September Release Speculation

Yew Arcane

19 minutes ago, Norken said:

I speculate that they'll release the rulebook and faction decks by September.

Considering that many players in my area already have their hands on them, you are correct. However, I know that's not what you mean, and your anger is not particularly constructive to this thread.

• Like 1

Considering that many players in my area don't have their hands on them, you are incorrect.

Look.  They said the 28th of June, and now it has become the 25th of July.  Wyrd's mouth wrote a check that they couldn't cash in full.  Until they deliver, the interest on that check is gonna get paid in jokes about their ability to deliver.  Speculating on when we'll actually get their missing product is fair speculation because many people legit don't know.

It is also pretty constructive.  Busted chops, or the desire to avoid them, makes the world turn.

• Respectfully Disagree 4

I would also check the list wyrd posted a while back, you would see they have said what boxes are changing or getting new sculpts (no specifics though). For example we know Perditas new box has no new models but now includes cute ole granny rather than her be in a second box (from the release listings). So we know there is a lot of amalgamation of current sculpt boxes. As for the rest of the releases I wouldn't be surprised if any are delayed. We have all seen what the political climate is with anything Chinese manufactured these days. I am thinking that it is causing some premature greying for a lot at wyrd.
https://www.wyrd-games.net/news/2018/12/12/waldos-weekly-i-am-the-keyword-master

On 7/3/2019 at 4:50 PM, Norken said:

It is also pretty constructive.  Busted chops, or the desire to avoid them, makes the world turn.

It certainly makes this forum turn. I laughed. :P

It just lost a lot of punch when you stuck an absolute onto it. Lots of places did have their stock come in (my FLGS has happily sold out of the decks which it had with some trepidation stocked without pre-orders) (except Bayou, anyone who’s burning for that deck immediately may PM me but I warn you these decks are surprisingly heavy and the shipping fee is going to suck).

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/3/2019 at 1:46 PM, Figgyfigs said:

I'm wondering if Ancient Evil isn't Minako and her summons? Is the Wanyudo ancient?

I'm hoping they release her as a separate pack, as I'd love to just buy the 10T half of that story box.

I agree. Maybe it's my Minako deprived Last Blossom crew, but it seems like it'd fit, price & name wise. I recall Minako having been described as fighting ancient evil, although perhaps not in those exact words. I'm not too deep into Malifaux fluff. Seems like a decent fit.

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/11/2019 at 1:34 PM, Yew Arcane said:

I apologize if anyone has posted about this already, but I love speculation and a forum search turned up nothing. The list has some things that are clear as to what they are, and others are a bit more... opaque (figuratively speaking of course). They are all supposed to have sculpts that are already released, but I can't seem to pin down what would be in the boxes.

WYR23115 Six Feet Under: Based on the code and name, likely to be a Marshal box.

WYR23116 Wake the Dead: Another Guild, also Marshal?

WYR23209 Surgical Staff: Resurrectionist, Experimental seems likely

WYR23217 Vengeful Ghosts: Resurrectionist, Urami is most likely

WYR23221 The Returned: Resurrectionist, I have no clue on this one to be honest 

WYR23223 Eternal Servitude: Resurrectionist, Also not sure

WYR23308 Altered Beasts: Arcanists, Probably Chimera

WYR23310 The Ten Peaks: Arcanists, I'm thinking December

WYR23322 Support Staff: Arcanists, Either Academic or M&SU

WYR23420  A Light in the Dark: Neverborn, This is a tough one, if Lynch were still dual-faction or there were Neverborn models with Honeypot, that would be my guess, but alas.

WYR23423 The Howling: Neverborn, Beast/Chimera?

WYR23430 Familiar Faces: Neverborn, Elite makes the most sense, but with the Lucius box not on the release schedule yet it seems unlikely

WYR23503 Hired Killers: Outcasts, my money's on Mercenary, though it could be Friekorps

WYR23523 A Hard Day's Work: Outcasts, This could fit with the theme of several keywords in my opinion so it's tricky.

WYR23613 Bayou Engineering: Outcasts, I'm guessing this will have Sparks and Mechanized Porkchop.

WYR23615 Off the Top Rope: Bayou, This one has to be Mancha Roja and Wrastlers

WYR23627 See Ya Later: Bayou, Maybe McTavish and Gators?

WYR23716 Ancient Evil: Ten Thunders, I have no clue here, as most of my guesses are being released separately. As an aside; being a Ten Thunders player, this one has me the most curious.

Obviously, if this kind of thing isn't allowed, please delete.

Okay, so the upcoming releases page has been updated so we now know what's in these boxes.

WYR23115 Six Feet Under: Marshal (The Lone Marshal, Exorcists)

WYR23116 Wake the Dead: Marshal (Death Marshal Recruiters, Domadores de Cadaveres, The Jury)

WYR23209 Surgical Staff: Experimental (Rafkin, Nurses, Guild Autopsy)

WYR23217 Vengeful Ghosts: Urami (Goryo, Seishin)

WYR23221 The Returned: Revenant (Restless Spirit, Lampads)

WYR23223 Eternal Servitude: Retainer (Manos, Toshiro, Yin, Ashigaru)

WYR23308 Altered Beasts: Chimera (Ferdinand Vogel, The Beast Within, The Scorpius)

WYR23310 The Ten Peaks: December (Blessed of December, Silent Ones, Hoarcats)

WYR23322 Support Staff: Augmented (Joss, Mobile Toolkit, Medical Automatons)

WYR23420  A Light in the Dark: Swampfiend (Adze and Will O' the Wisps)

WYR23423 The Howling: Fae (Bultungin and Rougarou)

WYR23430 Familiar Faces: Mimic (Doppelgangers and Changelings)

WYR23503 Hired Killers: Mercenary (Bishop, Desperate Mecenaries)

WYR23523 A Hard Day's Work: Outcasts Versatile (Johan Creedy and Prospectors)

WYR23613 Bayou Engineering: Foundry/Tricksy (Sparks LeBlanc, Mechanized Porchop and Survivors)

WYR23615 Off the Top Rope: Infamous (Mancha Roja and Wrastlers)

WYR23627 See Ya Later: Swampfiend (McTavish and Gators)

WYR23716 Ancient Evil: Oni (Ama no Zaku and Obsidian Oni)

Also, creative taxidermy is the same (though I suspect it doesn't have the story encounter included).

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Necrokamo said:

Seeing Manos in a new box gives me hope that we will see Minako and her dolls in a Themed Box too (I hope it isn't part of the new Core Box of Misaki)

They won't be. Katashiro are Oni. I can see them being boxed with Minako though, as she is one who specifically summons them. She's also Versatile, as is Wanyudo which her mechanics also summon.

• Agree 1

44 minutes ago, Yew Arcane said:

They won't be. Katashiro are Oni. I can see them being boxed with Minako though, as she is one who specifically summons them. She's also Versatile, as is Wanyudo which her mechanics also summon.

I think that will likely be the box: Minako, Wanyudo, and Katashiro.  The numbers seem to match other boxes and they all make sense as a Versatile box.  Yes, Katashiro aren't Versatile, but seeing as Minako summons them, the connection is there.

• Agree 3