Ezuma

In your experience of M3e thus far,  who stands out to you as the most engaging and rewarding master or set of masters? DMH ecluded, (sorry Collodi and Lilith)

I'm slowly working my way through my collection (I don't own Marcus, Zoraida or Euripides), so far having tried Titania a few times, and Lucius and Dreamer each in a good number of games. In practice, Lucius is as entertaining as he has always been to me (even before he was any good), and I very much love new Dreamer, and my win ratio with him suggests he might even be stronger. 

Of the crews I haven't taken to the field yet, Pandora stands out to me as potentially interesting, whereas Nekima seems a bit straight forward for my tastes, although I own all the models so will no doubt try her out. 

So, based on your own experience which master/masters are your pick? Which combos? 

Zoraida currently is the master im enjoying most, she's more than a summoner for me and her keyword stuff is great and can do a variety of jobs. 

Otherwise, most of the masters in NB have been good fun and interesting, with my 2 other favourites being lucius for being great for frustrating opponents, and Pandy for the surprises she brings and aesthetics :)

Like everyone is saying, Nekima is the most straight forward but still fun, and dreamer has a lot of damage output and movement shenanigans 

God-Empress Nekima, savior of Nephilim-kind, continues to be the most fun, successful neverborn master I play. I've tried Dreamer, Pandora, Zoraida, Lucius, Marcus, and fought Titania, and she still comes out on top for me. The damage output, mobility, ease of use, and cool factor of the vampire demon tribe all in one just win out for me. 

Long may she reign! 

• Like 1

Pandora is number one for me. I've always loved her and being able to play her withoilut getting hateful looks for paralysing things is fantastic. 

That said I think all the neverborn masters looks fun and strong this edition, which is fantastic. Especially looking forward to trying a giant crew, after I've forked over my lifesavings for all the 50mm models :D

I don't think Nekima is as straightforward as people thinks, I'd say you can do just as many shenanigans with that crew as with a Titania or Euripides crew. 

Fly with me by itself gives the crew a ton of interesting options. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

17 hours ago, Angelshard said:

I don't think Nekima is as straightforward as people thinks, I'd say you can do just as many shenanigans with that crew as with a Titania or Euripides crew. 

Fly with me by itself gives the crew a ton of interesting options. 

glad to hear she has some depth, I've got all the models anyway so I might as well give her a shot

I think Titania is our most powerful master in M3 due to how good shooting/focus seems to be.  She can at least mitigate the attack to a straight flip with her trees and most of her crew is HTW so usually keeps the damage flip at a negative.

She is one the best ways to deal with HTK and can pretty easily move a model 4 inches in a turn if she stones for (or has) a high crow on her attack.  Her attack is pretty nuts at range and she has that great "Never a severe" aura as well.

She actually makes our Emissary work and really most stuff in her keyword is just plain good (Rougarou with Inhuman Reflexes).

I think she's quite strong unless it's a corner deployment, you need speed type of scenario.

I've played games with Fae & Nephilim and found them both quite interesting and enjoyable. Titania has lots of tricks with Underbrush, placing and as said, just a solid crew.

Nephilim might look straight forward, but there's actually a lot of depth in there as speed/positioning is king and these monsters have it in spades. Games will be played on your terms and they can kind of do what they want. Also, running Nekima & Lilith together is a blast!

3 hours ago, Ludvig said:

@Da Git

Do you think the nephilim win out over Marcus in mobility and flexibility? They seem to get locked down as soon as they get into combat while the beasts can leap away or push out even after being locked in combat. 

I think the answer is yes and no, depending on your builds. Marcus with 2 cats-with-wings is hard to beat, but the nephilim are generally more mobile overall.

2 hours ago, Hawkoon said:

I think the answer is yes and no, depending on your builds. Marcus with 2 cats-with-wings is hard to beat, but the nephilim are generally more mobile overall.

The beasties (well mostly arcanist beasts I guess) can bounce in and out of combat at will all through the game and Marcus gives them pretty good early game mobility. The nephilim can help each other up the board really fast but once they're in combat you need to kill the engaging model or use a lure before you can get out again. Now I know the nephilim probably want to kill stuff to grow but I was thinking more from a scheming perspective now that disengaging has gotten worse. A wisp locked in combat can ambush to go scheme while a tot or hound can't get out and interact that turn without getting help. 

Either way I'm looking forward to playing both crews, I was just interested in that specific comparison.

37 minutes ago, Ludvig said:

A wisp locked in combat can ambush to go scheme

Ambush: If this model is not in Concealing Terrain, it must discard a card. If this model is not engaged, it may move up to 3".

Meanwhile, a tot can ditch a card to have the disengaging strike affect a nearby friendly Nephilim instead, and he'll just waltz out. No interaction that turn, but still. 

In my experience, Nephilim can either avoid combat well enough to go run schemes (high move flight with a teamwork-oriented psuedo-leap mechanic, though it doesn't work while engaged, is really good) or they planned on only leaving once they've carved the foe up in the first place. Most of my "I would like to leave now" power comes from Shove Aside if I'm engaged, but the big Nephilim have 2 inch reach which seems outside of a couple keywords, pretty rare, which between that and Butterfly Jump off of Inhuman Reflexes can mean that we can usually just leave whenever we feel like. 

As for Marcus and his beasties, the specific models are super fast, but he can only hand out two instances of Flight at a time, and his cohesive mobility ends up not being nearly as impressive in my experience. The big cats run off and maul things and Miranda/Marcus/Whoever didn't get wings just kind of, huffs after them. Mostly because he has tactical actions he wants to take, that actually take AP away from moving rather than adding to movement. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I was basically going to say what @Kharnage said above. Marcus can achieve pretty speedy results in Arcanists with 2 of either Cerberus or swap one for Blessed of December, 1 Arachnid swarm with Magical training, 1 Blessed of December (or a second Arachnid swarm) and 2 Drills, but in NB, there's no way he can achieve the whole-crew speed that Nephilim can do. The crew I play, every model bar 1-2 has Flight & Fly With Me and they just run rings around any crew I've faced so far. Inhuman Reflexes is amazing to get out of sticky situations, I usually put 1 one my master & maybe a second on my Mature (or another Master).

A crew I've been playing around with is:

image.png.94b750113edec61f24a7959ea1edf490.png

Everything is super fast, first turn Mature brings Angel Eyes into a good shooting position, then everything else is just divide and conquer and catch-me-if-you-can!

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Gnomezilla said:

You haven’t tried bringing armored crews against nephilim. :P *hugs the nearest Vent Steam generator*

I thought the black blood would handle armour. I haven't gotten a game in for months. I'll be starting m3e as a complete noob.

5 minutes ago, Ludvig said:

I thought the black blood would handle armour. I haven't gotten a game in for months. I'll be starting m3e as a complete noob.

I thought the black blood was handling the armor quite well enough myself! Think the point was to try to snipe one of my little buddies off the table altogether for the activation advantage.

• Haha 1