"I'm a Basse Man"- A Cornelius Basse Discussion Thread

4thstringer

1 hour ago, Ironside's Fist said:

How does home on the range stack? “ when deploying, every friendly model with this ability can deploy +1 beyond this crews deployment zone. “

So If they have the ability they get to Deploy 1inch up? I’m confused.

One inch for each model you have with that ability.  So for even the most basic basse crew you will have +2" total, one from CBasse and one from BBasse.  An entirely in theme crew could ends up at +7 or+8 inches of deploy.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 4thstringer said:

One inch for each model you have with that ability.  So for even the most basic basse crew you will have +2" total, one from CBasse and one from BBasse.  An entirely in theme crew could ends up at +7 or+8 inches of deploy.

My basse list is  8 or 9 home of the range models. I aim to get basse murdering things his first activation if at all possible

• Like 2

17 hours ago, 4thstringer said:

Yeah, I think it's covered by similarly worded items such as Distracted or Focused: anything that comes with a +X value stacks (as opposed to like Slow or an ability like Humiliation in the Field Reporters).

I think the way it works is this:

In the timing window in which you're about to deploy a model, you check all "When Deploying" effects. For example, if I had a crew with CBasse, BBasse, and a Frontiersman with Home on the Range, it goes like this:
1) I begin to deploy Cornelius Basse
2) "When Deploying Effects" alter the deployment of CBasse
2a) Cornelius's "Home on the Range" affects him, allowing him to deploy +1" beyond the zone
2b) Bernadette's HOTR affects him, allowing him to deploy +1" beyond the zone. Because it is a "+" ability, he is now at 2".
2c) the Frontiersman's HOTR affects him allowing him to deploy +1" beyond the zone. He is now at +3".
3) Cornelius is actually placed on the board.
4) I begin to place Bernadette Basse. Steps 2a-2c now apply to her. Etc.

13 hours ago, Yore Huckleberry said:

Yeah, I think it's covered by similarly worded items such as Distracted or Focused: anything that comes with a +X value stacks (as opposed to like Slow or an ability like Humiliation in the Field Reporters).

I think the way it works is this:

In the timing window in which you're about to deploy a model, you check all "When Deploying" effects. For example, if I had a crew with CBasse, BBasse, and a Frontiersman with Home on the Range, it goes like this:
1) I begin to deploy Cornelius Basse
2) "When Deploying Effects" alter the deployment of CBasse
2a) Cornelius's "Home on the Range" affects him, allowing him to deploy +1" beyond the zone
2b) Bernadette's HOTR affects him, allowing him to deploy +1" beyond the zone. Because it is a "+" ability, he is now at 2".
2c) the Frontiersman's HOTR affects him allowing him to deploy +1" beyond the zone. He is now at +3".
3) Cornelius is actually placed on the board.
4) I begin to place Bernadette Basse. Steps 2a-2c now apply to her. Etc.

I think this is the most convoluted  explanation of  home on the range I've ever seen.

I dont think I've seen anyone play this. I'd doesnt stat as part of the power its per model on the board but for every model in your crew with this ability.  8 or 9 models makes you corner deployment for you whole crew with the keyword a 20 to 21" circle to deploy in

3 hours ago, Starrius said:

I think this is the most convoluted  explanation of  home on the range I've ever seen.

I dont think I've seen anyone play this. I'd doesnt stat as part of the power its per model on the board but for every model in your crew with this ability.  8 or 9 models makes you corner deployment for you whole crew with the keyword a 20 to 21" circle to deploy in

It really is convuluted - I agree with @Starrius. But I think that’s how it was worded on the card. I wrote it out basically in case I ever have to argue the point in a tournament ... though hopefully the key point of “plus sign means it’s additive like focus or distracted” will be enough!

What’s weird about the wording is that each ability gives it +1”, instead of the ability just saying “equal to X models with this trait” or something, but that’s how it’s worded!