psychogeek

i dont think the gunslingers are bad, but i personally am a bigger fan of sue in their place. it is of course all preference. I am a firm believer that nothing is unusable and most pieces are preferential. I like using actual characters vs nameless models, tipping sue in my favor

He even show Amina Naidu how to sing Walk the Line. 

In fact, the MS&U henchwoman is even better than the own Johnny Cash Tribute, since she can give Fast and Sue can only remove markers (and now you can get better use of scheme markers, and Scrap/Corpse markers are far less useful/mandatory than in M2E). 

I also love to use Sue, although I hate him being only Bandit. 

14 hours ago, ShinChan said:

Don't get me wrong, I think that both are situational. But usually I don't see the point of bringing 2 Gunslinger instead of 1 and Sue.

Definitely. I thought the question was if 1 gunsllinger is universally better than Sue. I think definitely (or at least most of the time).

14 hours ago, ShinChan said:

To get the max from Grit, you have to go all in with Sue, ofc. And with walk the line, it's about timing. You always want Mad Dog to be on his half life for that nasty :+flip

I usually do not rely on playing on Grit as it is a bit too risky if you are able to avoid combat most of the time with Run and gun. However the big difference between Sue's and Mad Dog's grit is that the later is a henchman and as you have plenty of SS most of the time, it is much easier to keep him alive longer even on few HP. You can keep Sue alive with the heals of Doc and Emissary, but in my experience, once he hit his Grit, he goes down quite quickly and would not draw many cards (if any), that would make this ability a signicant advantage.

Yes, his bonus actions are good, but I find them to be somehow utility ones more than a something for the core of crew.

8 hours ago, NAX3011 said:

It could be disgused not sure about.

Sure its correct what you are saying about the upgrafe, but your statement of you never move is just wrong. Sry.

You don't know how he plays. He may never actually take a walk with a convict gunslinger. When the model has Run and Gun, you are going to rarely find times that you want the extra maneuver compared to the free attack at the end of the move.  (You're probably right and it was hyperbole, but I also can see people playing games with the Convict gun slinger and not taking the walk action with it all game).

You may play your gunslingers differently and do walk a lot, in which case you may get the values from the upgrade.

I have run two gunslingers both with Wanted Criminal before to test how god the combo would be. It is most effective turn 1, as you can chain gang, walk for focus then charge and shoot with positive flips. It came up a few more times in turns 2-5, but that first turn was kind of brutal. 

1 hour ago, stonecrowe said:

I have run two gunslingers both with Wanted Criminal before to test how god the combo would be. It is most effective turn 1, as you can chain gang, walk for focus then charge and shoot with positive flips. It came up a few more times in turns 2-5, but that first turn was kind of brutal. 

One would expect 20ss from your gang should be brutal. 😄 Anyway, while running two gunslingers, doesn't they feel worse as you need to distribute the masks from your hand to tow of them (and the other one is weaker then)?

7 hours ago, stonecrowe said:

2 is a way too much IMO. 1 with wanted criminal is okay I think.

9 hours ago, Adran said:

You don't know how he plays. He may never actually take a walk with a convict gunslinger. When the model has Run and Gun, you are going to rarely find times that you want the extra maneuver compared to the free attack at the end of the move.  (You're probably right and it was hyperbole, but I also can see people playing games with the Convict gun slinger and not taking the walk action with it all game).

You may play your gunslingers differently and do walk a lot, in which case you may get the values from the upgrade.

True I don't know how he plays, but his statement red as you never walk...period!" And thats not true.

1 hour ago, NAX3011 said:

I tried today switching Gunslinger with Midnight Stalker, because Ruins was in Schemepool. It worked good but sometimes I missed the chainganging.

Put Servent of Dark Power on TMS... gets him on the other side of the table for that fast so much easier; 3 Actions and a Leap... see if you miss Chain Gang then.

What do you think of the double Convict Gunslinger + Emissary Combination?

The Emissary puts the Companion Upgrade on a Convict on Turn 1. Then in rhe following turns the Emissary places reliably 2 scheme markers in Range for the Convicts.

What you get out of that is a guaranteed 8 Shots (Fast +Rapid Fire+Companion and again Fast+Rapid Fire) more like 9 to 11 thanks to Onslaught trigger (the theoretical limit of 16 attacks is of course unrealistic) without the other crew to be able to activate. Also with a very good threat range of ~20".

You can even charge away an Chain Gang away in later turns to "distance tank" the other Crew. Because Convicts are of course squishy.

With support from other models and the dark Servant Upgrade this is even possible turn 1 with ~26" threat range.

My Miss Demeanour alt Convicts were always one of my favorites in 2nd after consistently killing Yasunori not on my turn thanks to Return Fire>Trigger Happy, so I'm so down with this.

However, 1st turn with Servant of Dark Power seems unlikely due to how far away they will be from emissary already for markers & token; might have to add in Dead Outlaws and/or Student of Conflict to Covetous Cravings at that range.

Yeah the Servant of Dark Power Rush on 1st turn seems a bit too much commitment for this combo. Also you don't need it if your opponent walks closer to you, to scheme or trying to get in range to you. You basically dedicate the full crew for Support of the 2 Convicts. Especially since you want to end turn 1 with 2 Scheme Markers close to the Convicts so that you can win initiative on turn 2 and then directly unleash the rain of bullets.

Also I like the Soldier for Hire Upgrade more. Hard to Kill with the healing from Emissary is more survivability than terrifying and the card draw is quite important since the combo will discard 3 cards for the two Convicts for rapid fire and companion.

25 minutes ago, Tiaden said:

Also I like the Soldier for Hire Upgrade more. Hard to Kill with the healing from Emissary is more survivability than terrifying and the card draw is quite important since the combo will discard 3 cards for the two Convicts for rapid fire and companion.

Unless I missed something, they don't have rapid fire? 

• Agree 1

I have a couple questions after studying the Bandit crew. 

1. There are several abilities and actions that “drop a scheme marker”. If it does not state “friendly” or “enemy”, does that mean you can choose which to drop?

2. The rules state that scheme markers must be at least 4” apart. Does that apply to the triggers and abilities in a Bandit crew that drop scheme markers? 

14 minutes ago, Hot4Perdita said:

I have a couple questions after studying the Bandit crew. 

1. There are several abilities and actions that “drop a scheme marker”. If it does not state “friendly” or “enemy”, does that mean you can choose which to drop?

2. The rules state that scheme markers must be at least 4” apart. Does that apply to the triggers and abilities in a Bandit crew that drop scheme markers? 

1: scheme markers are always friendly to the model doing the dropping, unless specified otherwise. 

2: That only applies to dropping them with the universal Interact action, abilities on cards can put them wherever the ability allows.

• Agree 2

12 minutes ago, Hot4Perdita said:

Thanks for the replies. Was wondering, because some actions state to drop a friendly marker, some state enemy marker, and some do not specify either. Was a little confusing.

Yeah its confusing. Sometimes they say friendly or enemy as you like.

Because of the dual keyword, you don't get all the bells and whistles a full Bandit would so they can energize with Tormented too.

He's got Run & Gun and Gunfight... but no Life of Crime, just Covetous Cravings, which does the same thing to themselves or someone else, but is an action instead of a free ability.

It's the same with how Benny & Wokou Raiders, also dual keyword models, don't synergize perfectly either; man bandits are in a lot of other people's pies...

I see dead outlaws as pocket picks vs upgrade crews (Marcus), but he is better in daw.

benney is a pocket pick in hamelin for marker heavy crews and scheme pools.

wouku raiders are wonderful in scheme marker pools and is a fantastic roadblock but not the most durable of you can’t win duals.

i never take dead outlaws with parker in 3e due to wanting other options. For the role they play I would either prefer a bandido or sue