Keywords and Strategies

Keywords and Strategies: Which one's would you most likely use, and why?  

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Molly (Forgotten) seems to be very good at corrupted idols. A crooligan with GST offers a high mobility dude for moving them around, and can easily do it first turn (move your other guys close-ish, crooligan teleports to it and interacts). Couple that with the fact that Molly is more willing to cheat cards/use up cards from hand on initiative, and it's pretty potent.

Plant explosives I'm still struggling with. Getting the explosives in place is easy. Getting them in place and defending them while interfering with the opponent's plan is proving challenging (at least against Kirai).

Turf War similarly I think she is likely good at, but not optimal. Getting the control points is easy; defending them is not. Molly relies on quite a few synergies, and spreading the crew over 3+ points can be difficult. That said, I'm going to try positioning myself in the centre of three points and see how that works. But I've not played that many games with turf war yet. I suspect she'll shake up to be good at it.

Reckoning, Molly is decent at but not great. She can score points, but also gives them up pretty easily. The main combat unit (rabble risers) dies pretty easily. That said, there may be some exceptionally tanky lists that would be great at it. I'm thinking of trying something like Molly + machine, McMourning (out of keyword), Rogue Necromancy, Archie, and a few other units to round out the schemes.

6 hours ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

Molly (Forgotten) seems to be very good at corrupted idols. A crooligan with GST offers a high mobility dude for moving them around, and can easily do it first turn (move your other guys close-ish, crooligan teleports to it and interacts). Couple that with the fact that Molly is more willing to cheat cards/use up cards from hand on initiative, and it's pretty potent.

Plant explosives I'm still struggling with. Getting the explosives in place is easy. Getting them in place and defending them while interfering with the opponent's plan is proving challenging (at least against Kirai).

Turf War similarly I think she is likely good at, but not optimal. Getting the control points is easy; defending them is not. Molly relies on quite a few synergies, and spreading the crew over 3+ points can be difficult. That said, I'm going to try positioning myself in the centre of three points and see how that works. But I've not played that many games with turf war yet. I suspect she'll shake up to be good at it.

Reckoning, Molly is decent at but not great. She can score points, but also gives them up pretty easily. The main combat unit (rabble risers) dies pretty easily. That said, there may be some exceptionally tanky lists that would be great at it. I'm thinking of trying something like Molly + machine, McMourning (out of keyword), Rogue Necromancy, Archie, and a few other units to round out the schemes.

I mentioned in the other thread but....if you haven't heard Craig's Third Floor Wars podcast check it out. There is a whole episode dedicated to a way (A not THE) way to play Molly.  I play a much more elite oriented style of Molly without Rabble Risers in most games. It works much more effectively (IMO) in Reckoning that a traditional minion based Molly crew. I also find Plant Explosives to be one of the best strategies for her and feel the same way about Turf War.  Here is the link to Craig's page:

https://www.podbean.com/podcast-detail/uwxm8-87b4d/TABLETOP-TALK---A-Third-Floor-War's-Podcast 

That episode is specific to Resurrectionists but a lot of the other episodes are pretty good too. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, thewrathchilde said:

I mentioned in the other thread but....if you haven't heard Craig's Third Floor Wars podcast check it out. There is a whole episode dedicated to a way (A not THE) way to play Molly.  I play a much more elite oriented style of Molly without Rabble Risers in most games. It works much more effectively (IMO) in Reckoning that a traditional minion based Molly crew. I also find Plant Explosives to be one of the best strategies for her and feel the same way about Turf War.  Here is the link to Craig's page:

https://www.podbean.com/podcast-detail/uwxm8-87b4d/TABLETOP-TALK---A-Third-Floor-War's-Podcast 

That episode is specific to Resurrectionists but a lot of the other episodes are pretty good too. 

Cheers! i've been meaning to listen to that. I'm just not good with podcasts xD  Will listen to it this week, though :)

• 2 months later...