Non-Kill first, scheme later guild crews.

4thstringer

So looking at the guild, it still feels very "kill first, scheme later".   While this was the dominant playstyle last edition, in M3e it is unclear whether that will still be a primary play style in this edition. 

With that in mind, what themes do you feel avoid the kill first mentality in guild currently?

My thoughts are Nellie, hoffman and maybe lucius, but I am curious to see what other people are looking at.  The lack of don't mind me (which I think is limited to Nellie herself) and/or leap seems to me to make such a playstyle very difficult in M3e.   But if nothing else, I am often wrong, so I would love to get other people's opinions on this.

It looks to me like the kill first approach will generally be more common now that it looks a lot harder to score points late game with just a few outnumbered models like you could easily do before. 

Turf war went from two passive models scoring to heavily rewarding killing. Reckoning can no longer be done by killing a model here and there and using denial while scheming, you need to get in there and clear the damn board for your points. 

I think we will end up in a similar spot as early last edition: the schemes will be balanced around crews that spew markers out and the poor footslogging guild will lag behind because we have very few ultra-schemers. This time around we also pay an extra tax if we do try to go out of theme to get the few good cheme runners available. It might not be just guild either, I see a lot of themes with very few options in the scheme running department. 

We do have a  few themes that will deny schemes in an efficient manner. Dashel could have a field day in a scheme heavy pool (if you first kill the opposing big killer models to win the arms race). I see a lot of models in other factions that feed off various markers so I think at least killing the denial models will be a high priority. 

• Like 2