Ulix
Penelope
Zoraida
Gracie
Big Brain Brin
The Sow
Wrastler
Squealer

Vs Titania (Wrastler was a counterpick since he can remove Underbrush)

Plan was simple: Use Zoraida in conjuction w Big Brain Brin to draw an amount of cards sufficient to properly grow a whole bunch of pigs. I sort of flubbed my setup and was immediately pressured by Titania and Killjoy but still wound up with 15 SS worth of extra pigs turn 1. We had to call it quits after turn 3 due to time constraints but the score at that point was 4-3 to Ulix although the victory was marred by me using the Reading the Cards ability on Zoraida although she wasn't the master.

The card draw Zoraida gives is absolutely massive with Ulix's ability to reduce damage on nearby pigs and it kept a War Pig alive long enough to get Killjoy buried on t2. Great fun but a lot of overhead from shuffling and redrawing ad nauseam. I think that this crew must be pressured early on for the opponent not to get swamped in big pigs from t2 and barring a lot of terrain you should be threatening huge swathes of the map from early on.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Barmution said:

Ulix
Penelope
Zoraida
Gracie
Big Brain Brin
The Sow
Wrastler
Squealer

Vs Titania (Wrastler was a counterpick since he can remove Underbrush)

Plan was simple: Use Zoraida in conjuction w Big Brain Brin to draw an amount of cards sufficient to properly grow a whole bunch of pigs. I sort of flubbed my setup and was immediately pressured by Titania and Killjoy but still wound up with 15 SS worth of extra pigs turn 1. We had to call it quits after turn 3 due to time constraints but the score at that point was 4-3 to Ulix although the victory was marred by me using the Reading the Cards ability on Zoraida although she wasn't the master.

The card draw Zoraida gives is absolutely massive with Ulix's ability to reduce damage on nearby pigs and it kept a War Pig alive long enough to get Killjoy buried on t2. Great fun but a lot of overhead from shuffling and redrawing ad nauseam. I think that this crew must be pressured early on for the opponent not to get swamped in big pigs from t2 and barring a lot of terrain you should be threatening huge swathes of the map from early on.

Weird list focused on card draw, interesting! I don't have Zoraida, and not really plan to buy her (even tho I really like the Spawn Mother), but maybe I'll proxy her :P

Ophelia-3SS

3 Young Lacroix

franciox

raphael

rammi

gracie

sammy

merris

played into Nekima on plant explosives Strat. Franciox wiffed a lot (black joker 2 activations in a row) Merris got killed by a Niphilim young due to absurdly poor card draw on my part and a bad hand. Ophelia killed 5 models in a single activation (4 summoned terror tots and some dude who summoned them) liked the crew a lot. Need to drop rammi or Raphael for a scheme runner. I’m thinking of trying out a smuggler 

If franciox doesn’t flip black jokers he is absurd. I burned almost all of my opponents soul stones just forcing him to reduce damage on his master. Sammy burrying things is incredible. She’s probably a staple in my list for obnoxious models now

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Davie said:

Uh! nice! love the models!  are they worth the out-of-Keyword-Tax?

On paper they look immensly powerful but I have yet to play them.

Bokor's I find are making a lot of my lists. Their healing and pulse shielded can be very nice. If you have an easy way to hit them they also get fast and a glowy token that makes their obey pretty easy to cast. 

Only problem in my Mah list is lack of easy way to do that ping damage to the Bokor (I also use them a lot with Ophelia and at times just have a young LaCroix shoot them for 1 damage to proc fast and glowy)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, wizuriel said:

Bokor's I find are making a lot of my lists. Their healing and pulse shielded can be very nice. If you have an easy way to hit them they also get fast and a glowy token that makes their obey pretty easy to cast. 

Only problem in my Mah list is lack of easy way to do that ping damage to the Bokor (I also use them a lot with Ophelia and at times just have a young LaCroix shoot them for 1 damage to proc fast and glowy)

They're mandatory in my Wong lists and 9/10 times in Ophelia's (the other times, I use the emissary), but haven't used them with my other 2 masters (Brewmaster and Ulix).

7 hours ago, Macdaddy353 said:

Ophelia-3SS

3 Young Lacroix

franciox

raphael

rammi

gracie

sammy

merris

played into Nekima on plant explosives Strat. Franciox wiffed a lot (black joker 2 activations in a row) Merris got killed by a Niphilim young due to absurdly poor card draw on my part and a bad hand. Ophelia killed 5 models in a single activation (4 summoned terror tots and some dude who summoned them) liked the crew a lot. Need to drop rammi or Raphael for a scheme runner. I’m thinking of trying out a smuggler 

If franciox doesn’t flip black jokers he is absurd. I burned almost all of my opponents soul stones just forcing him to reduce damage on his master. Sammy burrying things is incredible. She’s probably a staple in my list for obnoxious models now

I don't like the new Rami. Raphael is a bit meh too. For me Sammy is a must, specially when I bring the Bokor too.

4 hours ago, ShinChan said:

I don't like the new Rami. Raphael is a bit meh too. For me Sammy is a must, specially when I bring the Bokor too.

Rami is the King of Vendetta. 24" range, stat 6, trigger for +1 irreducible damage and 6ss cost.

I tried Zoraida vs,. Nekima for the first time this week. We were playing

Plant Explosives in Wedge with

Harness the Ley Line

Search the Ruins

Take Prisoner

Assassinate

Claim Jump

I hired:

Zoraida

First Mate

Bad Juju

Spawnmother

Gupps

Gateaux Baker

Will o Wisp

Will o Wisp

This was my first day out with Zoraida and I had barely read the cards (though I have played against her twice) so was really just getting to grips with it.

I took Assassinate and Search the Ruins with the thought that between Bad Juju and ensorcelled obeying Mature Nephilim I could deal with Nekima, while First mate and Gupps run off doing explosives and scoring Search the ruins. Managed to sneak a 7-6 win. Bad Juju dropped Nekima from 7hp to dead in one activation for single assassinate point. Between the Bokor and Zoraida's def trigger they were able to keep her alive to deny my opponents 2nd point for assassinate.

The game was won turn 5 with Zoraida's activation. She managed to ensorcelled obey a terror tot with a bomb, who was ready to drop my opponents 4th bomb, to run onto my opponents of the board and drop a 4th bomb for me, then used her final 2 AP to Hex it dead, for a two point swing from a loss to a victory :D

I didn't feel like the Spawnmother brought much. Between mindless and needing eggs, summoning gupps still feels a little gimmicky, and growing Silurids looks like a rare occurrence. Maybe I'll change my mind after a few more games though. Resource management was surprisingly difficult despite Zoraida's bonus action to draw a new hand. I think final version release restricting one voodoo upgrade in the crew has gone someway to balancing her.

All in all, a thoroughly enjoyable game.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Math Mathonwy said:

Why Inferiority Complex?

I tend to run Mah as a flanker after first turn. The focus from swagger is nice and easy to get.

ruthless and diving charge usually means terrain and other models can't stop her from reaching the model I want her to kill and I can activate her to kill those annoying models with manipulative without having to play their model activation order game

• Thanks 1

@ShinChan he did really well for me but I’m not 100% sold on him yet. On a table with proper terrain he doesn’t get the best sight lines. I need to take him out a few more times before I know how I really feel.

raphael is pretty solid at pumping out damage. His triggers are good and grit is pretty solid. But like rami I need more games. 

The big draw to both is ignoring concealment. Meaning you don’t have to worry about focusing as much just to cancel out the negative flip. Rami ignores cover and friendly fire too which is super relevant in a lot of situations (if you play on tables with meaningful terrain)

Im thinking those two models are likely to flex the most into other options though. Franciox and Ophelia already pump out a ton of damage. So replacing one or both with support or scheme runners seems reasonable.

• Agree 1

We had the first big (2 days 5 rounds) m3e tournament last weekend. I played 3 games with Ophelia and 2 with Zoraida. 

This is the list I played vs Outcast Jack:

Zoraida+6ss cash

The First Mate (Inferiority complex)

3x Silurids

Bokor

Bayou Gator

Wisp

Strat and schemes were Corrupted Idols, Dig their Graves, Take Prisoner, Power Ritual, Outflank, Claim Jump

I definitely love all-stealth swampfiend crews in "peathfull" schemepools and Zoraida herself is absolutely perfect for Corrupted Idols (my opponent said he's gonna take 5 Masters next time he plays Idols against Bayou/Neverborn). Gator did very well for a 5ss minion and inflicted a lot of damage on Montressor. It was the second time I used Wisp to lure Zoraida a bit closer to action turn one - and again it didn't live long enough to have another activation. One more Gator seems to be a better option.

I had another two games yesterday, the first one against the Viks:

Ophelia with Inferiority Complex

3x Young La Croix

Rami

Pere Ravage

Merris

Sammy

First Mate

Effigy with Conflux

It was Reckoning, Corner; Detonate, Breakthrough, Power Ritual; Assassinate; Deliver a Message.

I took Assassinate and Power Ritual. The game was brutual and my crew just couldn't take the smackdown from the Viks. There was a war of attrition where:

Pere and one Young La Croix died turn 1

Effigy, two Young La Croix died turn 2, along with a Vik

Merris and Rami died turn 3 (My assassinate declared on 2nd Vik, both players scored 1st Power Ritual)

Sammy and Ophelia died turn 4 (along with 2nd Vik for my 2nd assassinate, my opponent got one and only assassinate)

Turn 5 my opponent scored 2nd power ritual.

Finished in a 5-6 loss.

I missed the 2nd beater in Francois. I wasn't sure if he pulled his weight in previous games but I can see his place now as a hammer for the anvil. The Effigy died too early to comment on - shame, I'd have liked the Emissary! First Mate was a solid scheme runner as always. Pere Ravage didn't bring much (I was hoping to use him to block charge lanes but forgot the Viks have guns and they just shot him off!) I'm stilling trying to get the hang of how to best use Sammy's Petty Illusions card draw by discarding Ophelia upgrades (If two separate models suffer damage in one activation, can I draw two cards with this ability as they are separate models? Not sure what the ruling was after final beta). I think Ophelia is going back in the box for a bit. She is definitely good herself, just not sure the crew around her is consistently controlled enough for my liking! Despite their defensive shenanigans, they are very squishy. I had much more fun using other crews. I've tried using a Bokor previously for some healing but it was very hard to get any legs out of him with TN needing a 7 and moderate to heal anything significant.

Second game was with Zoraida vs. @Flippin' Wyrd Matt Colette. This went much better but tiredness and running out of time towards the end of the game meant it slipped away from me. The game was Plant Explosives, Standard; Breakthrough, Dig their Graves, Power Ritual, Outflank, Claim Jump.

Zoraida

Bad Juju with Twelve Cups of Coffee

McTavish

First Mate

Will O Wisp

Silurid

Bokor

I took Outflank and experimented with Claim Jump on Juju.

The game started off well - Bad Juju walked up the table to be within 12" of the Coryphee duet and Cassandra, stood next to Colette, so Zoraida could use an ensorcelled obey to hit Colette which put the pressure on Colette's cache immediately. First mate killed Cassy turn 1 with a red joker for 8dmg (which was stoned, but 2nd hit killed her) and picked up two extra bombs . However, despite early dominance and using an ensorcelled obey + Firsts mates activation turn 2 to drop 3 bombs, with the scheme heavy pool and Colette's disappearing, the dominance wasn't enough to stop her controlling the explosives and running the game down the flanks. I played pretty poorly points wise, and Matt walked away with a pretty convincing win depite losing Joss, Cassandra, a Coryphee, all his doves, and having Colette on 4 wounds with no cache, by the end of turn 3. I pretty much forgot to do Outflank as I was so focused on crippling Matts crew to see what effect it would have on Colette's ability to score points - apparently, not much!

Twelve Cups of Coffee was an excellent hire on Juju against this crew. It shut down nimble and any change of Colette burying Juju, and allowed me to discard scheme markers near him for a free action he usually has spare. Claim Jump however was still not viable because Matt would have just waited for final activation and brought Colette next to him to deny the final point. McTavish was solid - highlight being two moderates in a row to deal 6 wds to Joss, killing him. First mate was MVP despite eventually dying to a Soulstone Miner. Killing Cassy T1 and dropping so many bombs would have been game changing against most other opponents/masters.  Bokor was solid - healing Juju to full wounds after his demise was just sad times for Matt.

I really like the core of this cew - would probably change the Silurid, and McTavish depending on pool/matchup, but I think I'm getting somewhere with Moma Z.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Flippin' Wyrd George said:

Ophelia with Inferiority Complex (2)

3x Young La Croix

Rami (6)

Pere Ravage (7)

Merris (6)

Sammy (7)

First Mate (9+1)

Bokor (6+1)

Effigy with Conflux (4+2)

It was Reckoning, Corner; Detonate, Breakthrough, Power Ritual; Assassinate; Deliver a Message.

Looks like your list was 51ss and no cash.

3 hours ago, Scoffer said:

Looks like your list was 51ss and no cash.

Looks like it was! 😂I was trying to recall from memory. I didn't include the Bokor in the Ophelia game, that must be hangover from a previous one where I tried it. I'll edit the main post - I definitely had 10 activations and 6 soulstones, so that works out correct without the Bokor.

Good spot

5 hours ago, Flippin' Wyrd George said:

Ophelia with Inferiority Complex

3x Young La Croix

Rami

Pere Ravage

Merris

Sammy

First Mate

Effigy with Conflux

I took Assassinate and Power Ritual. The game was brutual and my crew just couldn't take the smackdown from the Viks. There was a war of attrition where:

Pere and one Young La Croix died turn 1

Effigy, two Young La Croix died turn 2, along with a Vik

Merris and Rami died turn 3 (My assassinate declared on 2nd Vik, both players scored 1st Power Ritual)

Sammy and Ophelia died turn 4 (along with 2nd Vik for my 2nd assassinate, my opponent got one and only assassinate)

Turn 5 my opponent scored 2nd power ritual.

Finished in a 5-6 loss.

I missed the 2nd beater in Francois. I wasn't sure if he pulled his weight in previous games but I can see his place now as a hammer for the anvil. The Effigy died too early to comment on - shame, I'd have liked the Emissary! First Mate was a solid scheme runner as always. Pere Ravage didn't bring much (I was hoping to use him to block charge lanes but forgot the Viks have guns and they just shot him off!) I'm stilling trying to get the hang of how to best use Sammy's Petty Illusions card draw by discarding Ophelia upgrades (If two separate models suffer damage in one activation, can I draw two cards with this ability as they are separate models? Not sure what the ruling was after final beta). I think Ophelia is going back in the box for a bit. She is definitely good herself, just not sure the crew around her is consistently controlled enough for my liking! Despite their defensive shenanigans, they are very squishy. I had much more fun using other crews. I've tried using a Bokor previously for some healing but it was very hard to get any legs out of him with TN needing a 7 and moderate to heal anything significant.

Which was the list of your opponent. Against the Viks, I would take the Emissary directly and no Pere and most likely not Sammy either (this will depend on the schemes/strats). You really need tanky models.

Actually, the Emissary is a model that I would only take against mobile crews that don't hit that hard, because he's not as survivable as it looks like and the aura is going to be for himself only.

I would bring something like this:

Soul Stone Cache: 6
[Masters]
 - Ophelia LaCroix, Leader
[Henchmen]
 - Francois LaCroix
 - Sammy LaCroix
[Enforcers]
 - Gracie
 - Mechanized Porkchop
 - Merris LaCroix
[Minions]
 - Young LaCroix
 - Young LaCroix
 - Young LaCroix
 - Gautreaux Bokor

I could consider changing the Mechanized Porkchop for Rami, if the terrain allows an sniper nest.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, ShinChan said:

Which was the list of your opponent. Against the Viks, I would take the Emissary directly and no Pere and most likely not Sammy either (this will depend on the schemes/strats). You really need tanky models.

Actually, the Emissary is a model that I would only take against mobile crews that don't hit that hard, because he's not as survivable as it looks like and the aura is going to be for himself only.

[Masters]
[Henchmen]
 - Francois LaCroix
 - Sammy LaCroix
[Enforcers]
 - Gracie
 - Mechanized Porkchop
 - Merris LaCroix
[Minions]
 - Young LaCroix
 - Young LaCroix
 - Young LaCroix
 - Gautreaux Bokor

I could consider changing the Mechanized Porkchop for Rami, if the terrain allows an sniper nest.

This list looks interesting. I'm guessing you are looking to take advantage of Gracie and Porkchop's armor? Otherwise, what is the thinking? 

I have used Ulix to good effect vs. Viks before. Old Major managed to tank about 4-5 hits before The Sow and a War Pig went hogwild and took the opponents crew out.

Emissary looks cool, I've never got it on the table though so not sure what I'd do with it just yet.

My opponent, @Mayt ran:

Viktoria (with the 6" push at start of game upgrade, can't remember the name)

Viktoria 

Taelor

Vanessa

Johan

Student of Conflict

Ronin

Ronin

and a cache of 8

17 minutes ago, ShinChan said:

[Masters]
[Henchmen]
 - Francois LaCroix
 - Sammy LaCroix
[Enforcers]
 - Gracie
 - Mechanized Porkchop
 - Merris LaCroix
[Minions]
 - Young LaCroix
 - Young LaCroix
 - Young LaCroix
 - Gautreaux Bokor

I think BBB is the first model to pick against Viks to cancel the Whirlwind trigger when they come to slash your models down.

I would also take Raphael and Rami instead of Gracie, Sammy and Porkchop to shoot enemies before they come close enough to use their swords, hammers and other melee stuff. Ophelia and her crew are very good in defensive play. 

1 minute ago, Scoffer said:

I think BBB is the first model to pick against Viks to cancel the Whirlwind trigger when they come to slash your models down.

I would also take Raphael and Rami instead of Gracie, Sammy and Porkchop to shoot enemies before they come close enough to use their swords, hammers and other melee stuff.

BBB isn't a bad shout either. I've tried to cut him out of my lists because he was an auto include in every game for a while, and I wanted to try something different and prove I could do alright without using him. Its harder than I thought 😂