Number of Masters

Skillmatic

I think this very much depends on how often you play.

i mean if you only play once every 2-3 months they your prob looking at 1-2 masters and focusing on remembering all their mechanics 

if your playing regularly then you could prob learn to play 5-6 at any one time, but I do think increasing the numbers of masters you play beyond 3-4 probably has diminishing returns as there is only so many combinations of scheam pools 

Many really good players stick to one or two masters I believe. I'm not a good player but I can tell you that more than two in a single event is a really bad idea in my experience. You need to be able to play on autopilot for the third game of the day when you are barely conscious. 

• Haha 1

All of them.

Sure, you might want to focus a little more on some rather than others, but you will need to have a good understanding of who you face to do well.

I know that's not really what you are asking, But there isn't an easy answer to your question because it will depend on you. I'm too flightly to just play 1 master for a whole year, I would hate it and get bored and give up. (Plus that's what my main opponent generally does and we would just end up playing the same game over and over again).

But dabbling in lots of masters makes it very hard to get good results with any of them. (That said, I've previously managed good results in UKGTs where I have used a different master for every game).  (one year Ben Crow won events with every faction and ended up UK number 1 so I think he used about 15 different masters that year in tournements).

I enjoy the learning and making intuitive choices. I don't enjoy in depth repetition. I play the game for fun, so I learn all the masters that interest me. 

The edition rules change has changed what we know. You might find it means low master players will use even fewer masters because they have less overlap between masters, or you might find it means they have to learn more because each keyword has less options.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1