Blackmail and the Elusive Bonus Action

Jesy Blue

So Youko's Blackmail trigger, "We Own You", is an Obey without the restriction of non-Bonus action.  So far, I've done the honorable thing and had a Ronin commit Seppuku to draw 2 cards..

What other dastardly Bonus Actions on models I don't play should I be on the look out for to exploit?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

• 3 weeks later...

Ana Lovelace has remote detonator which you should definitely use if you get the chance. It targets an undead friendly to her within 18", ignoring line of sight, and lets you push them 3". Then all models, friendly and enemy, within a pulse 2 must pass a TN 13 Mv duel or take 3 damage and injured +1. Then kill the target.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

..... I think you just melted my face off.... good god. 

How many Resser masters are undead and probably less than half the table away from Anna? 

Qi & Gong is gonna be the most hated crew in the game!

• Haha 1

Oh yeah, they are mostly alive.... I only played against them 4 times ever, they're still mostly unknown to me.

Still.... offing a student, or Dead Rider, with one action from half a table away.  majestic!

• 3 months later...

I learned a new one today. 

Hannah Lovelace's Adaptive Tactics is a bonus action that can copy a bonus action even though Hannah has already done a bonus action this turn.  She has the ability Siphon Power which let's her add a suit to an action for 1 point of damage from a friendly model including herself. 

You use Adaptive Tactics, add a suit, to do AdaptiveTactics, add a suit, to do Adaptive Tactics, add a suit.... all the way to 1 wound because you can't kill yourself.

• Haha 3

you could hit one of the riders and use their 'revel in …..' action and eat up all their Fate tokens, along with any of the actual part of the ability itself, mech rider for example you could shuffle all of their naff cards back into  their deck to dilute it ….

or Yasunori take 8 damage both players draw cards

Seems I cannot escape talking about Hamelin...

Benny has two Bonus actions of use since Swarm Them only cares about the presence of Vermin, and not if they are friendly or enemy; and Woozy Rat can blow up Vermin whilst Droping a Scheme Marker of your choice.

Rat Kings also have two in that they have Consume and can eat Scheme Markers.

The Obedient Wretch and Stolen have Inevitable Fate so you can just make them explode.

The more I think on it the more it seems Youko vs Hamelin would be an interesting match up...

On 11/3/2019 at 9:21 AM, Jesy Blue said:

You use Adaptive Tactics, add a suit, to do AdaptiveTactics, add a suit, to do Adaptive Tactics, add a suit.... all the way to 1 wound because you can't kill yourself.

That's not the scary part for the Outcast player.  

The same "Reduced to 1 by card churn" result can be applied to every friendly model within :aura4.  The friendly model is making the choice, so it can't be killed off, but you can (if you have the cards or the luck) reduce a few models to 1 wound.

Is that Hanna standing next to the crew's leader?  🤗

Edit:  Dreams crushed by cruel wording.  :(  

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/11/2019 at 5:12 PM, StefMcGlen said:

mech rider for example you could shuffle all of their naff cards back into  their deck to dilute it ….

I guess it doesn't work as you think. You can shuffle your cards back, not the opponent's ones, since you are controlling the action...

Just learned about another one:  Big Brain Brim & Vasilisa have the bonus action Pulling The Strings, which obeys a friendly Minion, including the Minion's bonus action, and if you don't remove a scheme marker when you use it the Minion dies at the end if the turn. 

Blackmail has a range of 6" and Pulling The Strings has a range of 6", so you get a good 12+" reach to cause havoc.

51 minutes ago, Jesy Blue said:

Just learned about another one:  Big Brain Brim & Vasilisa have the bonus action Pulling The Strings, which obeys a friendly Minion, including the Minion's bonus action, and if you don't remove a scheme marker when you use it the Minion dies at the end if the turn. 

Blackmail has a range of 6" and Pulling The Strings has a range of 6", so you get a good 12+" reach to cause havoc.

It doesn't obey the minion, they get to choose what action they take. 

• 11 months later...

So scoped out a handful of good Bonus Actions to exploit in the new faction.  Some are good... most are meh:

• Austera and Twigge: 8” scheme marker drop.

• Calypso: Bury a key model on the last turn: if game ends while they're buried they die. Also, Eject a said buried model to be vulnerable.

• Cyrptologist: Antique Timepiece any burning or poison.

• Eyes & Ears: You discard a card and draw a new one.

• Hopeful Prospect: Remove ALL conditions on one of their models.

• Jesse Halliday: Willpower resisted Distraction Shockwave.

• Machinist: Put a couple weaks back in their deck.

• Maxine (if shes a second Master): Put a couple severes back in your deck.

• Sand Worm: Again, bury them at the end of the game.

• Tannenbaum: Remove a bunch of severes from the opponents deck for a turn.

• Tidecaller: Ranged Toss!

• Ullr: Remove all scheme markers in a 3” pulse.

• Winston Finnigan: Free Dirigible rides!

• Like 2