Waldo's Weekly - Meaner Than a Junkyard Dog

mattc

• mattc changed the title to Waldo's Weekly - Meaner Than a Junkyard Dog

Nice art but imho too close to the former one for Levi. I preferred the previous Levi.

For Alice I like both arts. This one is new and different.

The waives are very similar to their previous art I think.

The scavengers are too neat and clean for my taste but not bad per se (they just lack flavour). Or perhaps I was expecting some Jawas 😛

What exactly is the one in the middle doing? It seems that he is waiting for the opponent to come but in that case his shotgun is in a poor position for the fight... Or maybe he is just having the tourista which can happen to the best of us :D.

Holy Diver.... the art.

Leveticus was off my radar until this very moment. I need this crew, the whole crew, in my life!

Also.... does Levi's equipment remind anyone of the big sisters from Bioshock 2? (Although I guess the old art sort of did that too).

Going to have to paint Marlena (who suddenly got on my "to buy" list) as a little sister.

• Agree 1

Wow, I really love this art. I was a big fan of m2e Levi, and this just feels like an update/upgrade of that. Alice's pose feels so much more in character than her previous incarnation (BOOM! Headshot!), and Levi looks older and more decrepit, in keeping with his recent problems. Ohhh, I can't wait to pick these up.

Oh, and @yool1981, I think the middle scavvie looks like he's crouching over some loot and trying to intimidate someone/thing else to back off. Dunno if it'll work, given his stats, but still. If you've ever seen a cornered animal with its hackles raised, it reminds me a lot of that. More important to show off your weapons than to actually use them.

52 minutes ago, Sol_Sorrowsong said:

Anyone else seeing "the snap"?

Edit: Also, does the card have a misprint on essence transfer "...to a maximum of 4 or (half) its current health, whichever is lower."  I feel like the word "half" was omitted by accident.

I don’t think it’s missing the word half.  (The graphic agrees with last known beta version.)  If the target has more than 4 wounds remaining, it will up to to 4 damage.  If the target has four wounds or less, it won’t do more than it has remaining.

You’re supposed to be able to kill off the friendly model, just not overkill it.  :) (Because if you could make a model with 1 wound remaining suffer 4 damage, you’d be able to heal that 4.)

12 hours ago, J4bberw0ck said:

Oh, and @yool1981, I think the middle scavvie looks like he's crouching over some loot and trying to intimidate someone/thing else to back off. Dunno if it'll work, given his stats, but still. If you've ever seen a cornered animal with its hackles raised, it reminds me a lot of that. More important to show off your weapons than to actually use them.

Well the last time I was threaten by a knife (quite frankly it just happened once to me so perhaps not all thugs are the same :D), it was pointed towards me in a position allowing for a quick strike in case I tried to go after the guy. It makes absolutely no sense to try to scare someone away in the position chosen by the artist.

I have never been threatened by a gun but from what I have told, it is also pointed right at you. But I am not American so I know less about guns :D

• Haha 2

You’re both overlooking the giant rucksack and possible ‘I’m going to tip over like a turtle on its back if I don’t counter-balance myself while getting back up to a standing position after scrounging’ stance. Which I like. These scavengers’ poses have a little bit more of a story to them, at least the boys do. Hope the strange blades are enough to visually distinguish them from bandits. The girl isn’t visually distinct unless she is hiding something on her back.

The waifs are very effective with their little touches of wrongness (someone asked if they were floating—I’m adopting that) and stockinged feet. Alyce I like—on her that silly tailcoat makes sense, and I’m happy she is back to menacing things with bullets. Leveticus is good art but something about that high collar/tanks high on the shoulder is personally rubbing me very much the wrong way and I won’t use this one without doing something about it, once I figure out what it is.

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, Saduhem said:

Holy Diver.... the art.

Leveticus was off my radar until this very moment. I need this crew, the whole crew, in my life!

Also.... does Levi's equipment remind anyone of the big sisters from Bioshock 2? (Although I guess the old art sort of did that too).

Going to have to paint Marlena (who suddenly got on my "to buy" list) as a little sister.

What’s a Bioshock?