8wGremlin

Fun Finds, Broken Combinations, and wyrdness

When I was looking at my Commander Character: I noticed this weird interaction:

Forgotten Lore (into the bayou) , a general talent that gives you a powerful grimoire (3 Magia and 3 Immuto)
+
Let Me Show You (core rules), a general talent which lets you teach another character a general talent for the day. 

So with those 2 talents you can let anyone have a grimoire for a day, every day, and change it each time?

What other wyrd combinations have you found. 

A fun interaction in my current game involves the Performer and Criminal pursuits.

(Ideal circumstances ofc)

Start of combat, Performer makes a Music check, this counts as 'performing in any manner' therefore a "Distracting Performance" which provides nearby allies (+) to Deceive, Pickpocket and Stealth (bonus points if you hit the Music Trigger (rams) 'Marching Tune' that allows allies to become Fast)

A Criminal who is step 9 on the pursuit chain and has chosen "Dirty Trick" and "Shock & Awe" then performs a Trick action with a (+) (as it uses Deceive); which can trigger "Dirty Trick" providing a free attack if in range. With Shock & Awe the benefits of a successful Trick are also given to nearby allies.

End result: All nearby Fated are Fast and have (+) to Attacks, (+) to Damage, and (+) to Defense flips against a chosen enemy. High levels are a blast in this game!

Triggered Immuto: The character chooses one of her Manifested Powers, an Immuto, and a suit. The chosen Manifested Power gains a Trigger for that suit with the Immuto's effect, without changing  the TN of the Manifested Power.

The Triggered Immuto Talent (step 1 and step 7 of the Mage Pursuit) confused me at first, because it seemed fairly useless stacked up against the last paragraph of New Manifestation

New Manifestation: ...Alternatively the character may add a single Immuto to one of her existing Manifested Power spells, without changing the TN of the manifested Power.

It took a while for me to notice the difference in wording, so I thought I'd mention it here in case anyone else had missed it. Triggered Immuto can be applied to Any Manifested Power, Including the unique ones offered by other Pursuits, that can lead to all sorts of fun and interesting interactions.

On 6/23/2019 at 4:54 PM, Ebb said:

Triggered Immuto: The character chooses one of her Manifested Powers, an Immuto, and a suit. The chosen Manifested Power gains a Trigger for that suit with the Immuto's effect, without changing  the TN of the Manifested Power.

The Triggered Immuto Talent (step 1 and step 7 of the Mage Pursuit) confused me at first, because it seemed fairly useless stacked up against the last paragraph of New Manifestation

New Manifestation: ...Alternatively the character may add a single Immuto to one of her existing Manifested Power spells, without changing the TN of the manifested Power.

It took a while for me to notice the difference in wording, so I thought I'd mention it here in case anyone else had missed it. Triggered Immuto can be applied to Any Manifested Power, Including the unique ones offered by other Pursuits, that can lead to all sorts of fun and interesting interactions.

A tad off topic, but triggered immutability also great if you need more control over a certain spell “such as more or less damage” and can reliably hit a trigger.