Question for Nathan: How to pronounce Nekima?

Kromp

Hi Nathan,

I'm addressing this to you because your company may lose two customers, depending on the answer to this question. I don't need to hear from anyone else but you. With that said, my one (simple) question is, as you already know:

What is the correct way to pronounce Nekima? Is it:

a) Neh-kee-mah

b) Neck-ih-muh

c) Other (please specify) _______________

Please note that there is no choice "d) Pronounce it however you'd like!" There must be a correct way to pronounce this character's name. My buddy and I are betting our Malifaux careers on it. Please let us know.

Hoping for the right answer,

Kromp

• Haha 2

I just had to butt in even if you don't really want to hear from me. There's an actual american lawyer/politician named Nekima so it is a real world name and not just made up. In this interview she seems to approve of the pronounciation used at about 22 seconds in but I'm guessing the name isn't american to begin with so it might be pronounced differently in other countries. Not sure if this helps you in any way but since you asked this in a public forum and others might have the same question I went for it anyway.

• Like 4

Thank you, Nathan!

(And you guys get to keep 2 customers!) :D

@Ludvig: It's not that I didn't want to hear from you. It's just that nobody's answer would matter except for Nathan's. Nothing personal, hope you understand. I know about Nekima Levy-Pounds, but I also know that her name is pronounced in different ways by different news outlets. Researching her name only begged the question. But thanks for your input. I threw you a like.