Mr. Moustache aka Hulk Hogan aka Von Schill / M3E

Jafar

3 hours ago, Jesy Blue said:

I'd like a nice sneaky stealthy interact action/scheme manipulator saboteur ranger type of model.  something  outside the straight up damage & healing that they keyword is focused on.  a little more subtle.

Isn't a radio operator stepping on Dashel's toes?

I like the idea but it might be too similar to the scout to justify it's own model. Also with the uniform Freikorp attire you'd need something unique to make it stand out.

Regarding the Dashel similarities of a radio operator. I'm not too familiar with Dashels fluff but ruleswise they would be very different. I'd imagind the radio operator more as coordinating the other Freikorp (movement tricks) and buffing them due to shared information (focus?)

1 hour ago, Jafar said:

What new Freikorp model I want?

From look perspective:
- Some kind of mortar / heavy weapon
- Quartermaster with all new Freikorps upgrades equipment included in model: like riot shield in hands, rocket launcher on back, mines as part of base etc.

From rules perspective:
- card draw, for example when you discard, this model takes one dmg and you draw new one
- better scheme runner -cheaper + focused only on move / schemes, no need for armour etc.

My first idea was a mortal too but I'm pretty confident that Lazarus is that kind of mobile mortal weapon already.

Quartermaster would be an absolute flavour win and you could either make him give out equipment, trade it in for alternative effects ('Inspection') or give him something like an 'equipment training' bubble. Or any combination of those.

15 minutes ago, TheJoyInGaming said:

I want a Rambo-esq figure dual wielding flamethrowers.

I immediatly thought of those hulking dual-flamethrower Hydra soldiers in Captain America 1.

Release the Kraken xD

- Chief Engineer (henchman) good focused ranged damage (no more blasts/shockwaves) like Aeteric Gatling Gun 2/4/6 with Rapid Fire/Onslaught/both, maybe puncture, armor piercing... then supporting actions, like Welding Torch (can heal every non-minion Freikorps) with supporting triggers like Preparations, Burn Out (only friendly) or give shielded. Also a support bonus action, like providing Focus in a pulse, or concealing aura, or some trick.

- Sergeant/Officer (Henchman) basically a support controller. With average attacks (although they could have some kind of Coordinated Attack/Shot) and support effects, mostly on the movement side (pushes, only-friendly-obeys, etc)

- The Lone Scout (enforcer) a scout with Execute on the rifle, bonus action to drop Pit Traps, and some kind of forage, like drawing cards from markers, or that kind of stuff.

- Assault Korps (minion) a Sawed-Off Shotgun with a Bayonet, and an Assault Shield, a minion model to go face to face. Some in-built (or not) defense trigger to reduce their protection ("inmediately, this model gains shielded +1"?) And the option (trigger) of stab+shoot.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Zebo said:

Release the Kraken xD

- Chief Engineer

- Sergeant/Officer

- The Lone Scout 

- Assault Korps

That reads like some tasty upgrades to Freikorp models. No matter how sweet some of those sound though (Love the forage and the obeying friendly models military style) - I'd guess that they are too close in concept to the existing range of Freikorp models which might be a nono.

10 hours ago, Zebo said:

Release the Kraken xD

- Chief Engineer (henchman) good focused ranged damage (no more blasts/shockwaves) like Aeteric Gatling Gun 2/4/6 with Rapid Fire/Onslaught/both, maybe puncture, armor piercing... then supporting actions, like Welding Torch (can heal every non-minion Freikorps) with supporting triggers like Preparations, Burn Out (only friendly) or give shielded. Also a support bonus action, like providing Focus in a pulse, or concealing aura, or some trick.

- Sergeant/Officer (Henchman) basically a support controller. With average attacks (although they could have some kind of Coordinated Attack/Shot) and support effects, mostly on the movement side (pushes, only-friendly-obeys, etc)

- The Lone Scout (enforcer) a scout with Execute on the rifle, bonus action to drop Pit Traps, and some kind of forage, like drawing cards from markers, or that kind of stuff.

- Assault Korps (minion) a Sawed-Off Shotgun with a Bayonet, and an Assault Shield, a minion model to go face to face. Some in-built (or not) defense trigger to reduce their protection ("inmediately, this model gains shielded +1"?) And the option (trigger) of stab+shoot.

Dude.. Wyrd needs to listen here O.O these would be super cool even modified 

• 2 weeks later...

I agree that a "sergeant" type of model would be cool, since it would complete the "chain of command". Maybe giving out commands that only affects minions and gets a bonus/is easier to pass if they are freikorps. Also a good chance to make a bit more combat-oriented "Freikorpsmann". Something to the effect of...

FREIKORPS SERGEANT

cost: 7 Health 7

Df 5 Wp 6 Mv 5 Sz 2 
Armor +1

Ruthless

Well trained disciples: When a friendly minion within 3" declares an action printed on an equipment upgrade, it may discard a card to gain :+flipto its duel and any subsequent damage flip.

Grit (hardened): when this model has half of its maximum health or less, reduce all damage it suffers by 1

Attack actions:
Clockwork revolver: :ranged12" Stat: 5 Rst: Df
target suffers 2/3/5 damage
:ramCritical strike

Sword: :melee1" Stat: 5 Rst Df
target suffers 2/3/5 damage
:ramcritical strike
:maskCoordinated attack: another friendly model may take a :meleeaction targeting the same model
:crowGrudge: target gains adversary (freikorps)

Tactical actions:

foul mouthed motivation: 6" Stat: 6 TN 13. other friendly minion only. This action receives +2 to its duel if the target is freikorps. Target heals 1 and gains focused +1

I've got your back: 0" Stat: 6 TN 10. target other engaged friendly model. place target in base contact with this model

2 hours ago, Ajatros said:

it may discard a card to gain :+flipto its duel and any subsequent damage flip.

General idea is nice, but Freikorps already have issues with cards, so next models that allows discarding is a bad idea. Instead, I would give something opposite, when model discards card or upgrade there is a bonus (card draw, shielded + 1, free push etc.)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jafar said:

General idea is nice, but Freikorps already have issues with cards, so next models that allows discarding is a bad idea. Instead, I would give something opposite, when model discards card or upgrade there is a bonus (card draw, shielded + 1, free push etc.)

Perhaps when an upgrade is discard within 4”:aurayou can draw a card?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, psychogeek said:

What’s wrong with his current gun?

I feel that the Scout doesn’t have that unique of a role within he Freikorps and as such it is not worth the opportunity cost of hiring one vs something else. His claim to fame is that he has a more reliable gun in that it ignores Cover, Friendly Fire, and Concealment. The damage track is very average at 2/3/5 though so if you hit then you haven’t accomplished much. A better alternative for that damage is a Librarian. She has less range but is not hindered by the gun icon, can build in her suits for blasts and much needed card draw, and can move friendlies around. 

Even at the same Soulstone cost it is hard to reach for the Scout. For example, the Engineer can boast a more threatening :rangedwith min damage 3 because he can build in Critical Strike, albeit at 2” less range. When the Engineer is not busy shooting people he can also buff his allies whilst cycling a card and has a melee attack that can ignore armor, or give out injured. Again, why choose a Scout when he is so vanilla and mediocre in design when compared to these other options that provide much more to the crew.

My proposed errata of an additional trigger, or additional attack action, to give out Adversary would help with the Crew’s resource drain. The proposed errata to immediately attach an upgrade after deployment means he can at least begin threatening with a Rocket Launcher Turn 1 without forcing Von Schill to devote Actions to upgrade him. Each of these proposals make him a little more thematic in my opinion as well.

Yeah, Scouts are hard to make them worth, and really not sure what they role should be.

Maybe "Draw out Secrets" on ther gun would make of them good scheme runners, or some kind of movement trick, but the real problem I've found with them if to keep them alive long enough. 

One fun  option would be to give them the "Create Trap" tactical bonus action and see them disrupt the middle of the field. (This would make them a little bit extra difficult to reach and engage, and would help a little with their survivability) 

Condition removal.... one of our factions weaknesses.  Although in a the Corps we fair better.

Hannah & Drachen to remove conditions... maybe hire in Johan if you feel froggy.  Try to keep the Trunk safer cause you're gonna need it.

Iggy & Candy are your priority targets.

The maximum you CAN place in a 5 turn game if you're truly dedicated is 50 (between uses of Freikorpsmann holding onto the Equipment and multiple copying).

Honestly, you'll probably need no more than 10.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Maybe it's limited meta or Von Schill crew itself, but I always end with ~90% same crew. VS, Arik, Hannah, Librarian, F-man, Engineer, depending on schemes/enemy- drachen / scout /prospector ......

Do you have same lists or I am just too much in VS comfort zone? 

Alpha Mike Foxtrot (Outcasts)
Size: 50 - Pool: 6
Leader:
  Von Schill
Totem(s):
  Steam Trunk
Hires:
  Arik Schöttemer
  Hodgepodge Emissary
  Freikorpsmann
  Freikorpsmann 2
  Freikorps Librarian
  Freikorps Librarian 2

I will swap out Freikorpsmanns & a single Librarian for scenario specific things (Scout, Drachen, Lazarus, Engineer, 3rd Freikorpsmann, [I still don't own Hannah], etc) or versatile and out of keyword tech pieces like Hans, Johan(a), Mad Dog, or Void Wretches.

But yeah, generally the same concept, but not same crew build.

On 11/5/2019 at 7:42 AM, Jafar said:

From look perspective:
- Some kind of mortar / heavy weapon

This would be cool. You going do a have weapons team that summons a freikorpsmann as a demise ability. 

On 10/23/2019 at 10:54 AM, Zebo said:

In the beta, I suggested many times that they felt underwhelming, but they keep their "no-role" profile.

I'm surprised to hear this. I hate facing them honestly. Ignoring cover, friendly fire and concealment is good for taking out squishy backline units. Quick retreat and built in reposition triggers makes them annoyingly slippery too.

3 hours ago, Thatguy said:

I'm surprised to hear this. I hate facing them honestly. Ignoring cover, friendly fire and concealment is good for taking out squishy backline units. Quick retreat and built in reposition triggers makes them annoyingly slippery too.

The fact is that they're like a weird mix. Honestly, for 1ss less a Freikorpsmann is a bit better at killing thanks to "Reference the Field Guide", although they ignore terrain defense traits when shooting. 

They can be deployed at the better places, but that makes them a primary objective and, as they use to play isolated, they're quite easy to kill. You cannot count on them taking a good scoring place and holding it. Usually they would not be alive at the end of the second turn. 

I've played a lot against Bushwacker and I know it's a pain to have a model threatening, but at the end they end doing a lot less than expected. 

At least in my case. I play at least one in every list, and never feel they worth (but still keep trying).