Spilling Tea

Jesy Blue

So, I've just discovered a small flaw in the Qi & Gong crew.  The Distracted condition, the crews major defence, is unaffected by Shockwaves. 

Distracted +X: Actions that target enemy models suffer a negative flip to the duel. After resolving such an action, reduce this Condition by one.

Shockwaves just have a TN, they don't target an enemy model. 

Against Freikorps .... it was bad.  Real bad.  They just kept targeting each other, healing each other, adding upgrades to each other, controlling each other to shoot more shockwaves, and just stacking up the Distracted, untouched.

It will probably be worse vs Wong.

I guess I'm gonna have to build a Versatile crew to use with Youko in case one of those Masters get picked.

Just a heads up to you tea house folks....

• Like 1

I wouldn’t say distracted is their only defence, in fact it’s not even their primary one.  Most of the crew only hands it out on triggers.  They aren’t Performers.

Youko pressures her opponent’s hand a lot, and the crew is pretty card efficient once you start gaining pass counters.  Running her aggressively (ideally with a bodyguard) should keep the number of shockwaves down.  In theory, anyways.   Even low target numbers need cheating sometimes.

Distracted is only really a defense for the geisha's and sort of the Kunoichi. Bill doesn't care about it too much, Youko has Serene Countenance, and the Warriros have Combat Finesse. Then there's Hinamatsu who is armor 2 and a henchman, and the bunraku who got armor, and Charm Warder's who have Chi.

So for the box Qi and Gong models, yeah freikorps are a bad match up for them, but they still have plenty of options within theme to deal with freikorps. Also not bunching up is the biggest defence against shockwaves, and if you detrsoy your opponent's hand they can't rely on shockwaves all the time.