Missing cards

NeilH

7 minutes ago, S4lt said:

Or a new player will try playing nekima and wonder why she doesn't have a totem and the crew doesn't work. Or why Neverborn have fewer masters than other factions. 

If the rules are ready it would be better all round if they were released digitally. 

It would be better for all T.Os and all players. New or existing. Not sure why people would argue against that.

New player confusion is a legit point, and could be addressed with a page indicating which masters are fully available, and which ones are pending.

New players are in a bit of a weird spot in general now, since Faction Packs aren't really going to help them, and they can only get two 3E masters now. Seems like there's going to be a couple months of waiting until 3E is properly ready for newcomers.

The tournament griping, on the other hand, I don't think that matters at all.

To be fair their webpage is also going to contribute to the confusion. Their 3E master write ups are completely out of date. Seamus still listed as having lay in wait. Pandora still showing misery as a dmg if you cheat fate. I know they are super slammed, but if new player confusion is a concern that really needs to get updated.

• Agree 1

57 minutes ago, S4lt said:

It would be better for all T.Os and all players. New or existing. Not sure why people would argue against that.

Given I picked up these models yesterday and have two packs of Nephilim in transit I'd be happy argue against this stance.  

You are always going to be able to build a strong argument around a theoretical "new player" that would is inexplicably well informed about the massive range of printed models cards they only started looking at 5 days ago but not know about half a dozen unpublished stat cards that are critical to several popular crews.   

This theoretical new player that needs protecting from the theoretical negative impact of facing a model they're not familiar with, that may need an explanation at the table ( the same explanation happening on almost every other table, as real players constantly face stuff they are not familiar with in a new edition)  

to avoid that theoretical "new player" problem until I guess the faction books are released.  At which point the same table explanation has to occur because the  theoretical "new player" is probably not insane and hasn't bought all of the faction books so hasn't got direct access to every stat card.

the whole bases for this problem, other than the messy nature of the situation couldn't be more spurious.

FE66C5FE-5E39-463E-AC6A-0EBB10DB850C.jpeg

• Agree 1

40 minutes ago, Nathan Caroland said:

Eh, it'll be updated next week - didn't dare make the fellas work their weekend (we're a Monday - Thursday group) to get it finished up.

Are you saying that the missing cards will be updated? So that I can have a blood piggie to puke up corpses, looking suspiciously like a pukeworm until such time as the Wyrd powers-that-be release God-Empress Nekima's box? 
EDIT: Nevermind, you were referring to the website. Carry on -_-

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kharnage said:

Are you saying that the missing cards will be updated? So that I can have a blood piggie to puke up corpses, looking suspiciously like a pukeworm until such time as the Wyrd powers-that-be release God-Empress Nekima's box? 

I'm prepared to believe Nathan can see the depth of the issue and is going to spring into action.  Is it possible to put alerts on Dropbox for when Nathan pushes that button?

1 minute ago, Tapdancer said:

I'm prepared to believe Nathan can see the depth of the issue and is going to spring into action.  Is it possible to put alerts on Dropbox for when Nathan pushes that button?

Didn’t we all just prove how unnecessary that would be, especially in regards to Dropbox? 😆

7 minutes ago, Kharnage said:

Until then, you’ll play Hoffman and like it, soldier!

On 6/28/2019 at 7:24 PM, Nathan Caroland said:

Eh, it'll be updated next week - didn't dare make the fellas work their weekend (we're a Monday - Thursday group) to get it finished up.

Nathan could you confirm if the above post refers to updating the out of date web content or Wyrd taking some further action on the unreleased stat cards that are negatively impacting competitive play?  The post has been referenced by a TO regards an imminent tournament, effectively to see if Wyrd fix the problem.  Would be be helpful to know either way as players are having to make commitments regards attendance 

On 6/28/2019 at 9:04 PM, Kharnage said:

So that I can have a blood piggie to puke up corpses, looking suspiciously like a pukeworm until such time as the Wyrd powers-that-be release God-Empress Nekima's box?

Like a pukeworm? Mine looks more like a horned bouncer with hooves...