Two Master Crews

Michael Curran

19 minutes ago, Michael Curran said:

Are any of you fellas currently running or plan on running a two master crew list?

I’ve heard interest in hiring LJ as a super beater, but she is really expensive.

Has anyone run Nellie Cochrine with another master?

Of all the factions, I feel Guild have the best suite of secondary Masters.

Lady J, Nellie and Perdita  (not necessarily all at once) I can see myself easily recruiting if I need that element they provide.

Most other factions Masters seem more reliant on the keyword, than Guild do.

Only once so far, but Nellie provided solo disruption enough that I’m willing to try it again.

I had a whisper in my ear that Lucius might make a good secondary to a minion crew. He is so much better to his own keyword that it’s almost a waste, but that doesn’t mean it’s wrong that other minions might like having him around...

I was thinking Sonnia with the marksman upgrade as a counter pick to a construct master. She loses loses out on some burning synergy but can probably cause serious hurt on an armored bubble. With any luck she can get a witching or two summoned to make up for costing half of your stones. Opponents with hard to kill also look like witchling batteries to her. 

I've run a lot of different iterations of 2 and three master crews earlier in the beta.   Nellie making people charge and get shot by perdita, sonnia adding fire to crews, lj adding muscle to crews, and one where Lucius moved both sonnia and perdita into shooting position before they activated.

• Like 1

I feel like Lucius with an off crew Perdita could be interesting in regard to hand manipulation. Little crew means often lots of cards (+ Arcane Reservoir) for discarding pass tokens, bad cards getting cycled with Perditas (0) seems incredible resource wise, especially while penalizing others for cheating fate. And copying her shooting 7 with Doppelgaenger/Agent 46 sounds nice too. Scribe giving her Focus. One of the first things I will brew around with.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Humphrey said:

I totally missed that. Maybe adding a Pale Rider or Lone Marshal might be good in this case.

Also mimic replaces stat with its own (6 for Agent, 7 for Doppel).

In general, Lucius seems really good at hiring second matser for using pass tokens. I had an idea to use one or two False Witness for Basse's Claim Bounty.

Not sure, but wanna try Hoffman with Luc. Giving hunters or guardians fast and giving them extra actions.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1