Caedrus

2019 Monthly Painting Challenge - July

Quick update on my end: Flying piglets are pretty well done but for some basing and deciding if I want to green stuff them some pirate hats. Bad Juju just needs better eyes and a touch up or two on his water effects. I'm stepping up my lighting work on the Hooded Rider and pretty pleased with it so far.

Thoughts?

large.image-20190702_215858.jpg.cbb390239b45104e5ffc2a407bcd4d4c.jpglarge.JPEG_20190708_221430.jpg.1a47de23399711e0250202704f6f8e60.jpg

• Like 8

Finally done with this little... so-and-so.

I'll transplant him to a new base after varnishing. Think he probably looks better than previously but will remain one of my white whale models.

XxxNb2ll.jpg

1KWHRSal.jpg

7x4RVTil.jpg

WvHOARol.jpg

• Like 6

Thanks @Caedrus they're from the demented games twisted line of steampunk models.  They got a lot of good possible alts.  I just ordered a mummy to use as an alt kabuki for my mccabe crew from them :)

• Like 1

@Caedrus I'm unfortunately going to have to mulligan for June as well (my second and last mulligan).

I'm hoping to get back on the wagon with some more Urami but I''m also doing a repeat of last years 24 hour painting competition this month so I should at least be able to finish this months pledge. I consider bringing my Experimental crew to the painting competition. Last year I managed just over 50 stones finished so we'll see how this year goes.

• Like 1

On 7/10/2019 at 3:58 AM, Caedrus said:

I like painting these ones, mostly because their hats, and the red colour, remind me of the Spanish Inquisitors

Indeed it reminds me of  Catholic Cardinals because of the hat and the purple red of the robe. Great mini anyway: the golden details are perfect with the palette you used.

• Thanks 1

Rat kings done! 

@Caedrus That's 14 SS for July 

ssQobqT.jpg

Cr2aMTi.jpg

Was fun to paint the lñeather, was a pain in the ass to "detail" the rats :D

I forced the green glow in the base to match the rest of the Hamelin crew, i like how it looks though 

@Boomstick who's this guy carrying an alligator on his backpack?

• Like 3