Last list played (and opponent)

ShinChan

I took Som'er against Kirai lost 5-2 in the Fourth Turn. 

Strategy - Corrupted Idols

Schemes - Search the Ruins, Power Ritual, Detonate Charges, Deliver a Message, Outflank

Deployment - Corner

I picked Deliver a Message and Search the Ruins

my list was 

Som'er Teeth Jones 

2 x Skeeters

Lenny Jones

Georgy and Olaf

Spit Hog (with Two Gremlins in a Ghillie Suit)

Pigapult 

2 x Gremlin Criers 

Some awful luck with cards played a larger factor in this game (Black Jokering twice in the game during vital Obey actions while holding the necessary cards in hand to cheat a guaranteed success for instance, and my opponent Red Jokering a damage flip with a final activation charge of a Seishin against my Skeeter who was primed to Deliver a Message to Kirai (through my Crier's Obey) but The Jokers and the randomness of the cards is part of the game so no huge deal) but other than that there were a few things I learnt about Kirai and my Big Hat crew that may be useful so I will mention them here.

A few things about facing Kirai

• When Facing Karia there is little point to focussing on killing of the Seishin and Lost Love to shut down her healing - as all of her summons have ways to heal her through triggers.

• Ikiryo is a huge pain! using Seihsin allows for an easy first turn charge with her and she gets to be summoned in (counting as a minion, without attaching an upgrade, and not counting towards the once per turn limitation) This means that as my opponent always activated Kirai last if I did manage to kill Ikiryo she always came back at full strength  - after this happened twice I just left her alone and cheated high cards to cause her attacks to miss. Lastly this crew is fast and almost impossible to bog down due to the amount of Incorporeal plan accordingly.

• It turns out Som'er is a pretty good pick against Karai - mostly because the Damage caused by the "full load" Pigapult ability, Lenny's "Toss" and Som'ers "Make Me Proud boys"  abilities don't trigger Vengeance damage back  as they aren't  targeting the enemy models directly (I imagine that Wong would be a great choice as well). Also Som'er is able to be more than a match for Kirai's as far as summoning goes. 

A few things I learned about Big Hat this game

• When playing Cursed Idols especially against a highly mobile crew (and especially when you pick  Search the Ruins) You need to get up the board as quick as possible (using Pigapult, Lenny's Toss and By summoning and activating Banjonistas). I played a little more defensively the first turn and due to that I had a hard time getting to the Idols and the enemy's half of the board)

• Som'er needs turn 5. Generally Speaking I find The final two Turns of each game tend to be when I score the most points. At that point I find I usually outnumber the opponent and have the extra activations to utilize "Bully" on the Criers to have all my insignificant models take interact actions. I need to become a faster player especially if I have any hope of bringing Som'er to a tournament. 

• I constantly forget about the ability to cheat with the top card of my deck. While there is a risk doing so I realized this game there is absolutely no reason not to do it if you fail a Terrifying test and don't have the right card in your hand to cheat it. This could have helped out with the amount of actions that were lost due to Terrifying this game. It is also smart to do if you flip a Weak for the heal from the Spit Hogs.

• It's easy to get lost in activation order when trying to use "Bully" with Criers. Too often I forgot that a model I was trying to "Obey" to interact was one that was summoned this turn so it can't interact even though it is the Crier's action that  is being used. With this in mind it might be smarter to summon in the Criers and start off with Banjonistas instead. Technically a summoned Creir can use it's one action to Obey an insignificant model from 18" away from Som'er (6" on the summon and 12" range on Obey) 

• Even though it is easy to get caught up in using your sea of Insignificant models for interacting there is an even easier way to get your interactions off - and that is by damaging enemy models with the Spit Hogs. Their "Draw their Attention" rule means every time they damage an enemy they can discard a card to make any model in LoS take an Interact action. Just remember the model would need to be allowed the action (so can't be engaged or Insignificant) 

• Georgy and Olaf is Df 8 when in cover (or within 2" of Lenny due to Body Guard) when getting shot - put him up front! He has enough wounds to take some punishment and if he does charge him with a Spit Hog and get some heals! 

• Pigapult makes both points for Deliver a Message quite easy to achieve. Use "Full Load" while keeping a high card to cheat the MV test allows you to place a model within 1" of the enemy leader. Then activate the model or use a Creir to "Obey" it to Interact. And If the catapult manages to survive till the end of the game do a similar trick but use the Interact to place a Scheme marker.   

• In my opinion It is absolutely worth the 2 points for the Ghillie Upgrade on the Spit Hog. This makes him Height 3 (which blocks LoS between Som'er and Georgy/Olaf without having to use Lenny to do so - allowing for a more frequent use of "Who Runs Gremlin Town?". It also gives a bonus gun action which can trigger the "Draw their Attention" ability (at a stat 8 if you have two Big Hat  models nearby) also this gives another great option to use when Pig Eating Grin is triggered. The gun range is only 6"  though and this does add 2 points onto a priority target for your opponent so expect them to draw a lot of your opponent's efforts. Summoning your second Spit Hog nearby helps to keep it alive (or charging a friendly model and cheating in rams to heal 2)

1 hour ago, OracleToronto said:

• Pigapult makes both points for Deliver a Message quite easy to achieve. Use "Full Load" while keeping a high card to cheat the MV test allows you to place a model within 1" of the enemy leader. Then activate the model or use a Creir to "Obey" it to Interact. And If the catapult manages to survive till the end of the game do a similar trick but use the Interact to place a Scheme marker.   

Full Load prevents you taking interact actions until the end phase, criers can't get around that 

Took

Ophelia + inferiority Complex + 3ss

Francois + inferiority complex

Sammy

Raph

Rami

Merris

Sammy

3x Young 

against

Levi + 5ss

Rusty Alyce

Marlena

Ashes & Dust

Hodgepodge effigy + upgrade

Necropunk + Servant of Dark Powers

Prospector

was Reckoning with detonate charges, dig their graves (me), hold up their forces, take prisoner (him), power ritual (both of us).

Had to call the game end of Turn 4 when the score was 4-2, but imo I was in a good position to tie up the game in turn 5

Really struggling against Levi in Reckoning as nothing in his crew really gives points for killing it (Levi is next to impossible to kill, Ashes & Dust and hollow waifs are worth nothing and the rest of the crew hides behind Levi, Rusty Alyce and Ashes & Dust)

I had a game last night  - 40SS Turf War vs Shenlong;

Wong
Olivia
Burt Jebson
Gracie
Swinecursed
Lightning Bug
Slop Hauler
Flying Piglet (3SS Cache)

We only got through 2 turns (opponent was still learning ShLong), but the crew did pretty well. Wong was taxied up the board by Gracie, then spent both activations Fzzaping Monks. He didn't do a load of damage, but he did kill both Aspiring Students (important!) and stripped a whole load of cards and Chi that could have been used for other stuff. 

The Slop Hauler has alot of great synergy with Wong's crew. He can mass-heal the friendly damage from Wong's Fzzap, will happily tag behind Gracie or the Swinecursed to save AP and can throw Adversary on models to help Gracie or the Swinecursed brutalise them (as Shenlong discovered...). His Staggered trigger in melee could also help out with Wong's Fzzap attack.;) It's still early days, but I'm really liking what the Slop Hauler offers Wong. I'll definitely be taking him more. 

Last game I played was Reckoning into Rasputina

I brought 
Somer (Complex)

2 Skeeters

Brin

Lenny (Ghillie Suit)

Emissary

Banjonista

Gluttony

He had: Raspy, Wendigo, Miner, Golem, Blessed, Snow Storm and 1 or 2 Silent Ones

I started with summoning 3 Bayou Gremlins. He tossed some pillars up and Lenny reacted by Tossing the Emissary through them. He moved Silent One up and dropped more pillars. Emissary charged the blessed, trampling a silent one and the blessed in the process. Flipped a Red Joker on damage on the blessed. Then steamrollered back to almost where he came from to kill the Blessed and trample the silent one again putting it to 2 wounds. Game went pretty badly for him from then on. He killed the emissary in turn 2 but not before it put a huge chunk of damage on Raspy and dropped a scrap marker he couldn't eat to heal. Gluttony kept knocking bayous into ice pillars for cards and removing pillars. Also kept slamming his miner into the markers it was laying down for Breakthrough.  All in all, i was in control of the game from the get go

I played:

Zoraida

Firts Mate

Gracie

2 Silurid

2 Gatreaux Bokor

1 Bayou Gator

Against:

Sonnia

Flame

Sammael

Guild Steward

2 Withcling Handler

2 Witchling

We played Corrupetd Idols in Corner deploy, I chose Detonate Charges and Claim Jump (First Mate). My enemy choses Take prisoner (Silurid) and Claim jump (Steward).

The First Mate try to do his scheme but in the centerpoint there were a lot of models and he died with a Black Joker for prevent damage, so I failed my 2 points.

However, I did my 2 points with detonate charges with the jumping Silurids.

My enemy didnt do his second points from his schemes, because I move with and Obey in the last turn the Steward out of the centerpoint, and is very dificult Take the prisoner if you know whats the model and this model can Jump.

I won 5-4 so I can do 3 points of corrupted idols so 3 markers appear in the right side and I had there a lot of people and was very far to my enemies.

I love Gracie like a taxi, is very useful to move Zoraida and permit her uses her 3AP in Obey, and is a good bodyguard if somebody is near.

I will continue playing with Zoraida and i tell you.

thanks and sorry for the English (im spanish 😊)

• Like 1

Small review of my last tournament, I've played Wong the 3 games and we only had 2 hours for each game, so we only play 3 turns on each game.

Game 1

• Strategy: Turf War
  • My Schemes: Breakthrough, Harness the Ley Line
  • My list:
    • Wong
    • Olivia
    • Gracie
    • Lightning Bug
    • Lightning Bug
    • Bokor
    • Bokor
    • Swine Cursed
    • Big Brain Brin
    • Flying Piglet
    • 1ss
  • My opponent's:
    • Hoffman
    • Mechanical attendand
    • Hunter
    • Hunter
    • Watcher
    • Watcher
    • Melissa KORE
    • Peacekeeper
    • Something else I don't remember, but small size base
  • Result: 4-4 (Turf War 2, Harness the Ley Line, Breakthrough 1)

I risked a bit with only 1ss cache, and Wong received 8 damages, but it was worth it, I needed the extra anti-armor stuff. Those Hunters really disturbed completely my turn 2, so I heavily relied in turn 3 to score 3 points. Lightning bugs were awesome allowing me to score Harnes the Ley line easily (even after 1 died in turn 3). Big Brain Brin didn't do anything really useful (or maybe he did, but I didn't notice it much. At the end of turn 3, my opponent only had in the table Hoffman, the two Watchers and that something else I can't remember.

Game 2

• Strategy: Plant Explosives
  • My Schemes: Search the Ruins, Detonate Charges
  • My list:
    • Wong
    • Olivia
    • Gracie
    • Lightning Bug
    • Lightning Bug
    • Bokor
    • Bokor
    • Sammy Lacroix
    • Burt Jebsen
    • Flying Piglet
    • 2ss
  • My opponent's:
    • Asami Tanaka
    • Mechanical attendand
    • Ama no Zako
    • Jorogumo
    • Jorogumo
    • Tengu
    • Yokai
    • 6ss
    • Something else I don't remember
  • Result: 4-3 (Plant explosives 1, Search the ruins 1, Detonate Charges 2)

My opponent was very unlucky in the first turn, flipping the black joker trying to summon a Jorogumo after using a soulstone. Another Jorogumo spended the 3 turns scoring 1 point of plant explosives and trying to catch my flying piglet (the poor piggie wasn't even able to drop his explosive marker). Was a really tought game. Sammy almost died after a Jorogumo summoned in the second turn died (thanks to that shielded was able to survive with 1 HP).

Burt was able to kill another Jorogumo, after this one failed a test from Wong's Fzzzzzap! and just using his own glowy tokens for "It's all in the reflexes!", but also thanks to the Bokor that put shielded on him and me cheating my highest cards in order to get minimum damage (seriously, this guy is too squishy, he needs infused body or some sort of defensive tech).

Gracie saved Sammy thank to "Ride with me", so she put her out of LoS and reach of everyone, and between both of then, the summoned Jorogumo became dust. With 2 Jorogumos out and the other one too far from the action, I managed to score 3 points in the last turn, while my opponent that already had his points assured, tried to deny mine (and he almost got it, I only managed thanks to a Lightning Bug and a Bokor, both with fast as my last 2 activations).

Game 3

• Strategy: Reckoning
  • My Schemes: Vendetta, Harness the Ley Line
  • My list:
    • Wong
    • Olivia
    • Gracie
    • Lightning Bug
    • Bokor
    • Sammy Lacroix
    • Burt Jebsen
    • Flying Piglet
    • Big Brain Brin
    • 4ss
  • My opponent's:
    • Leveticus
    • Hollow Waif x2
    • Alice
    • Desolation Engine
    • Desolation Engine
    • Ashes and Dust
    • Marlena Webster
  • Result: 5-2 (Reckoning 2, Vendetta 2, Harness the Ley Line)

I didn't realize how good was Sammy going to be in this matchup. She made me draw sooo many cards :D I forced my opponent to deploy A&D first, and I deployed everything as far as I could, except from the Flying Piglet I used as a bait, it kind of worked. I mean "kind of" because A&D stopped a bit to score my opponent Harness the Ley Line.

I went all in with Gracie and BBB against his Desolation Engines and Marlena, hopping that Stunned + serene counternance + Gracie tankyness would be enough to survive. That + some decent flips, 2 soulstones to save BBB, and some Wong shockwaves, allowed me to score Vendetta with Gracie against a Desolation Engine while putting some damage in Marlena and Leveticus. My opponent made the mistake of spending too many efforts in trying to kill BBB (Desolation engine, Marlena and Leveticus during a full turn).

The rest of the group killed the second Desolation Engine (Sammy helped a lot giving injured 3 to it) easily and took care of the remaining Abomination. The Lightning Bug was like 7" from the centerline, teleporting scheme markers to score me Harness the Ley Line. In the third turn, Ashes and Dust finally arrived, and as expected, killed the Bokor in a single activation, but it was already too late.

Unofficial 2nd position (since I was just playing because we had a missing player, so I didn't put myself in the classification of for the prizes), but a lot of fun. 2h is definitely not enough time to play. There were some games that we could easily play the 4th turn, but we prefer to take it easy. If someone is curious, Sandeep won the tournament by winning his 3 games.

Feel free to ask any questions!

I'll write some impressions about the overall of the crew in the following days, since I already have many games with Wong in the past months :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ShinChan said:

Game 3

• My Schemes: Vendetta, Harness the Ley Line
  • My list:
    • Wong
    • Olivia
    • Gracie
    • Lightning Bug
    • Bokor
    • Sammy Lacroix
    • Burt Jebsen
    • Flying Piglet
    • Big Brain Brin
    • 4ss
  • My opponent's:
    • Leveticus
    • Hollow Waif x2
    • Alice
    • Desolation Engine
    • Desolation Engine
    • Ashes and Dust
    • Marlena Webster
  • Result: 5-2 (Reckoning 2, Vendetta 2, Harness the Ley Line)

I didn't realize how good was Sammy going to be in this matchup. She made me draw sooo many cards :D I forced my opponent to deploy A&D first, and I deployed everything as far as I could, except from the Flying Piglet I used as a bait, it kind of worked. I mean "kind of" because A&D stopped a bit to score my opponent Harness the Ley Line.

I went all in with Gracie and BBB against his Desolation Engines and Marlena, hopping that Stunned + serene counternance + Gracie tankyness would be enough to survive. That + some decent flips, 2 soulstones to save BBB, and some Wong shockwaves, allowed me to score Vendetta with Gracie against a Desolation Engine while putting some damage in Marlena and Leveticus. My opponent made the mistake of spending too many efforts in trying to kill BBB (Desolation engine, Marlena and Leveticus during a full turn).

The rest of the group killed the second Desolation Engine (Sammy helped a lot giving injured 3 to it) easily and took care of the remaining Abomination. The Lightning Bug was like 7" from the centerline, teleporting scheme markers to score me Harness the Ley Line. In the third turn, Ashes and Dust finally arrived, and as expected, killed the Bokor in a single activation, but it was already too late.

Unofficial 2nd position (since I was just playing because we had a missing player, so I didn't put myself in the classification of for the prizes), but a lot of fun. 2h is definitely not enough time to play. There were some games that we could easily play the 4th turn, but we prefer to take it easy. If someone is curious, Sandeep won the tournament by winning his 3 games.

Feel free to ask any questions!

I'll write some impressions about the overall of the crew in the following days, since I already have many games with Wong in the past months :)

Just curious what you were doing in this match that Sammy draw so many cards? Personally I've found Levi very hard to play as him and Rusty just nuke models to death before you have a chance to heal them and all the irrudicible damage his crew does gets around shielded, stones and infused body.

Sammy and Big Brain Brin seems a lot of SS in support

48 minutes ago, wizuriel said:

Just curious what you were doing in this match that Sammy draw so many cards? Personally I've found Levi very hard to play as him and Rusty just nuke models to death before you have a chance to heal them and all the irrudicible damage his crew does gets around shielded, stones and infused body.

Sammy and Big Brain Brin seems a lot of SS in support

Well, Sammy's passive :) When a friendly model suffers damage during a friendly activation, draw a card (once per activation). So Unmade and Entropy were giving me cards. And reducing Desolation Engines to Df 0/1/2 is awesome to kill them later.

Big Brain Brin was my only way to deliver stunned, which is fundamental in order to avoid a lot of damage vs Levi. I also kept most of my crew inside a forest from where I was teleporting the scheme markers with the Lightning bug.

Levy is the only and main problem, but with stat 6 and going against Wp (Gracie, Burt and Bokor have 6, Sammy and BBB have 7), he's not going to do that much. I don't know how Alyce is a problem, you have plenty of card draw, so she needs at least 2 shoots to kill someone, and my opponent's hand goes down quite fast due to the multiple Mv simple duels.

Remember that Gracie is Sz 3, so it's not that difficult cover the LoS to Alyce.

Wong vs Zipp

Flank Reckoning

Dig Graves, Assassinate, Breakthrough, Search Ruins, Harness the Leyline

I took: Wong, Bernard, Gracie, Sammy, Burt, Taxi, Bokor, Swine Cursed

He took: Zipp, Earl, Mah, 2 Roosters with Coffee, Iron Skeeter.

Game went pretty abysmal. Opening hand saw me at an 11 and then no other card above a 5. I blasted onto my crew for Glowies. (Forgot Sammy's aura like a dummy). he ended up killing the tax and the piggy very quickly. I got a rooster but he had Mah into Sammy and Wong and it was pretty much over after that. I scored 1 for reckoning and 1 for Dig. Game 1 for the Wong crew not looking so hot. Onto game 2 this week.

I’m new to the game and have only played once before. A friend of mine have played 2nd edition a lot but never 3rd so we decided to play a 35 ss game. 

My list: 

Mah Tucket

The little lass 

Trixiebell

3 Bushwackers

Lucky Effigy

He wa playing Outcast with Parker Barrows. 

We played Turf War, corner deployment. I deployed all of my crew together, activated the effigys cheat fate aura, and with the help of that and one card in my hand, Mah Tuckey triggered her Focus + 1 trigger three times, giving everyone else 3 focus. This helped the Bushwackers tremendously when having shoot outs with Parker’s crew. And Trixiebell managed to pull them closer, Little lass pushed my crew to the right places and Mah finally whacked Parker three times with her spoon to finish him off. 

I won 5 vs 4. It was a really fun game that solidified Malifaux as one of my absolute favorite games. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I'm trying to build a good tournament Mah list so I had a game against Yan Lo yesterday.

My crew: Mah, Little Lass, Brin, 3xRooster Rider, 2xSoulstone Miner, Bokor, Bayou Gremlin. 0ss

My opponent's crew: Yan Lo, Soul Porter, Manos, Toshiro, Chiaki, Izamu (Silent Protector), Sun Quiang. 6 ss

Strat&Schemes: Plant explosives. Search the Ruins, Claim Jump, Outflank, Breakthrough, Take Prisoner. Flank deployment.

My schemes were Search the Ruins and Outflank, my opponent took Search the Ruins and Breakthrough.

I had a simple and straightforward plan for the game: give Roosters focused +3, kill Yan Lo turn one before he grows up strong, do strat&schemes with Miners and Roosters. The first part of the plant went just right - my opponent deployed rather agressively and moved forward, so after Mah's activation I had three Roosters with focused +3 within 14" of Yan Lo. The killing part started ok, but I forgot to activate Bokor and draw more cards before the third Rooster's activation - one attack missed and my opponent flipped a lucky severe for Yan Lo's healing Demise. Yan Lo survived with 2 health left, my opponent won initiative turn 2 and healed Yan Lo back to full. Turn 2 and 3 I scored first points for both schemes and placed all 4 explosives. My opponent scored Search the ruins turn 2, but I didn't let him score Breakthrough till turn 5. I managed to kill Izamu, pushing him into pit traps by Mah, but he was returned to the table later. I removed 2 enemy explosives turn 5, so my opponent didn't score the last point for strategy. I won 8:6

After the second game with this list I still think Mah is not for hardcore tournament play. Focused Roosters can deal a lot of damage in early game, but with df5/wp4 they are rather fragile and have big problems with Terrifying. A skilled opponent will not have any problems with them. Soulstone Miners are great in schemepools like this, bring soulstones (I finished the game with 6) and are very hard to counter, but it's not enough for victory.

• 4 weeks later...

Yesterday I played Corrupted Idols on Wedge Deployment - 35SS

Harness the Leylines (me), Claim Jump (both), Take Prisoner (Opponent)

Ulix (me) Vs. Yan Lo (TT)

Bayou:

Ulix

Penelope

Old Major

Slop Hauler

Slop Hauler

Hog Whisperer

Wild Boar

Ten Thunders:

Yan Lo

Soul Porter

Chiaki

Toshiro

Ashigaru

Yin

Low River Monk (the healing kind of Monk)

This game went surprisingly well for Ulix.

I managed to turn the Wild Boar into a Warpig and charge into my opponents backline on turn one. I didnt kill anything but in turn two the warpig chomped down the Low River Monk and the Soulporter thanks to shove aside.

The Hog Whisperer did not Play out to his full potential as he was busy summoning piglets in the turns 1 to 3. The Piglets I almost exclusively used to turn them into Bacon for harness the Ley lines after pushing Idols. this worked really well!

The Slophaulers were so and so. Summoning piglets turned out to be rather difficulty. The Rams was hard to come by with normal Flips and so I had to cheat if I wanted a piglet. The Shooting was okay. The feed piggies was crucial however in keeping old Major alive.

Old Major was a beast in this game. WP6 was amazing and his own healing paired with SlopHaulers and Ulix' healing (and the sturdy critters ability)  made him unkillable in this game.

Ulix and Penelope both mainly were there to herd the Warpig and Old Major. I got so many attacks out of that that I managed to kill Yan Lo in Turn 3 or 4 (twice)

My Opponent conceded on turn 4 after Yin was dead and only Toshiro and a single ashigaru were "alive". At this point the games was 3:2 for me, with old Major, Ulix, Penelope, WarPig and Hog Whisperer still alive.

I think the Key for Winning were the many Actions I got out of old Major and the Warpig and more importantly that Pigs drop Bacon instead of corpses.

Also very important this game: Wild Boars being unimpended. There were some Tracks on the Table with the severe trait.

I sadly couldn't make use of squelers this game. Either I didn't need them or Ulix Actions failed. (happend twice I think)

On 7/27/2019 at 11:32 PM, Maciej said:

Ulix vs Misaki Takanaka. 7:4 for gremlins. Corrupted idols, harness the lay line and vengence are just perfect set for pigs. 

Ulix, 5ss Cache

Penelope

Old Mayoer

Big Brain Brin (BBB)

The Sow

Gracie

Wild Boar

Piglet

I played without squeelers, as they don't exist yet. I took one Boar and Piglet so I can reliably morph pigs turn one and still do actions with them. Piglet took vendetta on enemy Torkage, got morphed and killed Torgage eventually. 

The Sow is much more reiliable for summoning piglets than Slop Haulers or Hog wshisperer, so I decided to skip them entirely and don'r regreat it.  I'm not really fond of those 2 guys anyway (usually just take 1 hog wshisperer for obey and tools for the job). 

BBB is just incredibly brilliant addition. Ulix'es greatest problem, for me, is that he has to spend good cards for morphing pigs, and then pigs dont have cards left to kill enemies or defend themselves and BBB helpes alot. If you can look at top 3 cards of your deck in turn one, and activate Ulix immediately after, you will know if there are any 12+ on top of your deck and you dont end up wasting good cards from hand. And arcane reservoir is sweet. Finnaly his sharp wit attack with slow is super sueful, and recently I get him to fight insted of hiding somewhere in the back :)

One difference (bonus?) I find to taking the Sow As well as Hog Whisperer is she summons off of crows rather than rams which increase your odds of having cards in hand to get the piglets out. 

• Agree 1

• 2 months later...

I played  game vs Titania, I tried to do some weird stuff, but things didn't go as expected :( My idea was to launch the Akaname in the enemy deployment zone in turn 2-3 with the Pigapult and let them score by themselves 

• My list:
    • Wong + Two Gremlins in a Ghillie Suit
    • Olivia
    • Gracie
    • Taxidermist
    • Bokor
    • Sammy Lacroix
    • Akaname
    • Akaname
    • Gluttony
    • 2ss
  • My opponent's:
    • Titania
    • Gorar
    • Misterious Effigy + upgrade
    • Serena Bowman
    • Autumn Knight
    • Silent Knight (Killjoy)
    • Rougarou
  • Result: 4-5
    • Me: Reckoning 2, Search the ruins 2, Dig Their Graves 0
    • Opponent: Reckoning 3, Search the ruins 1, Dig Their Graves 1

It was a quite tough game, with Titania cheating initiative in turn 2 to move, teleport with Germinate, and charge, killing 1 Akaname and engaging the other one, which completely ruined my plan.

I managed to kill Aeslin early and Serena + Emissary later, while Gluttony kept pushing out of place Killjoy and the Autumn Knight. Gracie was good, as usual and the Taxidermist a (almost) total failure, I still don't understand why the extra tax for the Piglet, he really needs to cost 7 and bring a corpse instead of a Piglet or improve his survival.

I had a terrible last turn, that prevented me to win 5-4. With Wong I flipped: Black Joker for the free action and  4, 5, 4 for Fzzzap!. So I had to cheat with 13, 11 and RJ, leaving my hand empty and being able to do anything else that turn (prevent my models from dying or kill that Rougarou that was really low life.

Did a Hench Hardcore list for fun.  Mine was:

Popcorn Turner

Lucky Effigy

Whiskey Golem

Tanuki

3ss

vs.

Judge

Pale Rider

Death Marshal

Brutal Effigy

3ss

We both went with the traditional "one angry beater and some support dudes" route, but my list had the added advantage of most everything having Beer Goggles, which made the hand pressure really difficult (I won 4-1 when we called it at the end of turn 3).  The crew basically spikes the Golem into the enemy line and applies general attrition poison with popcorn.  It works really well.

The only change I'd consider is maybe swapping out Popcorn for Fingers.  But that's putting even more importance on the Golem to carry the day.   Not saying he can't do it, but it's hard.

Match Highlight:  The Death Marshal tried to pick off the Tanuki, who used his Df trigger to teleport into the guild back field and run off to plant explosives.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Strat: Plant explosives

Cornor deployment

Schemes:

Power ritual (both took)

Vendetta

Take Prisoner (I took against Komainu)

Deliver a message (he took)

Break through

my list

Zipp + 6ss

Earl

First Mate

War pig + Inferiority complex

Slop Hauler

whiskey Golem

Merris

opponent (off memory)

Yan-lo

Toshiro

Izamu

Chiaki

Ashigaru

Komainu

Mindless zombie

1 more model

Game ended 6-5

I scored 2 for power ritual, 1 for take prisoner and 3 from strat

Opponent got 1 from power ritual, 1 from deliver a message and 3 from strat

Was a really bloody game. I dominated the first few turns holding up his force just outside his deployment zone, but between the healing of the crew, the tankiness and damage he eventually killed all my crew but Merris and Earl. 

Some key moments: I summoned a piglet on T4 that chased down the Komainu on T5. Opponent had 1 attack to kill him to deny me take prisoner and get a point for the strat and red jokered the damage :(

whiskey at WP5 can't make a TN11 terrifying flip

T3 Yan-lo can eliminate a model while healing all the damage the whiskey golem does.

I played the following list in a Corrupted Idols game against MYSELF!  In four years I had never attempted a full game with myself until this weekend.

myg0t (Bayou)
Size: 50 - Pool: 0
Leader:
  Zoraida 2
Hires:
  Grootslang
  Rooster Rider 2
  Will o' the Wisp 2
    Two Gremlins in a Ghillie Suit
  Old Cranky
  Gautraeux Bokor 3
  Bayou Gator 3
    Twelve Cups of Coffee
  McTavish
References:
  Voodoo Doll
  Wanga Mojo Curse
  Adze

Played against Titania, Baby Kade, The Rider, Tuco and two Black Blood Shamen.

I wish I had Twelve Cups of Coffee on the Rooster instead of the Gator.  I forgot to summon the Voodoo Doll one round and reallllly missed having Widow Weaver that you get a Neverborn Zoraida.  I wanted to live the dream by holding something down with Old Cranky’s cane and getting a McTavish shot at it... never happened but a Sz 3 Will O’ the Wisp did shoot a sidearm THREE TIMES over a Ht 2 building at the two shamen (which never did turn into mature nephilim) never died, and gave McTavish a free melee attack with its trigger Coordinated Attack so that was nice.  Figured I’d need to hoard masks for a situational Bokor obey... but had so many masks in hand turns 2 and 3 that I wish I brought a gremlin crier also (big hat for cranky), or a second Bokor.  Grootslang isn’t as great without doppelgänger or a Changeling unfortunately... and I think the next models I am buying are The bushwhackers.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Flank

Strat: Corrupted Idols

Schemes:

Power ritual

Vendetta (rooster rider vs wokou raider)

assassinate (both took)

break through

detonate charges (he took)

my list

Mah + 5ss

little lass

brin

Trixie

2x rooster riders + inferiority complex

2x bushwhackers

His list

Parker

Doc Mitchell

Mad Dog

Sue

2x Woku Raiders

3x Bandido

Game ended 5 - 3 for me (scored 1 vendetta, 2 assassinate 2 strat, opponent got 2 strat and 1 assassinate).

Highlights

First turn Mad Dog blow up 2 of my pit traps and with fast walked and charged my bushwhacker with run and gun, but unfortunately left him in range of Trixie so the other bushwhacker walked and dropped a pit trap between him and Trixie and then Trixie lured him into and out of the pit trap within range of a rooster rider who brought him down to hard to kill first turn very seperated from his crew.

Brin stacking the odds so a few turns I got the RJ twice

Bushwhackers killing so many things by pushing them into traps. 

problems:

Sue and a wokou raider killed both my rooster riders (with Parkers help) letting them sit pretty uncontested in 1 corner where all the strategy markers where appearing. The little lass when I tried to threaten the 1hp wokou raider died before she could even lift her spoon in his direction. 

Little lass spent 3 turns failing to yell at people before she got killed by the wokou raider. 

• 3 weeks later...

deployment: Corner

strat: Turf War

Schemes: 

Hold up their forces

Take Prisoner

Deliver a message (both took)

Power Ritual

Search the ruins (both took)

my list:

Ophelia + 5SS + inferiority complex

3x Young LaCroix

Francois

Merris

Rami

Raphael

Sammy

Bokor

opponent

Von Schill

steam trunk

Arik

Lazarus

Midnight Stalker

Freikorpsmann

Freikorps Scout

Freikorps Librarian

Game ended 5 - 4 for me (both scored full for Deliver a message and 2 points for turf war, I got 1 for search the ruins).

Highlights

Ophelia in 1 activation killed the midnight stalker twice

Raphael and the scout had a shoot out which eventually he won

Merris and a fast Sammy did a good job schemeing (got her to charge Von Schill and using glowy get her :tome trigger)

low points

Young LaCroix after turn 2 are more a hinderance to my crew then a help

Francois continues his streak of never hitting an enemy model

Lazarus in the middle of the board is scary, I couldn't do enough damage to kill him with armor and shielded and a Librarian healing him and the gernades gets around Flinch and the Bugger They Are