Some bits and bobs about M3E going forward ...

49 minutes ago, Nathan Caroland said:

Nope - we sent out boatloads of the product. Of course, considering the number of distributors coming back saying 'we under estimated our sales' and reordering, I wouldn't be surprised if the distributor themselves ran out and didn't allocate. 

Who is the distributor?

ACD.

1 hour ago, Nathan Caroland said:

Welp, we'll give them a gentle 'told ya so' and an order form. :)

K. They're saying it's a problem on Wyrd's end. It's thrown a huge wrench in our release event plans (as has Alliance's (who is also saying the problem was on Wyrd's end with late shipping) failure to get most of the midwest's stock into stores for tons of others). I'm sure this is annoying for you guys at Wyrd, but as someone who's been hustling to keep his community alive for the last year, to keep product on shelves as our store has considered removing Malifaux due to sales flatlining after the 3e announcement, and scrambling to get everything ready for a big release event this weekend on promises that everything would be in our hands today, none of which I'm getting compensated for in any way, just out of love of the game, I'm extremely frustrated and exhausted. I don't know where the miscommunication is coming from but it is getting really old. 

You're not the only one frustrated.

To be fair quite a few of the distributors under estimated what their sells would be. We're already hearing of allocations and we've also got several restocks. 

There was a delay in shipping as stated with the water main outback but other than the West coast which we were surprised about anyway because apparently it was shipped from hub to hub before it went to the warehouse, everyone should have gotten it and more than enough time.

Alliance Midwest quite bluntly it was bad timing because they were refurbishing and resetting up their warehouse they made no information available to us about that at all until after the fact.

I'll put it this way - the fact that the UK has gotten their product and to the stores when everything was sent out at the same time tells you where some of the issues are.

So yes things have been smoother absolutely, but it's a bevy b******* at this point. At the end of the day everybody is going to point one way or another - we're just going to focus on making the game and getting it out to everybody and hopefully things will smooth out.

While we cannot control what every distributor does or how they process inventory we will work with everyone and do our best to improve the practices and make certain product getss to where it needs to be.

• Like 5

Some frank honesty like I have come to expect from Nathan. Either way I am sure Wyrd has done their best even with trying circumstances. I am sure a ton of people stopped collecting once M3E was leaked for fear of what was to come. I don't think Wyrd could have handled a who edition change any better. First they didn't screw over the majority of peoples collections of models even going back to first edition. Second they released all the cards and rules for free making barrier to the new edition none existent and a no brainer (looking at you GW). Hell you even leaked your own rules early which I am sure helped out those with launch tournaments this weekend. Third you where honest about what was being delayed on release and why. Can't really ask to much more from Wyrd at this point.... other than to release Bayou Bash 😛

• Like 5
  • Agree 2

Is there any further information on ordering of boxes with new and old models mixed and being able to only order the new ones? (the big fiery b**#*rd I'm thinking of mainly right now in Burning bridges) 

Will is be a direct with Wyrd sale? 

Also... Gen Con Nightmare crew clues?? I'm sure a lot are eager for info, I am!

Are there details about the partial Burning Bridges box set yet?

I'm sitting here with my Backdraft minis (Joshua Fitzsimmons, Fire Golem, 2 Saboteurs) and trying to figure out how to order a box without the Fire Golem in it.  And I'm half expecting to end up walking the friendly non-quite-local game store through figuring out which distributor to order from.  😕 

Disclaimer:  I live in the boonies.

okay so I pre-ordered some faction packs and the rulebook for me and my Group on a german online store. (fantasywelt.de)

right now it says "waiting for updated release date by the Producer". So it seems they have not yet received anything. I guess it's the fault of the Distributor which also didn't know anything about "Special orders". Anyway it's kinda annoying.

I'm not criticising wyrd btw. I have no insight in what is really happening. I just wanted to Report on how Things go in Germany.

2 hours ago, Davie said:

okay so I pre-ordered some faction packs and the rulebook for me and my Group on a german online store. (fantasywelt.de)

right now it says "waiting for updated release date by the Producer". So it seems they have not yet received anything. I guess it's the fault of the Distributor which also didn't know anything about "Special orders". Anyway it's kinda annoying.

I'm not criticising wyrd btw. I have no insight in what is really happening. I just wanted to Report on how Things go in Germany.

Some online stores are better than others at informing their customers.

For example, a month ago, Wayland still let you order Von Schill's box without having stocks inside their inventory and telling you on the website they refurbish was expected.

Meanwhile, Element games told you flat out that the product was no longer available.

So sometimes you have to go to several sources to find out what is the most likely truth.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, yool1981 said:

Some online stores are better than others at informing their customers.

For example, a month ago, Wayland still let you order Von Schill's box without having stocks inside their inventory and telling you on the website they refurbish was expected.

Meanwhile, Element games told you flat out that the product was no longer available.

So sometimes you have to go to several sources to find out what is the most likely truth.

I agree and I tried that. it's hard to find a german store that provides anything malifaux 3rd Edition however.

15 minutes ago, yool1981 said:

I think you should try the UK ones before Brexit happens :D

:D yeah I was thinking about that too but I'd like to Support my "local" stores and Shops. My Group and I will be Patient I guess. I mean, the rules and Cards have been published online. So we will have no Trouble playing the game !

6 minutes ago, Chewy0 said:

Have you contacted fantasywelt? 

several times on several Topics regarding the release, yes. I guess they have a dedicated inbox with my Name written on it by now :D

They have great customer support and answer pretty quickly. I don't think there is anything they can do to Speed Things up. I guess it comes down to how good/fast their Distributor is and apparantly it is not the best.

46 minutes ago, Pandoras Plaything said:

Just so you know, I’d be willing to pay more for a product made in the USA vs one from overseas. 

It maybe a consideration for future runs.....

Keeping the costs down is about more than the willingness of current players to pay specific prices. Just fyi.

14 hours ago, Strangedane said:

Any news on when we get the app, and can we use it to track conditions?:)

"The decision has been made for multiple reasons not to update the Bad Things Happen app to 3rd Edition, though it will still be available for those that continue to play 2E. We are currently working on a new application that will be available for IOS, Android, as well as web-based that will be provided to the community absolutely free. We expect the development to be completed within two to three months.  We will be opening it for testing in the forums here in the near future"

From the beginning of this thread