Last list played (and opponent)

ShinChan

1 minute ago, Flippin' Wyrd George said:

BBB isn't a bad shout either. I've tried to cut him out of my lists because he was an auto include in every game for a while, and I wanted to try something different and prove I could do alright without using him. Its harder than I thought 😂

I have the same issue with Bokors and take one in every list. Everything is better with healing, card draw and obeys.

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, Scoffer said:

I think BBB is the first model to pick against Viks to cancel the Whirlwind trigger when they come to slash your models down.

I would also take Raphael and Rami instead of Gracie, Sammy and Porkchop to shoot enemies before they come close enough to use their swords, hammers and other melee stuff. Ophelia and her crew are very good in defensive play. 

The Whirlwind trigger is not a problem against my list.

Raphael is good, but the Viks shoot +/- as good as him, and he's not that resilient. Rami has the advantage of the huge range. Gracie is there to get people out of engagement. With Armor 2 and easy access to shielded (from the Bokor for example), she can easily tank an attack from a Vik and get 0 damage.

The porkchop also has armor, and the Vent steam is 4 damage to a Vik that charges you (charge + the free :melee + 2 other :melee). He's resilient and he provides you card draw with Sammy, while giving concealment to Francois/Gracie. He can easily "Ride the Rails" thanks to the Ophelia upgrade Glass Cannon.

BBB is a good pick, but against the Viks you won't be using Sober up neither Pulling the Strings (since it's only minions, and there are no good targets for that), so half of his card is wasted (you still get Arcane reservoir and Calculate the possibilities, which are the main reasons for bringing him in). With some many models in the Viks with min 3 damage, he won't survive much.

I'm not saying that there is only one way to defeat the Viks, you can even end up with everyone in your crew dead and 6-8 VPs. Rami is definitely useful, if you can get some good LoS due to the terrain, but that's not always possible :P

• Like 1

Gracie really helps with towing rami to prime sniping spots. I also agree that she’s durable as all get out. Arm +2 with shielded makes her super Tanky, and when she fights back she can heal herself.

bokurs with her are just excellent. You get shielded, healing and card draw. 

The problem with BBB is he's counterintuitive.

You want to either use him mid turn to reset your deck, or get him up into melee to stop triggers.... but you don't want to waste your actions walking him, so you've got to set aside something to move him into the scrum... but he's not very durable, so you have to make sure there's something to deflect attacks to.  Before you know it, half your crew is dedicated to BBB in some way.

27 minutes ago, Macdaddy353 said:

Gracie really helps with towing rami to prime sniping spots. I also agree that she’s durable as all get out. Arm +2 with shielded makes her super Tanky, and when she fights back she can heal herself.

bokurs with her are just excellent. You get shielded, healing and card draw. 

Against that Viks list, shielded is going to be tricky, since Johan and Taelor are going to ignore it. But if your shooting (mainly Ophelia) manage to kill the anti-armor models (the Ronins), it's still a good choice.

The Bokor is a must, since if you manage to Obey a Taelor (previously injured with Sammy if possible), you can really do a lot of damage with a proper charge :)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Ulix vs Misaki Takanaka. 7:4 for gremlins. Corrupted idols, harness the lay line and vengence are just perfect set for pigs. 

Ulix, 5ss Cache

Penelope

Old Mayoer

Big Brain Brin (BBB)

The Sow

Gracie

Wild Boar

Piglet

I played without squeelers, as they don't exist yet. I took one Boar and Piglet so I can reliably morph pigs turn one and still do actions with them. Piglet took vendetta on enemy Torkage, got morphed and killed Torgage eventually. 

The Sow is much more reiliable for summoning piglets than Slop Haulers or Hog wshisperer, so I decided to skip them entirely and don'r regreat it.  I'm not really fond of those 2 guys anyway (usually just take 1 hog wshisperer for obey and tools for the job). 

BBB is just incredibly brilliant addition. Ulix'es greatest problem, for me, is that he has to spend good cards for morphing pigs, and then pigs dont have cards left to kill enemies or defend themselves and BBB helpes alot. If you can look at top 3 cards of your deck in turn one, and activate Ulix immediately after, you will know if there are any 12+ on top of your deck and you dont end up wasting good cards from hand. And arcane reservoir is sweet. Finnaly his sharp wit attack with slow is super sueful, and recently I get him to fight insted of hiding somewhere in the back :)

• Like 1

Mah Tucket vs Yokou Hamasaki

• Corner Deployment
  • Plant Explosives
  • Detonate Charges
  • Search the Ruins
  • Hold up their Forces
  • Outflank
  • Vendetta

BAYOU

• Mah Tucket
  • Little Lass
  • Big Brain Brin
  • First Mate
  • Bushwhacker
  • Rooster Rider
  • Rooster Rider
  • Rooster Rider + Inferiority Complex

TEN THUNDERS

• Yokou Hamasaki
  • Chiyo Hamasaki
  • Bill Allgren
  • Lust
  • Gwyneth Maddox
  • Kunoichi
  • Geisha
  • Wandering River Monk
  • Shadow Effigy

My first game against the new TT Master as well as my opponents first time with the new TT Master. He did not really know what to do against the rooster cavalry and was kind of helpless while i deleted his whole crew. After turn 3, he just had one model left, which i wanted to keep alive so i can score the second point of detonate charges. I did not lose a single modell, so we just let it go after turn 3. BBB did nothing else then standing in the deployment zone and calculating the possibilities twice each round. I think that alone and arcane reservoir are worth his points, so the rest of his card is just a little bonus. Starting the game with three rosters with 3 focus point each also feels that incredible strong that i wonder why you would ever hire less then three when you play tricksy.

Captain Zipp VS The Ortega's Family

Bayou Team:
Captain Zipp
Earl
First Mate
Burt Jebsen
McTavish
3x Iron Skeeters [1 had Inferiority ]

Guild Team:
Perdita with a Lead Coat
Enslaved Nephilim 
Abuela 
Nino
Francisco 
Santiago with a Lead Coat
2x Pistoleros

This was my Opponents first game in M3E. I took Zipp just to fly around be annoying, little did I know that saved me. The Family gets so many Focuses that having continuous Concealment was a god send! McTavish was alil underwhelming here but that might be how I used him. Same with Bert, who was almost wiped off the board from a RJ damage from Enslaved Nephilim.
Speaking of Wiped off the Board Nino attempted to remove Earl on the First Activation, so Zipp and 2 Skeeters walled him in with Pianos and ate him.

Schemes and Strats were
Reckoning
Search the Ruins
Outflank
Deliver a Message
Claim Jump
Vendetta

We both took Outflank and Search the Ruins
Ended 5-4 in Bayous favor

Played Zoraida vs Mccabe last night doing  flank deploy corrupted idols with a pool of claim jump, breakthrough, power ritual, deliver a message, and hold up their forces.  I took power ritual and deliver a message, while my opponent took breakthrough and claim jump.

I took:

Zoraida (6ss)

Bad Juju w/12 cups of coffee

First Mate

Silurid

Gautreaux Bokor

Grootslang

Will o the wisp

vs 

Mccabe (5ss)

3x Hucksters

Luna

Sidir

Desper

2x Ruffian   

Serious battle of mobility in this one.   The first marker dropped in the middle, while the rest went to the corners or nearby.  First mate and Grootslang secured a corner and were able to scare off a trio of minions heading that way early.   I figured I could win a battle of attrition in the middle but was proven wrong as Sidir and Mccabe trashed Juju and his supporting cast (bokor and the will o), but not before I was able to soften Sidir up and eventually kill him with Zoraida, denying claim jump.  As Mccabe was slaughtering my forces the bokor got a chance to deliver a message before falling under hoof.   Took the game 5-3 in the end scoring 3 strat and both schemes once vs 1 strat and 2 breakthrough points.

Grootslang has taken  a couple games for me to get comfortable with (have jumped the gun hopping him into bad spots early getting him slaughtered) but is finally showing his worth as an ultra-mobile beater.   I set up a lair  just below each corner and by the end of the game he had hopped to both of them, providing crucial assistance and disruption.   I’ve found he needs a good amount of focus to do any sort of reliable damage though, and usually spend the first turn setting that up with Zor and the bokor.

• Respectfully Disagree 1

Brewmaster

Wesley

Whiskey Golem

Fingers

Popcorn Turner

2 Whiskey Gamin

2 Moonshinobi

VS

Parker Barrows

Doc

Mad Dog

Convict Gunslinger

Bandito

2 Prospects

something else I cant remember

We were playing Turf War and I chose Deliver the message and Harness the Ley lines.

Popcorn Turner nearly died within the first round after a gunslinger charged him for 6 Damage. He recovered with his trusty flask and would stand for another two turns.

Brewmaster was a beast: luring People out of Position and smacking them around. He had killed a gunslinger, mad dog and a prospect by turn 3.

Fingers was great in stealing markers and asking Questions at parker barrows who just had recieved a message by the Whiskey Golem. Whiskey Golem tanked some hits by Barrows.

When one of my moonshinobi cheated in a red Joker against the remaining bandita to kill her, my Opponent conceded in round 4. It was 4:0 for Bayou so it'd been hard to come back for barrows with only 3 models remaining.

I really like the 3rd Edition Tri-Chi. It was Kind of hard to spread around Poison around my own guys after round 1 but unless I want to use "a small favour" on my own guys the only Gremlin that Needs Poison is Brewy himself and he got served some fine Drinks by wesley and a Whiskey gamin

• Like 1

Mah Tucket vs. the Ortega family

Plant Explosives

Detonate Charges, Break Through, Hold Up Their Forces, Outflank, Assassinate

Mah Tucket, 6ss
Little Lass
Big Brain Brin
Lucky Emissary
Soulstone Miner
Survivor
	-Two Gremlins in a Ghillie Suit
Rooster Rider
	-Inferiority Complex
Bayou Gremlin
Bayou Gremlin

Perdita Ortega, 7ss
	-Lead Lined Coat
Enslaved Nephilim
Santiago Ortega
Nino Ortega
Abuela Ortega
Pale Rider
Guild Steward
Pistolero De Latigo

I did Breakthrough and Assassinate, he took Outflank and something else.  Ended up 3-2 in my favor.  Perdita denied me the second Breakthrough because I was dumb and didn't wait out her activation before putting down my scheme markers, and Assassinate went sideways once Mah died in turn 4.  I'm still trying to come to grips with just how much mobility Scamper gives, it's very deceptive.  Big Brain Brin's ability to put the red joker back in the deck, combined with the card draw of Mah Tucket, means I got the red Joker 2 times per turn, at least; which was amazing.

I tried the bayou gremlins on a whim, and two actually ended up doing pretty good work for me, chasing down his Guild Steward and shooting him to death to deny the outflank (he took 8 damage in return for the Steward's Demise ability, it was glorious).  They certainly aren't as universally helpful as they used to be, but I could see maybe taking them in a pair again (to fix their terrible attack stats) as a counter scheme runner.  Another bayou gremlin ALMOST finished off the pale rider.  it wouldn't have been worth points, but it would have been funny, and that's sometimes more important.

Lucky Emissary was something I *had* to put on the table because I finally got it off my painting table after years of it sitting half-assembled there.  Thanks to Brin's fantastic deck sculpting and his own lucky aura, this guy took a pretty large amount of punishment and got way deep into the enemy half of the board to drop of his explosives before he finally died.  I'd definitely run him again, but maybe not so close to Perdita.

• Agree 1

So here we go again

Zipp vs Molly

• Wedge Deployment
  • Plant Explosives
  • Detonate Charges
  • Harness the Leyline
  • Claim Jump
  • Outflank
  • Power Ritual

BAYOU

• Zipp
  • Earl Burns
  • First Mate
  • Mancha Roja
  • Big Brain Brin
  • Gracie
  • Iron Skeeter

RESSERS

• Molly
  • Necrotic Machine
  • Death Rider
  • Archie
  • Rogue Necromancy
  • Forgotten Marshall
  • Philip and the Nanny

So like in the other thread mentioned, i had some problems with the Crewbuilding since the Infamous Keyword lacks some cheap models and i dont like wrestler very much, so i tried out an elite crew. My Opponent took a similar approach and so we ended in a 7 vs 7 battle. It was my first time with Zipp and i think he is still very powerfull. Dropping a hell lot of pianos to block charge lines and los or auras seems to be very good, unfortunatley, molly can eat those markers to drraw 2 cards, so i think it was not the best match up for him. First Mate and Big Brain Brin are both really strong models and i have never regret bringing them to day. It was my first time with mancha and he also brought a lot of work in. I dont think if i would bring him out of keyword, maybe against marker heavy crews, but with all the piano support, he was a beast. I overextended a bit with the iron skeeter in turn one, so he got killed by archie and the rider pretty fast so i cant really say anything about him.
Overall, the game ended in a pretty close 5-4 win for the Bayou. I got 3 Points out of the strat and 2 from Harness the Leyline. Could not score Detonate Charges. My Enemy also got 3 Points from the Strat and one from Outflank. BBB and Gracie were able to tank long enough so he could not score a single point from claim jump.

• Agree 1

1.  shouldn't you have 5 schemes?

2.  for cheap Infamous models, have you tried Flying Piglets?

3.  CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!  The Forgotten are a rough crew.  Everyone keeps touting The First Mate's abilities, but he kept failing me... maybe I should givve him either try.

8 minutes ago, Jesy Blue said:

3.  CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!  The Forgotten are a rough crew.  Everyone keeps touting The First Mate's abilities, but he kept failing me... maybe I should givve him either try.

you are right. the fifth scheme was power ritual :)
havent tried flying piglets in m3e yet, i think they look solid tho, but i rather wanted a few extrastones since i played 3 henchman.
awwww, dont lose your faith in the first mate, he didnt get his job for no reason after all :D

On 8/8/2019 at 8:15 PM, Jesy Blue said:

What was it that didn't work on the Mate for you?

I've liked him a lot in every single game I brought him :)

I usually run a very fast flying crew (zipp, iron skeeters, merris, and flying piglets) and I'm usually focus carrying the emissary (or the Midnight Stalker in Outcasts).   Compared to the speed and "bayou two card" bubble the emissary throws out (or the fast on the opponent's side of the table TMS gets) he's losing the comparative price game, and with the amount of terrain we use, even with just Leap I can't get The First Mate where I want/need as quickly, and by the time he gets where I want him it's either too late, or he's being redundant in the role I need.

I end up mostly just using him as a Henchman Leader in my non-Zoraida all stealth Swampfield crew build.

Wong vs Sandeep

• Strategy: Plant Explosives
  • Schemes (we both pick the same): Deliver a message and Power Ritual
  • Final Result: 7-7

Wizz-Bang

• Wong - TTC
  • Olivia
  • Big Brain Brin
  • Sammy Lacroix
  • Burt Jebsen
  • Swine-Cursed
  • Gatreaux Bokor
  • Lightning Bug
  • Flying Piglet
  • Cache: 3ss

Academic

• Sandeep
  • Banasuva
  • Kudra Akarya
  • Kandara
  • Shastar Vidiya Guard
  • Oxfordian Mage
  • Soulstone miner + Magical Training
  • Steam Arachnid Swarm
  • Cache: 3ss

I took the TTC on Wong, mainly because Assassinate was on the pool, but also because in a previous game with Wong, I wasn't able to score Power Ritual since he was unable to see through a small shitty wall to drop the scheme marker with "Launch into Space", so not happening again. Also, I feel more confident throwing him into the battle like that, since he can't be charged + that magic Squeal.

BBB was a must, a bit slow, which make him arrive too late to where he should have been, but that extra card in hand is just a must. In addition, the whole crew is very "tomes-hungry", so Calculate the possibilities was fundamental.

It was a difficult match, since my opponent was drawing more cards than me, thanks to Kandara. But she's just too difficult to kill, so I move on and tried to keep doing my missions.

Burt Jebsen did his best, dying in turn 2 after the Seam Arachnid Swarm activation with 2 Onslaught triggers :( (the 4th attack wasn't even necessary).

The Swine-Cursed got a lot of attention, and was close to die (1 wound left) a couple of turns. In one turn, I had to use up to 7 glowy tokens to keep him alive, but with the Lightning bug and the Bokor healing him every turn, he manage to survive and kill the Steam Arachnid Swarm (getting a bunch of explosives, since the Swarm had 2 extra from Burt), kill the Oxfordian mage and even Banasuva. He scored me the the Strategy in turns 4 and 5 and he also got the 2nd point of deliver a message. I would like to say that he was the real MVP, but I think they were the Lightning Bug and the Bokor, by healing him every turn.

On my last turn, the Swine-Curse was Obeyed by the Bokor, hit by Wong to get fast and Obeyed again by BBB in order to achieve the last strategy point and the second point of Deliver a Message.

The Flying Piglet did its job, it dropped an strategy marker (that later would be removed by the Shastar Vidiya Guard, and it even manage to deliver a nice message to Sandeep (Oink!). The F Piglet and the Vidiya Guard looked at each other in one of the corners of the table, I though he was dead at that point, but my opponent had to choose between scoring for the Strategy dropping an explosive marker or killing my pig. He choose (wisely IMHO) to drop the marker, so next turn I cheated initiative to make him one of my priority activations and fly away, which later allowed me to score the first part of deliver a message.

Sammy wasn't really worth it this game, but at least I scared my opponent with the Glimpse of the Void trigger. She made me draw 3-4 cards in the whole game.

For future games, I want to try the Sammy + Porkchop + Burt + Swine Cursed bubble, with whom you can assure 1-3 cards draw every turn (until they start to die). I also missed some extra movement for Wong and I feel like most of my turns with him are the same:

• Turn 1:
    • Launch into Space
    • Fzzzap!
    • Fzzzap!
    • + Frightening Remember with Swine Cursed.
  • Turn 2:
    • Move
    • Fzzzap!
    • Fzzzap!
  • Turn 3:
    • Fzzzap!
    • Fzzzap!
    • Launch into Space
  • Turn 4:
    • Move/Fzzzap!
    • Fzzzap!
    • Launch into Space
  • Turn 5
    • Here it really depends on what I can/have to do

And even after all of that, he manages to put like 6-12 damage total in a whole game. The enemy splits, pass the duels (usually not that hard) and we only have a once per turn ability to bring them together, in one of the least resilient models (Olivia).

The crew really needs a way to deliver Staggered, someone that can use the Glowy in the enemy (so the Fzzzap! from Wong don't become pointless), more abilities like "Perfect Timing" and Olivia really needs manipulative or something. She really needs to be close to the action, but dies way too easily.

I've already played like 6-7 games with Wong since the final beta, and my feelings are that, even having a good pool of models, it lacks some consistency.

Wong + 2GIAGS

Olivia

Sammy

2 swine cursed

2 bokor

Lightning Bug

Mechanized porkchop

3SS

Took against a leveticus list

Turf war

Leylines

Dig their graves

Take prisoner

Assassinate

Claim jump

Got tables end of turn 4. Ended up getting shoot off the board between leveticus and rusty Alice. Didn't help couldn't flip anything and opponent kept getting modrrate / severes so stuff died before had any chance to heal anything.  Score would have been 4/5 - 0

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday I played Wong vs Yan Lo.

Wong

Olivia Bernard

3 Lightningbugs

Burt Jebsen

Taxidermist (+free Stuffed Piglet)

Flying Piglet

VS

Yan Lo

Soul Porter

Chiaki

Toshiro

Yin

2 Ashigaru

Strategy: Turf War

Schmes: We both picked Deliver a Message and Harness the Ley Lines

In Turn one I hit a "Wait What?!" on Launch into Space so I was well prepared fo scoring harness the Ley lines after turn two.

Yan Los Crew caught me off guard in how mobile they were, so my flying piglet, who was supposed to swoop onto a Turf marker and leave got tarpittet and later on skewered by an ashigaru. (the Bacon on the centerline however was a nice touch and I can see that flying piglets can be very versatile)

Turn two and Three went very well for me although Yin passed every single Fzzzzzap-Movement Duel so it got like 5 Glowys on it. I killed Toshiro fairly easily with fzzzzap and some taxidermin. Obviously he came back pretty quickly.

at this Point I had scored 3 VP and Yan lo 2 VP.

On Turn 4 and 5 everything went down hill. I had 3 Turns of no severe handcard in a row. I could manage to kill anything important. I had to shoot my own lightningbug to kill Yin via Arcane Feedback.

Yan Lo turned Burt jebsen into red mist, before he could do anything meaningful.

After turn 5 only Wong and a flying piglet was left and got tossed around by yan lo.

In the end I lost the Game 3:6

It was a fun and tough game. Yan lo cornered me Pretty well.

Best Models:

Yan Lo, Wong, and Yin.

I was also impressed by the flying piglet. Dazzling flourish slowed Yan lo once and the free Bacon when it dies is amazing.

The Taxidermist was okay, underperformed in Combat however.

Worst:

Chiaki and Burt who both died before they could do anything.

Had a civil war few days ago. It is always funny to fight against same Faction in all miniature game when your opponent know very well your crew and trick and vice versa.

• Setup
    • Turf War
    • Standard Deployment
  • Player 1
    • Ulix
    • Old Major
    • Big Brain Brin
    • Gracie
    • Whisperer
    • Slop Hauler
    • Piglet
    • Piglet
    • Penelope
  • Player 2
    • Somer
      • Ghillie Suit
    • Lenny
    • Big Brain Brin
    • Georgy & Olaf
    • Good Ol'Boy
    • Banjonisto
    • Bayou Gremlin
    • Bayou Gremlin
    • Skeeter
    • Skeeter

I was playing Somer and the result was winning by 6-4. Ulix properly is my next master so it is nice to see him actually performing on the table. Have not note down the details so cannot write a full battle report. But are going to update the Big Hat thread with some new thought. Also a lesson learnt is that the Piglets are the weakness of the crew and must be protected well.