New Zoraida box?

MrPieChee

2 hours ago, tunagami said:

Maybe it will include 3 waldgheists instead.  It would be fitting with the box to have 1 big tree and 3 smaller ones.

I think this is the most likely option, if only for the fact that while she is a dual master, all duals I can think of are based off their "native" faction.

So while Gatreaux, Gupps and Spawn Mother are Swampfiend, they're all Bayou.

The only other matchup is Adze/Willo's, and I figure they make a better single box.

On 7/3/2019 at 10:55 AM, Da Git said:

Waldgeists wouldn't be a great choice for Zoraida's box set as they're also Fae. I think the current setup works well enough really as there's already a set for gupps and Mummy

Wyrd have said that they won't make duplicate boxes, and since silurids are in a box in the release schedule, we know they won't be part of the box.

I'm thinking of getting an amphibious assault and waldgeists box - would be really annoying if either of them appeared in the new Zoraida box! (I've got several versatile Neverborn and bayou units, so seems like a good choice to expand my options).

If crew boxes are sticking with a single keyword, then the only other options are will'o'wisps or gators. I assume McTavish will get a box with gators, although perhaps hes going to be in the Zoraida box, and Bad Juju will get its own box??

1 hour ago, MrPieChee said:

If crew boxes are sticking with a single keyword, then the only other options are will'o'wisps or gators. I assume McTavish will get a box with gators, although perhaps hes going to be in the Zoraida box, and Bad Juju will get its own box??

One of the boxes slated for September release is "See You Later", which seems like it'll be Gators.
https://www.wyrd-games.net/news/2019/4/29/wyrd-retailer-newsletter-launch-plans

Now, regarding SKU, 23 is the code for Mali 3E, and the third number is Faction. 4 is Neverborn, 6 is Bayou.

So, we're really running out of options here.

Native Faction
Bad Juju
Adze (possibly A Light In The Dark, September, WYR23420)
Willowisp (as Adze)
Grootslang (August, WYR23421)
Waldgeist (dual Keyword)

Non-Native Faction
First Mate (dual Keyword, Zipp Box)
McTavish (probably See You Later, WYR23627)
Spawn Mother
Silurid (August, WYR23629)
Gupps
Bayou Gator (almost definitely See You Later).
Bokor (dual Keyword, WYR23628)

So, assuming no dual Keywords, and no duplicate boxes, it looks like Zoraida is gonna break the "rules", and change native faction, with Spawn Mother and Gupps being the only pairing remaining.

Doesn't sit right (especially given it's two Henchmen, not a dealbreaker but...), but I guess there's nothing to do but wait.

Well I've bought Amphibious Assault and Waldgeists boxes now, so lets hope for something else! (incidentally, has anyone tried buying odd models through a store yet? [wyard said this would be an option])

[edit] Looking through that list, back through the thread, and a crew builder, Bokor look like most likely option. 'Big VooDoo' ties them into Zoradia nicely, and means the rest of the box can stay the same.

47 minutes ago, MrPieChee said:

...(incidentally, has anyone tried buying odd models through a store yet? [wyrd said this would be an option])...

I am absolutely waiting until the dust of the M3e release settles before trying individual-models-from-a-pack orders.

• Agree 2

12 hours ago, MrPieChee said:

Well I've bought Amphibious Assault and Waldgeists boxes now, so lets hope for something else! (incidentally, has anyone tried buying odd models through a store yet? [wyard said this would be an option])

[edit] Looking through that list, back through the thread, and a crew builder, Bokor look like most likely option. 'Big VooDoo' ties them into Zoradia nicely, and means the rest of the box can stay the same.

The only model people could even try this with at this point is the Fire Golem

6 hours ago, santaclaws01 said:

The only model people could even try this with at this point is the Fire Golem

Rather the only special order option would be Burning bridges without the fire golem (I think. I've not checked everything)

9 minutes ago, Adran said:

Rather the only special order option would be Burning bridges without the fire golem (I think. I've not checked everything)

Oh right, had it reversed in my head. Well, since the box is mostly new models, there's nothing out right now that can be custom ordered. (youko and basse are the only other released boxes atm)

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, santaclaws01 said:

No way they're seperating gupps from the spawn mother. My money is on waldgeist or gators.

mama = spawn mother 😉

The reason I think Waldgeist or Gators won't be in that box is they are also versatile/Fae; including them in the Zoraida's core box would force players to buy that box to get them or having 2 SKUs for them.

3 minutes ago, Ogid said:

The reason I think Waldgeist or Gators won't be in that box is they are also versatile/Fae; including them in the Zoraida's core box would force players to buy that box to get them or having 2 SKUs for them.

That's not without precedent though. Arcanist box "Burning Bridges" has 2 Wildfire models and 1 Wildfire/Elemental model. Somewhat annoying if you're an Elemental player.

Anyway, we already know Gators are in a box with McTavish ("See You Later").

Yeah, the golem there isn't good for Sandeep players. They could had swaped the 3 gamins with the firebranded and Elijah; make the core box a bit more expensive and burning bridges a bit cheaper. There are other some dual keyword boxes out of there, the new howling box for example with Rougarous and Bultungin; that's a great box for Fae but Savage got the short end of the stick. 

But in general Wyrd seems to try to avoid these scenarios, so in this case mama + grupps seems the best bet.

1 hour ago, Ogid said:

mama = spawn mother 😉

Oops. But I doubt that Zoraida is going to lose Juju. And it wouldn't be the only box that mixes keywords. Zoraida players need to buy Zipp if they want the first mate.

1 hour ago, santaclaws01 said:

Oops. But I doubt that Zoraida is going to lose Juju. And it wouldn't be the only box that mixes keywords. Zoraida players need to buy Zipp if they want the first mate.

I didn't realized the first mate was in that box 😒, that's a shame! I'm interested in him but not in the rest of Zipp's creed...

My bet were more Zoraida + totem + Juju + Mama + 3 grupps... however it's true the core boxes only bring 1 henchman so... maybe Juju could be sold in its own box...

• 3 weeks later...