Is there only one Explorer's Society release at launch?

dope_danny

I have a friend whos been interested in the game for a while but when she read about the Explorers Society she kind of took it as the beginning of a 7th faction and being a huge fan of 'At the Mountains of Madness' jumped on them as a 'going where they shouldn't explorer type group and the one she wanted to order. But from what i've seen on the sites and stores taking preorders in my area -baring in mind no single store seems to be offering everything and only Wayland games was offering all 6 books for example- it looks like its just an addition to certain Guild models. So i recommended that maybe she might want to look into guild models that share the keywords once it comes out.

Is there anyone thus far outside the Crew Box which has the new Explorer's Society icon? and has Wyrd confirmed its a 7th faction? or just something tied into one of the other two games in the universe?

1 hour ago, dope_danny said:

Is there anyone thus far outside the Crew Box which has the new Explorer's Society icon? and has Wyrd confirmed its a 7th faction?

It has been confirmed as a faction.  It's listed in the rulebook, even.  :) (And one of the developers posted a picture of the page it's on.)

The other known box for the Explorers Society is Lucas McCabe's box.  (It's in the July releases, you have to scroll through the list for a bit to see it.)

Edit:  As far as "When are they getting their faction book, and when are the other models for that faction getting released?" those are all unanswered questions.

I imagine that everyone gets to find out which of the other existing models are grand fathered into the faction on the 28th, if they haven't spotted icons on any of the other boxes yet.  

17 minutes ago, solkan said:

I imagine that everyone gets to find out which of the other existing models are grand fathered into the faction on the 28th, if they haven't spotted icons on any of the other boxes yet.

As only masters and totems are dial faction now, I'd actually look for keywords that don't attach to any other known master. 

9 hours ago, dope_danny said:

I have a friend whos been interested in the game for a while but when she read about the Explorers Society she kind of took it as the beginning of a 7th faction and being a huge fan of 'At the Mountains of Madness' jumped on them as a 'going where they shouldn't explorer type group and the one she wanted to order. But from what i've seen on the sites and stores taking preorders in my area -baring in mind no single store seems to be offering everything and only Wayland games was offering all 6 books for example- it looks like its just an addition to certain Guild models. So i recommended that maybe she might want to look into guild models that share the keywords once it comes out.

Is there anyone thus far outside the Crew Box which has the new Explorer's Society icon? and has Wyrd confirmed its a 7th faction? or just something tied into one of the other two games in the universe?

We already have 7 factions. I don't know what Wyrd plans, but I wouldn't be surprised if the explorers society didn't really happen until book 2 where it became the 8th faction.

I expect you could use Basse and McCabe as explorers guild before then, but since there are no upgrades or Explorers guild models outside those 2, you would basically just be hiring on keyword.

• Agree 1

56 minutes ago, Dryzen said:

As an example of the above post, the ASYLUM keyword only has 4 models and no master. It's just dr.grimwell, hartsbane, the orderlys, and nurses.

Same with Half-Blood in Neverborn:  Angel Eyes, Tuco Ortega, Maurice, & Bloodwretches.