So Double Master... is it a thing

BigStick

1 hour ago, katadder said:

dont think there are any outcast masters I would want as 2nd one. if I had to choose then I think Zipp, but the rest kind of rely on their keyword a bit more, at least IMO

i'm sure people will be on soon to prove me wrong :D 

I think we got a raw deal. 

Zipp is the only one I'd really consider. It's really unbalanced and I hope it gets ruled out of competitive play.

I did the reverse and took Zipp then added Von Schill to the Infamous.

He gave out equipment to the Iron Skeeters, dropped 15 or so Piano Markers between Zipp, Earl, and The Malifaux Child, then everyone flies or leaps over my own markers and shoots Rocket Launchers without LoS over my own markers.  It's very fun!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, katadder said:

dont think there are any outcast masters I would want as 2nd one. if I had to choose then I think Zipp, but the rest kind of rely on their keyword a bit more, at least IMO

i'm sure people will be on soon to prove me wrong :D 

Overall I agree; most masters aren't that nice as a secondary choice in outcasts. I did get an idea I tried out just to push it a bit and ran this list:

Victoria x2

Leveticus w. servant of dark powers

Waif x2

Von Schill

Prospector

6 ss cache

7 models where 4 are masters. Von Schill was mostly an interference model and threw some rocket launchers to the waifs while Vics and Levi brawled. (Levi didn't have the best of days though. Stat 5 hurts...). Overall it was fun, but had it's issues as expected since you wont have cards for everything etc, but I can definitively see myself trying it again. For the surprise, if nothing else. :P

• Haha 1

Doesn't Von Schill seem like a good fit with Leveticus, he barely cares about having Friekorps around except for his aura and being able to give upgrades to enforcers and henchmen. He allows Waifs to actually do something thanks to being able to get rocket launchers as well as giving rocket boots to the Desolation Engine to deliver it much more efficiently and goes with the firebase gameplay that ranged Levy and Rusty would seem to enjoy.

I am finding a lot of success into Plant Explosives by adding Tara to my Leveticus crew.

Leveticus

2 Waifs

Tara

2 Necropunks 

Rusty

Scavenger

Super mobile with Tara, Necropunks, and Scavenger having some form of Leap. Tara can summon 2 Void Hunters, which would cost the same as Tara if I hired them instead, plus Tara can summon more if the Hunters die.

7 hours ago, CrimsonWraith said:

Super mobile with Tara, Necropunks, and Scavenger having some form of Leap. Tara can summon 2 Void Hunters, which would cost the same as Tara if I hired them instead, plus Tara can summon more if the Hunters die.

But getting those Void Hunters on the table seems problematic? Needing to Stutter Time on an activated model.

What's Tara really adding that a Midnight Stalker (wot stalks at midnight) doesn't give you for half the price? Leap, +3 actions most of the time?

Scavenger gives out fast. Stutter also isn't used for anything else in this crew.

She doesn't have to scheme, but can. She can mess with the opponent's crew position with bury and can move fast around if needed. The stalker would be able to just do schemey things and Necropunks are even cheaper.

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...

Can we push this to the extreme? I think this makes the most "sense", as far as dropping all Masters (and making Obey-players hate their lives) goes:

• Viktoria 1
  • Viktoria 2
  • Captain Zipp
  • Parker Barrows
  • Von Schill

2 SS pool

Thoughts? Aside from getting some laughs, could this hold up in some perfect mix of strategy and scheme-pool?

8 hours ago, farmoar said:

Can we push this to the extreme? I think this makes the most "sense", as far as dropping all Masters (and making Obey-players hate their lives) goes:

• Viktoria 1
  • Viktoria 2
  • Captain Zipp
  • Parker Barrows
  • Von Schill

2 SS pool

Thoughts? Aside from getting some laughs, could this hold up in some perfect mix of strategy and scheme-pool?

That's my Anti-Zorida build!

11 hours ago, Zebo said:

It has little sense to out Von Schill in that list, since him cannot attach his upgrades to other Masters.

Maybe Tara, because of her summoning and double activation?

Could he not equip them to himself? Was thinking of using the Rocket Launcher to lay down suppressing fire for the rest of the group. Tara double activating and being a scheme runner may not be bad either.

3 hours ago, Jesy Blue said:

That's my Anti-Zorida build!

Glad to see I'm not the only crazy one. Have you played it yet, or merely Theoryfaux? Anything you would change? Any tips/suggestions?

I've only got to play it twice, as I would had had to have picked Viktoria initially into a pool I thought Mercenary could win with, verses Neverborn or Bayou.

You go after Zoraida hard and fast with everyone's :rangedactions first, saving :ToS-Melee: for their last action.... except for Zipp, as his :ToS-Melee:is against Size so she doesn't get the defensive trigger; Use Zipp to throw her away from her crew so her Obey actions are completly useless and make her waste cards with Boring Conversation.

If she's dead by the second turn, you now have three turns to either try to score or kill everyone then maybe score, it's an uphill battle; if she's not dead by the first activation of the third turn, you can still kill her but you have almost no chance of winning the game now, all out of place and focused in one now empty section of table.

15 hours ago, Zebo said:

It has little sense to out Von Schill in that list, since him cannot attach his upgrades to other Masters.

Maybe Tara, because of her summoning and double activation?

Tara can only double activate when she is the leader, so the list would have to drop the Viks. She can also only summon two models when not leading the crew.

5 hours ago, farmoar said:

Could he not equip them to himself? Was thinking of using the Rocket Launcher to lay down suppressing fire for the rest of the group. Tara double activating and being a scheme runner may not be bad either.

If you get the 5+:crowwhen you attached the rocket launcher, you can attach and shoot in the same action. 

However the Rifle is 2/4/5, while the rocket launcher is 2/3/4 with critical strike not built in & :blast:blaston every level.  Since in this situation you'll be shooting at just Zoraida, I'd stick with the Rifle.

1 hour ago, Axelst said:

Tara can only double activate when she is the leader, so the list would have to drop the Viks. She can also only summon two models when not leading the crew.

I miss about the double activation, but still think that two summons is better than none. 

Also, both Jack Daw and Hamelin seem to need their crew to do things, so if the decision comes between Von Schill and Tara...

OMG just realized that Hannah cannot copy "Load Up" from Von Schill :(

23 hours ago, farmoar said:

• Viktoria 1
  • Viktoria 2
  • Captain Zipp
  • Parker Barrows
  • Von Schill

2 SS pool

All I know is I would pay hard cash for a good short story about this crew's shenanigans.

11 hours ago, clockworkspide said:

All I know is I would pay hard cash for a good short story about this crew's shenanigans.

Well, Zipp and Parker are already Burgle Bros, according to Wyrd. It wouldn't be too farfetched that they would need a distraction (the Viks) and a leader to coordinate everything (Von Schill).

I've only taken it in Plant Explosives because Vik's excel in that with all the extra actions and moves so I commonly take her when that's chosen, so that's the only times I've gotten that pairing with Zoraida.