Sow
Zipp
Taxidermist
2x Skeeters
Stuffed piglit

Match was:

Flank deployment
Reckoning

I took outflank and dig their graves as my schemes.

I made some play errors. Didn't notice Skeeters were insignificant so I couldn't get dig their graves off of them, and I sent Bishop in way too early after using his bonus action to pull Vanessa closer to the center line. I should have used his challenge on the Sow and played keep away.

We had to stop at the end of turn 3 due to time (both of us are having to still unlearn m2e so we're slow). At that time I had 2 points from reckoning, and 1 from Outflank. I was virtually guaranteed the end of game point for dig their graves but the first was going to be hard. 2nd outflank was 50/50 and 3rd reckoning was unlikely. He had 1 reckoning point. Probably wasn't going to get a 2nd and was likely to get 1 point from each scheme.

Overall thoughts:

• Ronin are amazing. Got outflank on turn 2 even after he tried to disrupt one corner with Zipp. Ronin got out of his engagement with the activate move and double walked into the corner (minor misplay on his part, he used Boring Conversation but I didn't need to drop a marker). Made him spend like 5 master AP to get to and eventually kill the Ronin and I still got a point.
  • There's a lot of complaining about how the Viks aren't good enough killers anymore and it's true they can't dice up masters and models with a lot of defensive tech, but they are absolute bullies now. Just use your speed to hunt down weaker models or wait for mistake by your opponent and get them both in against a tough model.
  • I'm not sure how to use Big Jake. In a crew of fast vulnerable models, he's even more vulnerable. I had a play to use unexpected return to score the final outflank point but I'm not sure it was going to work
  • Used Bishop over Taelor because I wanted 1 more ap and no competition for stones with the Viks, and I used him really poorly but I'm not sure I like either option. I feel like getting Hans and trying to get pass tokens so you can safely send in the Viks would be much more useful. Also any activation where you can stay away from you opponent and make them come to you benefits the Viks
  • The Emissary is great, he's just a subtle small improvement to the rest of your crew happening all the time. +1 mv on Viks and Bishop is almost silly
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Viks1 (Outcasts)

Size: 50 - Pool: 8

Leader:

Viktoria Chambers

Totem(s):

Viktoria Chambers 2

Hires:

Ronin

Wanted Criminal

Ronin 2

Wanted Criminal

Ronin 3

Vanessa Chambers

The Midnight Stalker

Student of Conflict

Today there was a lot of marker schemes, so I decided to give a try to my recently painted Midnight Stalker, although when I knew I was be facing Mah and a lot of Pit Traps, also changed my mind to add Von Schill to the list for his Rocket Launcher. 

The first turn went quite horribly, one Bushwaker left one of my Ronin at 1 wd and one Rooster Rider made the same with other of the Ronins (the two with Upgrades). Then the other Rooster Rider killed the Midnight Stalker in one activation (even although I did had the card for Eternal). At least, one Vik took care of that Rooster Rider. 

The second turn went my way, I managed to kill one of the Bushwaker and injured badly the Rooster Rider with one of the almost killed Ronin (the Bushwaker was at 2 wd from previous turn), and Vanessa finished the Rider. The untouched Ronin dropped the scheme marker for Power Ritual. In the other side, my opponent tried to kill my leader with Mah, and failed (too risk IMHO, she could simply had kept distance and shot while keeping two Pit Traps between them) in the end, the Vik ended with 4 wd and Injured +2. Then the Viks proceeded to activate and burnt 8ss to kill Mah with the very last attack. My opponent decided no to spend his last ss and conceded. He was quite unhappy because he forgot in the first turn to drop a Pit Trap with his first Bushwaker (wich could have prevent my Ronin to charge and hurt her), and in the second turn he forgot to activate the remaining Rooster Rider wich could have finished Vanessa or one Ronin (or both) until I killed it with Vanessa (he thought that Vanessa had activated). 

My conclusions are... well, I wanted to give a try to Midnight Stalker and he Died in the first turn, so I guess the main conclusion is that Rooster Rider with "Inferiority Complex" Is OP, and that Gremlin Upgrades are really good in general.

Ronins are one of the most satisfying models I've played, while Student of Conflict keeps being really meh. If she tries to use Covetous Cravings, ends lagging wide behind where she could be really useful. 

Vanessa feels well rounded support model, although sometimes is hard to hold the desire of running her up to the centerline. 

The Viks did a decent job this time. While the death of the Rooster Rider came with a bit of luck, they managed to give a bad brawl to Mah. 

• Like 1

I have had two weeks in a row of standard deployment Plant Explosives. Out went the prospector and child, in went a pair of necropunks (one bomb per punk, one each to Alyce, Ashes, and Leveticus himself—this last a new idea for me). Both games, for different reasons, I ended up splitting my forces onto the flanks to try and blunt the enemy master’s killiness.

First game was against Sonnia, some expensive witch hunter hires including the handler, and the pale rider. We spent turn one circling around a large obstacle in the center of the board, as he sent his thrall (my Vendetta target) in the direction most of my crew wasn’t, and after Sonnia spent the first pale rider turn being ferried to where my crew was, I walked around the back to the other flank. Turn two, the thrall rushed and demolished Alyce (that handler Mv buff ain’t no joke), then Ashes beat it enough for Marlena to step in and tag-you’re-it-no-tag-backs for Vendetta, leaving Leveticus to finish it. An increasingly irate Sonnia returned to her start point and tried to blast Marlena, only succeeding in pushing her out of range and closer to the necropunk which had already done its job. Meanwhile on the abandoned flank Ashes and a necropunk were ignoring a forest and leading the sanctioned spellcaster and second thrall a merry chase. Turn three, the pale rider caught up with that flank (again) and the handler finally crossed the centerline, while Sonnia flipped a lucky red joker on damage to kill Marlena before she could scurry out of LoS for the rest of the game yet leaving actions enough to score points, flipping a potential win for me over to a loss. Leveticus was not much use on that flank once Ashes cleared the area: I’d hoped to have him put some more passive healing on Marlena, but that would have required Sonnia to target Unmade users (especially dead Alyce) more often than she did.

Second game was against Nekima (yes, that list) and the pool was sufficiently schemey that I went for escape and evasion early, even stripping Servant off of Leveticus to give it to the necropunks. Hayreddin did indeed catch up to a necropunk after it dropped its bomb but thank goodness, negative flipped into minimum damage so it lived despite blade rush. Alyce marched up the center and a mature met her, the waifs and A&D made the other flank enticing and Nekima went that way but didn’t quite finish A&D. (Here he stopped the game to tutor me a bit about having expected me to try and shoot the mature engaging A&D at one wound left, thus black blood splitting it and reforming it at the turn’s end for the heal, thus the engagement of Alyce and blocking of Leveticus.) Turn two, Nekima looked at the trio of targets and elected to finish the Core and score the first point of Dig...which let the surviving necropunk escape and Storm jump to Hayreddin’s side of the board. Alyce disengaged from her mature and put two lucky shots (red joker and moderate, both on negatives) into the other to finish it, but on the flip side Leveticus couldn’t finish the shaman before it advanced and grew. Turn three Nekima, alone and disgusted by it, scored points instead of hunting down the breakthrough punk, which was good as Storm stole the bomb Hayreddin dropped and sprinted back across the line. I dropped a bomb, accomplished the Leveticus teleport for the first time (felt great!) and promptly whiffed on Hayreddin (felt bad) just like Pride had. Marlena charged the new mature and found the red joker herself to also kill one in one activation. We called it when it was apparent we were heading for a draw, a very rare event. I had cheated myself out of Hold Up Their Forces by various Disengage actions and push triggers, but slaying the matures certainly helped thwart him scoring also, so.

• Like 1

Had another game with Tara VS Guild (yes, I know that goes against common logic, but he didn't have the Jury to tech against me) ended up against Sonnia. 

My crew: Tara (5ss), Karina, Aionus, Talos, Nothing Beast, 2 Void Wretches, Ashes & Dust

His crew: Sonnia, Purifying Flame, Samael, Handler, 2 Thralls, Stalker, Undercover Reporter (he just painted it and wanted to try it out) 

It was Corrupted Idols and I had Take Prisoner on the Stalker and Outflank.

Played fairly cagey with Tara and Karina, hiding behind some big rocks in the midfield and summoning and hiding behind a big blob of terrain in the back field to heal and unbury respectively. Managed to bury and kill a Thrall turn 1 with a summoned Hunter, A Tara attack, and Talos' buried burning. Sadly couldn't repeat this with the second Thrall T2; got him down to 2dg with the Nothing Beast, then buried the Nothing Beast and killed it with A&D. 

Aionus buried NB charged, giving him Fast and unburied a summoned Hunter T1 before getting nuked by Sonnia T1&2. 

T3 Ashes charged into a clump of Sonnia, Purifying Flame and the Handler, killing the Flame while summoning an Abomination and bringing the Handler down to 1 and Burning 1 (from the Flame's demise).

Talos went up the right, got shot by Samael a few times but between over and Terrifying only got hit once for 1dg and Burning. He then got charged by the unluckiest Undercover Reporter, cheated Terrifying then missed, then flipped two aces for focused Df then another ace, allowing Talos to kill him despite Shielded 2 and full health... 😠

Turn 3 Sonnia turned my first Hunter into a Stalker. 

Wretches took the flanks scoring Corrupted Idols and Outflank. Turn Tara Time slipped from behind her rock to move an Idol before moving back. 

Learning points.

Aionus drops relatively easily, although he did cop a Red damage from Sonnia. She also managed to flip severes for every attack. 

Mass Terrifying (Talos, Nothing Beast and the two summoned Hunters) combined with Glimpse Triggers puts heaps of hand pressure on the opponent. Still not sold on Talos but he did some solid work this game. 

A&D continues to be a star 🌟 Lots of damage, resilient and super fast plus the incidental summon. 

Lots of Incorporeal (along with Time Slip) made my crew really manoeuvrable in the big blobs of terrain. 

Having the two Void Wretches in the crew gave me lots of options to put out Fast on enemy models to unbury my summons. 

Edit: it was also really nice playing with the crew fully painted! 

• Like 1

Had an intense Hamelin game yesterday.

6 ss cache, Hamelin w/Servant, 3x The Stolen, Barbaros w/Servant, Pride, Nix, Ratking, Wretch, 2x Rats.

Against AR Mei Feng, Emberling, Henry, Rail Golem, Metal Gamin w/Magical Training, 2xArachnid Swarm w/Diesel Engine.

We played into Reckoning; I choose Search the Ruins and Take Prisoner on Emberling, he – Dig their Graves and Take Prisoner on Pride.

I approached that game determined to try Irresistible Lure Machine (Hamelin/Barbie/Pride) no matter what, but it turned out that his entire crew was in my deployment zone on turn 1, so Barbaros' lure was entirely superfluous (it was my first game against Mei Feng of any sort, so I didn't really know what to expect). I should have picked A&D instead to remove his scrap markers or Midnight Stalker to threaten his Dig their Graves and/or score my own schemes, lol.

Barbaros and Mei Feng died on turn one. As Assasinate was in the pool, I decided not to kill one of my Stolen on turn one to make another Ratking – as a result, I lacked non-insignificant AP for the first 3 turns of the game. Overall, he pressured me so hard, that I eventually scored only one point for Search the Ruins. Take Prisoner on Emberling was another mistake – I simply couldn't separate him from the rest of the crew for the entire game. By not attacking him I telegraphed to my opponent that he is my Take Prisoner target, and after my attempt to kill his last Arachnid Swarm on turn 4 failed, he used it to kill Emberling on turn 5 denying me any points for that scheme. As a consolation prize, my opponent killed Pride on turn 4, his Take Prisoner target, to score first point of Dig of him, realizing that it is a safer play. I have also managed to create two Ratkings on turn four and five respectively, which denied his second Dig their Graves point by rushing toward his deployment zone and eating two out of four scheme markers which Metal Gamin placed throught the course of the game. In this way I lost 3:4, but learned a lot and for the first time really enjoyed playing Hamelin.

Playing aggresively and caging opposing crew in its deployment zone once again proved to be effective strategy, which lets you win on the expense of your crew (my opponent lost everything except Arachnid and Gamin). Vent Steam and Sputtering Exhaust were really diminishing the effectivness of Bleeding Disease models; fortunately, if enemy model has 0 Df and 0 Wp it is possible to hit him even on negative flip.

• Like 1

Me

Leveticus - Servents and 6 stones

Waif

Waif

Rusty

Ashes

Emissary

Marlena

Scavenger

Opponent

Kirai - Whispers and 6 stones

Ikiryo

Archie

Datsue Ba

Shikome

Shikome

Lost Love

Seishin

Seishin

Idols - Standard Deployment

Deliver, Detonate, Search, Power Ritual and Dig

I choose Dig and Search and my opponent choose Search and Power Ritual. It ended with a 5 -5 draw where I scored 2 for Idols, 2 for Search and 1 for dig and my opponent scored 3 for idols and 2 for search.

I used Rusty and Leve to put pressure on Kirai early to keep her summon count down, one turn she had no cards in hand to actually summon anything. Scavenger was great in just giving out Focused and jumping around interacting. Emissary is a bit expensive but the added movement and regen is not to be underestimated. His free move is also nice since you can stack scheme markers which makes it easier to score. Datsue Ba was mostly just annoying but never a threat, once she got close to Leve I managed to kill her with one attack.

• Like 2

Played in a small tournament during the weekend.  It was singel master with 2 fixed lists.

My first list was

Leveticus w/ Servents and 6 ss. 2 Waifs, Rusty, Ashes, Marlena, Scavenger and Emissary.

The second was 

Leveticus w/ Servents and 6 ss. 2 Waifs, Rusty, Ashes, Marlena, Scavenger and 2x Necro Punks.

The first game was Idols with standard deployment against a Molly list with, Molly w/ Whispers and 2 ss, Necrotic Machine, Archie, Forgotten Marshall, 3 Rabble Risers and 3x Crooligans. I went with my first list this time.

I had Search and Dig as schemes and Molly had Search and Power Ritual. I did mess up with my scheming and a couple of my markers were removed by the Crooligans. I did however manage to kill Archie Early turn 3 and the Rabble Risers all died during turn 2 so there were no threats left on the board. In the end I managed to win with 6-5 scoring 3 for Idols, 2 for Seach and 1 for Dig. I was one marker short for the last point. Molly managed to score 2 for Idols, 2 for Search and 1 for Ritual.

The second game was Plant with corner deployment against Sandeep. I choose my second list since I wanted the Punks to help with the strat. My opponent had Sandeep with 3 ss, Banasuva, Kudra, Kandara, Fire Golem, 2x Wind gamin and a SS miner with Magical Training.

I had Search and Hold up and Sandeep had claim jump and layline. I managed to get a early advantage by killing Kandara turn 2 after she went to the middle, taking her explosive with Leve. Most of my other models just ran around dropping markers. Turn 3 Leve killed the miner before it could activate to steal another explosive which Alice took hold of. I lost Leve turn 4 to burning after he killed Kudra and a Wind gamin managed to kill the last waif but by that time I had a massive lead so the match ended with a 8-4 win to me. My opponent got 3 from Plant and 1 from Layline.

The third and final game was Turf War on wedge deployment. I was up against a Tara player and went with the second list again. My opponent had Tara with 5 ss, Karina, Aonius, Nothing Beast, Ashes, Sion, Prospector and one Void Wretch.

I had Outflank and Assassinate and my opponent had Outflank and Power Ritual. My opponent was quite new to the game and made a early mistake and placed Tara to far forward. As a result Leve charged her and did 11 wounds before dying to Ashes and respawning in a safer position. He did pressure one of the waifs by running the Wretch forward to let the Sion attack through it since she was buried. It left the waif on 1 wound but I managed to trigger Unmade twice which also left the Sion on 2 wounds. Karina tried to heal Tara but only managed to heal for 1. Early turn 2 I charged and killed Karina with Ashes. My opponent charged Leve with ashes and since it had already taken damage it died after boosting its own damage and taking damage from Unmade. By this point the game most over and my Opponent conceded early turn 3 so it ended up 8-1 to me.

Overall I placed 2nd due to the draw rules. I found that the second list worked better for me, the Necro Punks allowed me to scheme better and I did not need toe additional support that the Emissary brought.

• 3 weeks later...

Player this Morning versus Mah Tucker. 

Plant Explosives (Breakthrough, Harness, Claim, Dig, Detonate. 

I Played this 

New Von Schill Crew (Outcasts)
Size: 50 - Pool: 6
Leader:
  Von Schill
Totem(s):
  Steam Trunk
Hires:
  Pride
  The Midnight Stalker
  Hannah Lovelace
  Freikorps Engineer
  Freikorps Librarian
  Freikorps Scout

Wanted to give a second chance to MS, and also give a try to Pride, and ended with way less punch than I'm used. 

This game Scout killed one Bushwacker and tried in vain to score Harness, but Trixibelle decided to eat scheme markers. 

The Engineer did nothing, and was obliterated by Mah. 

Pride was... Interesting, first turn I learned by the bad way that Solo needs a 8, and didn't wanted to cheat mi only severe (crappy first turn's hand). Also, mi opponent never was affected by Solo, since he lost the few flips he wanted to cheat. But in the third turn he drained Man's hand and did 2 to her. 

Midnight Stalker survived this time... Until turn 2, when a Bully Rooster Rider beat the crap out of him (killing him in a single activation) and Rami finished him when he tried to run away (he couldn't hide enough from everybody). At least he scored Plant Explosives and Breakthrough for me. 

Again, we entered in the shop at 11 and must left at 14, and only managed to play two and a half turns. I can be a bit slow, and my opponent isn't faster than me, but I think that with all the things you must track, this game is slower than it's previous edition. 

• 2 weeks later...

Played a GG1 game recently, we played Symbols with Standard Deployemnt. Schemes were Spread them Out, Assassinate, Breakthrough, Sabotage and Runic Binding.

I played Leveticus with 6 stones and Servents, Rusty, Ashes, Marlena, Scavenger, 2 Punks and 2 Waifs.

My opponent played Yan Lo with 6 stones and whispers, Manos, Toshiro with whispers, Chiaki, Emissary, Gokudo and Soul Porter.

I choose to go with Breakthrough and Sabotage for my schemes. I was considering swapping Breakthrough for Assassinate. Spread them Out and Runic Binding both seemed to hard to consider using while both Breakthrough and Sabotage seemed better considering how many interacts I would be able to do during the game.

The game ended turn 4 when my opponent gave up. In the end it would have been 7-2 to me.

It was my opponents first time playing Yan Lo and turn 3 she placed both Manos and Yan Lo close to Leveticus. I first managed to dissengage from a Ashigare with Leve, pushing 5 inces to engage Manos and then killing him with 2 attacks. Turn 4 I activated Leve first and killed Yan Lo. Marlena also managed to kill the Gokudo with her defense. Since I had only lost my scavenger at this point I had a huge lead in terms of board state.

Even with mv4 Rusty is a good model, she still have a large threat range but just won't be as mobile. Ashes is way less survivable and don't hit as hard. But with mv7 it is still very fast and will fill a scheme runner role. Some of the new schemes just seems to hard to ever be played.

• Like 1

Played yesterday until the fourth round (yay) when I conceded. 

Von Schill Rocks (Outcasts)

Size: 50 - Pool: 3

Leader:

Von Schill

Totem(s):

Steam Trunk

Hires:

Arik Schöttemer

Hannah Lovelace

Pride

Freikorpsmann

Freikorps Librarian

Drachen Trooper

Versus Mah. Really fun and interesting game, with some (un)lucky damage flips that cost me 2 points. 

Freikorpsmann had Vendetta against a Hooded Rider, and shot him when on 3 wounds, but I flipped double moderate and killed him without the first point. Then I tried with Arik to hit and push another model to then charge and finish it to flip a turf marker and deny one point to my opponent, but I flipped again double moderate and one shot it, allowing him to score his second strategy point. 

Equipment upgrades were quite underwhelming this time, and almost every activation of Von Schill felt weak. 

Hannah and Arik are awesome, as ever, but Drachen was killed by a single activation of Rami in the first turn before even activating. That was sad. 

The only thing Sue did was to walk and play solos, but it was really helpful and quite epic to see him playing his guitar while bullets and spoons where flying everywhere surrounding him. Yesterday game made me ask me why is he Manipulative of you want him to be the first model activating each turn to play his solo. 

At the end of the 4th turn, it was obvious that he couldn't score more, and couldn't prevent me from score on extra point (I killed a lot) but I wasn't gonna end better than 4-3 to him (I didn't score a lot 🤷‍♂). 

Played yesterday versus Brewmaster. 

Freikorpsmovil (Outcasts)
Leader:
  Von Schill
Totem(s):
  Steam Trunk
Hires:
  Freikorpsmann
  Freikorpsmann 2
  Freikorps Librarian
  The Midnight Stalker
  Freikorps Scout
  Freikorps Scout 2
  Hannah Lovelace

I wanted to deploy a high-mobility crew, with one Scout in each corner and the Freikorpsmann with Boots and Shield pushing towards them. But my left flank was obliterated by the Whiskey Golem and Fingers, while the rest of the crew was stuck with the Brewmaster on the Centerline until the fourth turn, although in two turns I managed to score twice Spread them Out and the Strat, while the fact that at the end of the game my opponent was left with only the Golem also scored for me Make them Bleed. 

Hannah was a beast, as always, the Librarian made good role as gunner and the rest of the crew managed to survive and run to score. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Lately, I've been playing Hamelin with this list:

Dejad Que Los Niños Se Acerquen (Outcasts)
Leader:
  Hamelin
    Servant of Dark Powers
Totem(s):
  Stolen
  Stolen 2
  Stolen 3
Hires:
  Benny Wolcomb
  Nix
  Obedient Wretch
  Malifaux Child
  Hodgepodge Effigy
  Winged Plague
  Winged Plague 2
  Prospector

Atención first I was scared about playing so many cheap models, because I'm more used to play elite crews and didn't want to lose initiative each turn, but finally I've learned how to deploy, when and where to move and what things to be aware to not shoot myself in the foot.

My opponents can do their things, that I'm gonna wait until the right moment (usually when they run out of activations) to do my things and deny theirs. 

I've said before how I use each model, so I would not repeat here, but I'm being each time more and more happy with all my cheap activations that end in a massive blow out. 

Yesterday player my first game with Tormented and did a list designed to see how works the different models (using as much models as possible). 

The list was:

New Jack Daw Crew (Outcasts)
Size: 50 - Pool: 5
Leader:
  Jack Daw
    Servant of Dark Powers
Totem(s):
  Lady Ligeia
Hires:
  Montresor
  Jaakuna Ubume
  Guilty
  Hanged
    Servant of Dark Powers
  Crooked Man
  Hodgepodge Effigy

Maybe two Hanged and two Guilty would have been more efficient giving out curse upgrades to enemies, but  no model was dissapointing. 

Played versus Kaeris, and realizing that Pyre markers can't be ignored was a bit sad in a crew with so many Incorporeal, Ghost of Malifaux and Depths of Malifaux models. 

Anyways, fun experience that I'm willing to repeat. 

• 2 weeks later...

After some games, yesterday I tried a little change in the list, looking for extra resources. 

New Jack Daw Crew (Outcasts)
Leader:
  Jack Daw
    Servant of Dark Powers
Totem(s):
  Lady Ligeia
Hires:
  Montresor
  Jaakuna Ubume
  Hodgepodge Effigy
  Guilty
  Hanged
    Servant of Dark Powers
  Prospector

Basically, the Crooked Man for one Prospector and one extra SS. 

It went fine, and each model is performing more or less as expected. 

Jack Daw is a real pain for the enemy to deal, unless they have Ruthless. If you don't waste cards, he's tough as nails, and very dirsruptive for your opponent. Can do a lot of damage, but only if the rest of the crew has put Staggered on the enemy (feels weird for his curse to not out staggered when attached). 

Lady Ligeia is a bit disappointing. She only has two utilities, to have her near the action to disrupt the enemy with betrayal, and to use her ranged attack to stagger enemies. 

But she's too squishy to survive when in Betrayal range. I can't but compare her to other totem with Betrayal (the Dispatcher) and the other is so obviously superior, that hurts. 

And about her staggering capacity, her stat is 4, so it's not like she's gonna be succeeding a lot with that. 

Still trying to understand her melee trigger in this crew. It's like a trigger to allow enemies to remove their curses OR suffer extra damage... Totally weird. 

I feel this totem is weak, she could have some improvements. 

Montresor is a really good model, but still need to learn how to play him best. He works with staggered, giving it automatically both in melee and ranged; doing extra damage to staggered models and not allowing models to end their staggered condition when he's near. He's tough, and can be quite killy. 

My problem with him is that he has a kind of only-friendly-tormented-obey, and it's easy to left him behind when the crew advances, so he's not doing all his staggered stuff. 

The model which has surprised me is Jaakuna Ubume. I expected from her to be a good tech piece, for playing in certain builds or versus certain crews. But she has proved until now in my crews to be my best model. Her Aura makes Daw's bubble lethal, and her lures are invaluable in a crew that likes to play together. All her attacks can move the target, so she can take full advantage of her Aura. 

She's becoming a must for me. 

Still not sure about Hanged. He's obviously a good model, with good staggering capacity, surprising mobility, good toughness, good damage output and that can curse enemies. 

But I still haven't make good use of him. It's no unusual for him to kill cheaper models, but it's also usual for him to die without such a great impact (or at least not as good impact as Ubume, with the same cost plus the upgrade I use to attach to the Hanged). 

Not sure if better suited to be near Daw and try to A- take advantage of staggered cursed enemies or B - Curse and stagger enemies to help Daw take advantage. Or if is better for him to play more isolated, jumping from one enemy to other, cursing them and trying to scheme or kill by himself. 

It's a good model, but I need to play more to learn. 

The Guilty is another model I find hard to left out of my lists. He's surprisingly tough with Df 6, Wd 6 and HtW. He doesn't do high damage for his cost, but can stagger, force the enemy to discard and even heal himself. My main utility for them is to launch them to the enemy's face and force them to spend some actions killing him, only to be cursed if the do so. 

I know they are good for moving around Daw and Hanged thanks his Guilty as Charged ability and their On Your Heels trigger, but still haven't find a situation in which I've needed to do this. 

All previous models are becoming too useful for me to left them out of the crew, so the rest of ss are being spent on more situational models. 

Crooked Man still hasn't proved to be specially useful. I feel he's good, because of his shenanigan with Ubume's aura and his capability to stagger enemies in blasts. He also can do some scheme marker tricks. But until now I haven't made good use of him. 

The Effigy is a fine cheap healer. Tormented hasn't healing, so he's very useful in my opinion. 

The prospector provides resources that the crew wants so a good addition (the more I play them, the more I feel one in each crew improves the general performance). 

30 minutes ago, Zebo said:

Lady Ligeia is a bit disappointing. She only has two utilities, to have her near the action to disrupt the enemy with betrayal, and to use her ranged attack to stagger enemies. 

But she's too squishy to survive when in Betrayal range. I can't but compare her to other totem with Betrayal (the Dispatcher) and the other is so obviously superior, that hurts. 

And about her staggering capacity, her stat is 4, so it's not like she's gonna be succeeding a lot with that. 

Still trying to understand her melee trigger in this crew. It's like a trigger to allow enemies to remove their curses OR suffer extra damage... Totally weird. 

I feel this totem is weak, she could have some improvements. 

Some good thoughts. I may well be wrong, but I would suggest that whilst she will die if she is in betrayal range, she will do so at a cost to the enemy (it will probably take several attacks, which they can't easily cheat) doing so at the cost of 3-4 enemy actions is not too bad.

Her trigger is slightly counter intuitive, as you're right, you probably don't want to declare it against models that have been cursed. But its pretty good against models that paid for an upgrade. (It won't hit all that often, but it will happen in betrayal range, so you cheating a moderate ram will either get it off, or cost your opponent 2 cards). It also allows you to get back injustice upgrades from your own guilty if you used supressed memories on them for the place trigger.

You can use your guilty to  blast that  staggered off onto enemy models from the ranged attack, which makes it a more reliable way to get staggered than it might first appear.

So she may not be the strongest model out there, but totems are really hard to truly judge power levels from because its very rare you ever actually pay for them but they don't need to all be of equal levels. She has a few abilities/actions that can help the crew, if you play the crew in a way that needs the

I've played 3 games until now, and Ligeia has died in 2 of them. 

The first was one single attack from the Judge. 

The second was two shots from a Bushwacker. 

It has been dying easily, not too much effort from my opponents. 

Also, I've found that my opponents don't use upgrades when playing against Daw, so her trigger is less useful. 

• 3 weeks later...

Played this on Saturday. Public enemies and wedge deployment. Schemes were Let Them Bleed, Catch and Release, Leave your Mark, Take Prisoner, and Spread Them Out.

Von Schill Public Enemies (Outcasts)
Size: 50 - Pool: 7
Leader:
  Von Schill
Totem(s):
  Steam Trunk
Hires:
  Hannah Lovelace
  Prospector
  Freikorps Engineer
    Servant of Dark Powers
  Freikorps Engineer 2
    Servant of Dark Powers
  Freikorps Scout
  Freikorpsmann

Opponent played a Brewmaster list.

I went with Leave your Mark and Spread Them Out as I didn't want to mess around with not killing things. Won 4-2 with 2 strategy points and 2 points from spread them out.

Hannah is an absolute beast when you can stack focused on her. I landed 3 hits that did 8 damage each during the game. Including dropping Brewmaster in 1 activation. My opponent spent most of the first turn building up poison on his models so I went heavy on focus. Virtually every model did move + concentrate, and the 2 engineers and Hannah also got the focus trigger for Strengthen Armor.

I got really good work out of assault shields in this game. If you're also gaining 2 shielded a turn from Strengthen Armor, it takes 4 attacks (or 3 + poison) to knock the upgrade off. Terrifying is one of my favorite things in the game. Even if they pass on a flip that's a often a decent card you're not seeing for attack or damage. Making them cheat it is just icing. Side note: I think a Parker crew with Pride and 2 SoDP models to pressure your opponent's hand as much as possible is an interesting idea.

Prospector got me 2 stones but didn't do much else, found out they're particularly weak against Moon Shinobi as manipulative works in reverse and they usually also have a positive twist to damage. Basically always focused.

1 Engineer was the world's best tar pit and the other got red joker'd by a Fermented River monk for 7 damage and died in one action.

Scout dropped 2 markers, one for each Spread Them Out point and got super lucky one shotting a Fermented River Monk (misplay by my opponent defensively let me cheat in severe with crit strike).

Freikorpsmann was ignored the whole game and dropped 2 markers.

Steam Trunk lived to the end, cleared a good amount of poison and equipped rocket boots on a staggered, stunned Hannah so she could leap and drop the final marker I needed.

Von Schill was ok. Diving Charge took my opponent by surprise, but Moon Shinobi having stealth stopped me from taking advantage of pull. A lot of equipment and, pushes and focus were handed out.

• 2 weeks later...

Leader:
  Parker Barrows
Totem(s):
  Doc Mitchell
Hires:
  Pride
  Sue
  Hans
  Bayou Smuggler
  Prospector
  Bandido
  Bandido 2

Symbols, flank deployment.

Went with kind of an odd list trying to score Claim Jump and counter my opponent's Ophelia list (thought 5:+flipwould be better than stat 6 attacks so took Sue and not Brackett, was maybe over thinking it)

Got absolutely creamed 1-4, but I don't think my crew construction was the problem. It was because I didn't pay attention to the pigapult and just ate it in turn 1. I should have scored 2 points but got unlucky with a Young LaCroix killing a Bandito towards the end.

20 minutes ago, touchdown said:

Leader:
  Parker Barrows
Totem(s):
  Doc Mitchell
Hires:
  Pride
  Sue
  Hans
  Bayou Smuggler
  Prospector
  Bandido
  Bandido 2

Symbols, flank deployment.

Went with kind of an odd list trying to score Claim Jump and counter my opponent's Ophelia list (thought 5:+flipwould be better than stat 6 attacks so took Sue and not Brackett, was maybe over thinking it)

Got absolutely creamed 1-4, but I don't think my crew construction was the problem. It was because I didn't pay attention to the pigapult and just ate it in turn 1. I should have scored 2 points but got unlucky with a Young LaCroix killing a Bandito towards the end.

Interesting choices there. Why not 2 Gunslingers instead of Hans and 1 Bandido? With Bulletproof and Quick Draw, they look like the best option to face Ophelia. I'm curious about Prospector + Smuggler, how did it work?

9 minutes ago, ShinChan said:

Interesting choices there. Why not 2 Gunslingers instead of Hans and 1 Bandido? With Bulletproof and Quick Draw, they look like the best option to face Ophelia. I'm curious about Prospector + Smuggler, how did it work?

I wanted Hans to stun the Ophelia crew because their beaters are so reliant on triggers (again may have been over thinking things). The prospector and smuggler didn't work I got totally owned on the first activation. They were each down to 2 wounds. Sue was down to 4 and Doc Mitchell was killed. Just a total lapse in my deployment. Live and learn situation

• Thanks 3

• 3 weeks later...

Played a game today:

Leader:
  Von Schill
Totem(s):
  Steam Trunk
Hires:
  Arik Schöttemer
  Hannah Lovelace
  Freikorps Librarian
  Freikorps Engineer
  Freikorps Scout
    Soldier for Hire
  Prospector

Symbols of Authority

I took Hidden Martyrs and Research Mission.

Played vs Dreamer

We didn’t score any strategy points until turn 3, when he also scored his first point from his own Research (web markets EVERYWHERE). He scored breakthrough turn 4 and I scored first point of Martyrs when his bandersnatch killed my prospector. Turn 5 I denied his second scheme points. 

end was 6-4 in my favor.

turn two I yeeted his dreamer into my crew worth VS (misplay on his part) and I proceeded to wallop him with my crew. Turn 3 I nuked chompy with Arik.

overall it was a good game and a good challenge. My opponent didn’t let the early master loss mess with his groove and I had to fight for my points.

overall, fun, but Viks are better into that strategy for sure.

• Like 2

Size: 50 - Pool: 4
Leader:
  Von Schill
Totem(s):
  Steam Trunk
Hires:
  Arik Schöttemer
  Hannah Lovelace
  Hodgepodge Effigy
  Freikorps Engineer
  Freikorps Scout
  Midnight Stalker

Soldier for Hire

It was Symbols of Authority  vs Sandeep

Took Martyrs and Take Prisoner. Unfortunately the Scout died from Burning and the Engineer lost his 4th wounds so it ended up with 5:5 (I had 4 for strat and 1 for Take Prisoner, opponent had 2 for Martyrs, 2 for strat and 1 for Claim Jump). It was my second Freikorps game and I\m slowly figuring out how to play them!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1