Leveticus and Old Pariah upgrades

Skillmatic

12 minutes ago, Skillmatic said:

nooooooo not the Horsemen!!!

Just something to consider...

During the Beta's, Wyrd decided to dump out of the option for "Leader Upgrades". One possibility floated (and heavily pointed to with the reference to Titles on pg43 of the Beta Rulebook, is that "alternate" versions of the characters of Malifaux might be released, that change up the playstyle that Upgrades did, but would be easier to balance as you don't have the same number of options that screw with things. Balancing a new character against the old one, is much easier than figuring out how 9 different upgrades, resulting in dozens if not hundreds of configurations, does.

One of the ideas floated was Seamus getting his Summons/Belle Support options back, at the cost of something else on his card. Others were summoners losing the summons in favor of being more frontline. 

With Levi, I can absolutely see them at least considering revisiting the Horseman option in the future. It was just such a cool concept.

42 minutes ago, Skillmatic said:

He should just be allowed to hire the horsemen...would it be that OP??

It's not a matter of OP. It's a matter of Levi currently having a fairly diverse and thematic crew, which he does.

Granting him carte blanche access to four* more beater models when he's already got four, is also problematic.
* Should be five, but YasuHORSEY is no longer one of them. :(

And remember, Levi as a Horseman in M2E required a dedication to that goal (hiring the Emmisary, and then if wanting it to fit in and not be a 10SS tax, hiring three Horsemen). Just allowing him to hire Horsemen could be an issue, with unforseen consequences. Revelation (Mech) into Hatred Unleashed (Pale), could be abusive if you can get several riders together. Marlena being able to keep them from going down early, needs factoring in too.

It's too late now anyways. I can't see any model that's already printed being issued errata unless it's clearly broken. And Levi not having more options isn't broken.

1 hour ago, Morgan Vening said:

Just something to consider...

During the Beta's, Wyrd decided to dump out of the option for "Leader Upgrades". One possibility floated (and heavily pointed to with the reference to Titles on pg43 of the Beta Rulebook, is that "alternate" versions of the characters of Malifaux might be released, that change up the playstyle that Upgrades did, but would be easier to balance as you don't have the same number of options that screw with things. Balancing a new character against the old one, is much easier than figuring out how 9 different upgrades, resulting in dozens if not hundreds of configurations, does.

Man do I miss my Hamlin and his Lost boys & girls build.  Gave a whole new dimension to running him.  Hopefully I'll get him back one day!

* Should be five, but YasuHORSEY is no longer one of them. :(

I thought he was?? Looking at the Keyword chart it said Horseman. It doesnt really matter, just wondering. And I think later on in third edition there will be an upgrade for him to take Horsemen and only Horsemen in a crew. 

13 minutes ago, Skillmatic said:

I thought he was?? Looking at the Keyword chart it said Horseman. It doesnt really matter, just wondering. And I think later on in third edition there will be an upgrade for him to take Horsemen and only Horsemen in a crew. 

https://www.wyrd-games.net/news/2018/12/12/waldos-weekly-i-am-the-keyword-master

That list? Beta was very much ongoing when that was published. It's somewhat out of date now. Not horribly so, but enough that I wouldn't reference it when I have latest beta cards available.

• Agree 1

14 hours ago, Skillmatic said:

It doesnt really matter, just wondering. And I think later on in third edition there will be an upgrade for him to take Horsemen and only Horsemen in a crew. 

Its worth pointing out that at the start of No edition Leviticus has been able to hire all the horsemen.

By book 3 of the past 2 editions he could. (It took till the 3rd book in first edition before there were the 4 horsemen if I remember, and it wasn't until his Emissary conflux in the third book that he could in second edition).

So I wouldn't rule it out in the future. As others said, its unlikely to be an upgrade card, the stated intention was that they might do alternative master cards, so Horseman Levi might be an alternative card for him. (In which he has the horseman keyword, but possibly not the Almagimation one)

• Agree 3