12 Cups of Coffee work wonders on my Moon Shinobi

I have yet to find a good Minion use for Inferiority complex, but putting it on Whiskey Golem is funny with the bonus action move.

41 minutes ago, wizuriel said:

TGIAGS on moon shinobi can be fun. Disguised with stealth makes them a pain to deal with. With drunken Kung Fu if they shoot the gun into friendly fire free :+flip to hit

<gasp>  I didn't even think of that! 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Twelve cups of coffee is just awesome in many lists. Just put it to that minion that needs to go places and it's a lot of movement every turn. I use it a lot in Swine Cursed with Wong, and thinking about using it even more in some Ulix support models.

TTC mostly in Alphonse or Lenny to toss the Emissary or the Pigapult.

Inferiority Complex I've only used it in the Taxidermists, since they're minions that already cost 8, It's most of the time a free suit with in addition to Glowy tokens can easily help them to get to 4/5/6 damage or to help to get the severe damage for the placing in "Throw the knife".

12 Cups on a skeeter is absurd. Those suckers just fly around and play schemes like a champ. 

Tactical Trench Coat has been super useful for me on Gracie, who is slow and prone to being engaged awkwardly or charged. It really helps her stay alive and be even more annoying to remove. Also HT4 lets me carry Mancha around!

i also use it on a skeeter for similar reasons. Side arm is a cute addition to make the skeeter more fighty.

i haven’t used inferiority complex as much. Mostly on a a swine cursed. Swagger is solid and Bully can be useful although super situational 

• 1 month later...

TGIAGS on a Spit Hog can be great for the extra size - but mostly the bonus gun action every turn which can proc their "any friendly model in LoS can take an immediate interact action" Som'ers Pig Eating Grin can also make use of it unless I am mistaken as it is a gun action and technically you can do 1 bonus action per activation - so you may get a lot of shots off. It is only a 6" Range though. 

Lastly the gun action is a Stat 6 which will go to Stat 8 with Bayou Bash (assuming you have two friendly Big Hat models within 3")

When attempting this combo remember that If you are shooting the gun you aren't using creep along - so Banjonistas or other movement tricks are essential. 

• Respectfully Disagree 1

Inferiority Complex + Wiskey Golem is incredible. Nimble combines relay well with stagger. 

Twelve Cups of Coffee + Gremlin Crier or Twelve Cups of Coffee on Hog Whisperer. Both are key support models who need there AP and have to keep up with fast crews. (I normally hire one crier with Coffee and send them down a flank with both skeeters, that little unit can normally handle a scheme by itself.) 

Rooster Riders + Inferiority Complex are solid to. 

• Thanks 1

IC I usually bring in when I need it for the Ruthless most days. Saves a lot of cards in my hand on a big beater or master like Somer or Mah.

Coffee goes on any minion who's got better things to do than walk. All Stars are: Warpigs, Criers, Bokor, Roosters. And of course my Brewie tech, where giving him Diversion plus his built in Slow just shuts down almost any model that isn't a master.

Ghillie Suit is more specific, but on anyone with Toss or Ride with Me is fantastic.