Crossroads seven

DanteJH

I've read a few battle reports using them as leaders, and they look interesting.

The choice of faction seems to offer a lot to this crew in the interactions between band members and others from that faction. I would expect most Crossroads 7 lists to contain 4-7 band members and then other models to either fill the gaps the band don't have or make horrendous combinations across factions that you don't normally have access to.

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, Adran said:

I've read a few battle reports using them as leaders, and they look interesting.

The choice of faction seems to offer a lot to this crew in the interactions between band members and others from that faction. I would expect most Crossroads 7 lists to contain 4-7 band members and then other models to either fill the gaps the band don't have or make horrendous combinations across factions that you don't normally have access to.

Some things that seem like they'd be important with regards C7, are

1) Which C7 benefits most from the extra AP? Henchmen as leader get a third AP).
2) Which faction has the best Effigy, and potentially best Emissary for the game you're about to play? Cause it's free for the former, and for the 2SS upgrade, easy to access for the latter.
3) As already mentioned, which faction's Upgrades, Versatiles and OOK's fit the game you're playing.

As @Adran said, the number of options C7 have available, is just nuts. I mean, it literally makes M2E Levi's hiring pool look relatively small. The only things properly prohibited are Masters (and their totems). That's like ~400 possible hires, in blocks of 50-60 or so. Not all are going to be great combinations, but still, it's something that'd normally be overlooked that'll smack someone upside the head in a game.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, DanteJH said:

Where does it say you can’t hire a second master for the 7 @Morgan Vening?

If you hire Crossroads 7 crew (as opposed to just sticking your one in-faction C7 model in your normal crew), that means you're hiring a Henchman as Leader.

pg42, Section E, third para.
"Any Master or Henchman can be chosen as a Leader, but Masters cannot be hired in Crews led by a Henchman Leader."

I've played several games with the C7. You really want to take about 5 of them in a crew. Pride, Wrath, and Envy are auto-takes as their auras are universally useful. The rest are counter-picks based on match up and strat/scheme. I like Pride as a leader as This Song is About You is incredible if you use it three times. Also hodepodge is a great support for them in both forms as healing is something the crew doesn't naturally have a lot of without sloth in a good counter-pick. I often take the top three sins, two counter-pick sins, the effigy with Fate, and then fill out points with scheme runners. I like Prospectors as they give you quite a few stones and this crew eats through stones like crazy. I've also had good use with the midnight stalker and ashes and dust.

• Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, Deathinabox said:

I've heard Envy makes a good leader but I have concerns about not being about to steal fast from enemies as he won't gain any benefit from having it, but I don't play arcanists so I haven't tried it

Could you give me a short description of each member? Don’t have access to the cards and I’m thinking of running them as bayou

2 hours ago, DanteJH said:

Could you give me a short description of each member? Don’t have access to the cards and I’m thinking of running them as bayou

Sure

Here's how the crew breaks down. They have several abilities shared by the entire crew. 

Resonance: Gain Focus +1 for starting near another C7. A nice happy bonus for playing the crew, don't forget about it.

Destructive Performance: Deals 3 damage to every enemy with a Sin Token in :new-Pulse:3 in exchange for a sin token from each. Can be passed to another member with the trigger: The Beat Goes On.

In addition, each model has a :aura6 to attach sin tokens to enemies who do a specific thing and a :aura6 to remove a sin token when an enemy does a specific thing to penalize them.

Pride: The Cheating Sin 

Attach: enemy cheats a flip Remove: cancel a cheat and discard the cheated card, the enemy cannot cheat that flip again.

Pride penalizes enemies for cheating and makes cheating more difficult. His bonus action Solo is amazing as it allows Pride and nearby friendlies to always cheat second. His attack, "This Song Is All About You" forces opponents to discard multiple cards or take irreducible damage and distracted. Everything this guy does is amazing.

Greed: The Soulstone Sin

Attach: enemy uses soulstone Remove: cancel soulstone use and gain a soulstone, enemy does not get soulstone back

Greed likes to go against soulstone users and bunched up enemies. Unchecked Avarice can deal an incredible amount of damage or no damage at all as its damage stacks with how many enemies are near the target. Great against crews with attuned (Witch Hunters, Arcanists) and bubble crews (Plague)

Lust: The Drawing Sin

Attach: enemy draws a card Remove cancel an enemy draw to draw that many cards.

Lust is a control piece. She finds it difficult to deal damage as most of her attack don't deal any damage but she hands out distracted like candy. Her main action is Now, Kiss which allows her to place enemies next to other enemies and possibly give both distracted.

Envy: The Condition Sin

Attach: Enemy gains a positive condition (Fast, Focus, Shielded) Remove: Cancel an enemy gaining a condition, Envy gains it instead

Envy is a ranged piece and can deal incredible amounts of damage with his Gatling Gun. He will add to the durability of your crew by pulling Focus off enemies that they will use to try to get around the crew's plentiful Manipulative ability.

Wrath: The Damaging Sin

Attach: Enemy damages a friendly with an attack action Remove: Change the target of an enemy attack to any other legal target (opponent still controls the attack)

Wrath is a bodyguard for the crew and a huge part of their survival plan. He can make sure the enemy is spreading out their hits so your sins all stay up longer. Besides that, he's a decent beater with a 2/4/5 damage tack and the Violent Ghosts bonus action

Gluttony: The Interacting Sin

Attach: Enemy declares an Interact Remove: Cancel a scheme marker placement and place a friendly scheme marker near the enemy

Gluttony is a scheme denier. He can cancel scheme marker placement and remove markers with his Maddening Drums attack. This can also remove terrain markers, making him useful against crews that use those such as Fae, Firebug, and December.

Sloth: The Healing Sin

Attach: Enemy heals Remove: Cancel a heal and heal a friendly near Sloth for the same amount

Sloth can be a huge problem for crews that rely on healing to stay up such as Amalgam and Nephilim. He will also pass out Slow with both his attacks and can emergency heal with Resting in the Blues, but his aura is the best thing about him. If your opponent is not running a lot of heals, he doesn't do a whole lot for the crew.

• Thanks 2

Here's the strategy I've picked up playing them. First off, recognize that you're a bubble crew. The C7 want to stay together so if you need to spread out, play someone else. Secondly, this crew eats soulstones like candy. You'll want a decent cache and likely someone who generates soulstones (Greed, Prospectors, Guardsmen, ect). You'll also want to take a versatile or OOK scheme runner. Keep an eye on sin tokens and try to kill models who don't have any as models with the tokens are heavily debilitated. Try to keep models in multiple auras as that severely limits that model's actions on its turn. 

• Thanks 1