Double master crews (neverborn)

Ludvig

Hey!

I'm still coming to grips with all the changes but found threads on this topic for other factions. I couldn't see a neverborn one at a quick glance so here we are.

So far I've been thinking of throwing Zoraida into a Marcus led crew. You can pick a swamp fiend at normal cost because they are beasts and Marcus can help them out. She summons her totem  I'm leaning towards a Grootslang to move up fast with the markers that also add concealment but I guess a cheaper one with lure might do as well. Marcus gives the swampfiend disguised + stealth with his upgrade and Zoraida arcs her obeys through it to mess people over on their half of the table. I'm thinking it has potential even if a second master puts you down an awful lot of stones. I think I had space left to add a couple of Sabretooths and a couple of cheap schemers like hounds/dolls or another mid range model.

I don't know too much about the other masters in the faction but Pandora interacts with stunned so she might add something to a swampfiend crew. She looks like she can work pretty well without the rest of her theme since misery no longer stacks and her attack will probably always have good targets in the opposing crew to help the swamp fiends with their damage output.

Thoughts on the above? Other nice combos you've found?

Zoraida is so efficient she can be used as second master in pretty much any crew other than elite and be worth her points. 

Collodi in a dreamer crew with widow weaver can summon marionettes that kill each other so ww can summon stitched, which he then makes better. 

If you're planning to clump up in a big ol' murder pile Titania can extend the life of your crew with cruel disappointment. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Wy does no one mention the elephant in the room, we have 2 masters that even share the same keyword ... whats more scary than one crazy Nephelim b*tch with a large sword coming for your throat? Well two of them of course ...

If Lilith is on top you can even force Barbaros to come into the same list as Nekima .... *awkward*

• Thanks 1

Oh, yeah, Lilith is super good. She's the highest point of contention for allowing people to bring DMH in our local meta, and getting another beater master with shenanigans for only 15 stones is a great boon for the keyword.  One of my common foes straight up refuses to play matches into Lilith, and less-than-jokes that he'd start of game concede if found during tournament. 

Because the status of Deadman’s hand masters is going to be up to the personal whim of the individual TOs and disallowed, currently, from major Wyrd run tournaments as a stated matter of policy. So with that combo you get the worst of all worlds. If it turns out to be a significantly powerful combo, top tier, you’re that guy for playing it in casual play unless the opponent gives permission, and you’re not going to be able to reliably use the OP combo, if it is, in tournaments so there really isn’t a real incentive to try to push, discuss or practice the combo since you’ll be using it solely based on TO whim. If it’s not a significantly top tier combo, then casual play for fun is all it will see and there really isn’t a good deal of point discussing it, and it’s value in competitive play is moot.

@Fetid Strumpet

It seems i missed the part in the OP post, stating that this discussion is about competitive play. Maybe because it isnt there...

When a major push would come for TO's to disallow DMH mentioning them would be moot, but until then DMH is just a fluff thing, that has zero rule consequences, so i feel pretty entitled to mention them in a generic faciton discussion that is not explicitly about Wyrd run official Tournaments.

• Like 1

On 6/11/2019 at 8:50 AM, AngelRogue said:

I love the idea of Zoraida in a Titania crew. Gaining Los from waldgeists and obeying killjoy for extra attacks.

Only double-master game I tried, but it was exactly this and it worked pretty well, though I think that game may be what drove my friend to quit the beta :(

• Like 1

Tried Dreamer and Pandora today. Besides making some bad choices they seem to work well together.  Nightmare models really like opponents failing wp duels, and Pandora really brings a whole lot of those for unburying summons and feed om dreams. Poltergeist is also valuable for bringing in distraction and stripping ruthless, though it is quite squishy so you need to play it right (which I didn't this do today). Also worth mentioning Carver as he shares keywords with both.

The only issue I found here is that it's hard to get much use of Lucid Dream, as you just won't have many models with that ability on the board turn 1.

On 6/13/2019 at 11:39 PM, TeddyBear said:

Also Lucius and Pandora work well togheter, 7 cards hand, draw for every pass tokens, cheap mimics can copy all best attacks actions, a ton of wp duels for opponents! :)

I'll have to try that combo soon, I'll always love Lucius and Pandora's crew is the next I hope to learn. Dreamer/Lucius could be fun too of course... so many options

• Like 1