Forgeling

metal gamin

iron golem

willie

railworker

mech rider

ss miner with Diesel engine upgrade

picked breakthrough and leylines 

game went 7-2 in my favor. Only lost Hanna and Engineer and both were late game losses 

Scout over Hans for vendetta?

7 hours ago, Sianour said:

Size: 50 - Pool: 7
Leader:
  Charles Hoffman
Totem(s):
  Mechanical Attendant
Hires:
  Joss
  Peacekeeper
  Howard Langston
  Watcher
  Guardian

Missing some upgrades.

Oof, yeah freikorps have good anti armor on arik and engineer and enough durability to compare. 

Hello guys.

I had a nice and fun game last night with a Parker Barrows list, against Ulix.

This was the setup:

Deployment: Corner
Strategy: Reckoning

Scheme Pool:

9: Outflank
6: Hold Up Their Forces
3: Harness the Ley Line
11: Deliver a Message
4: Search the Ruins

I chose Outflank and Harness the Ley Line, my opponent want for Outflank and Deliver a Message.
My list was pretty much a standard Parker's crew. 

Parker Barrows
Doc Mitchell
Bandido x2
Mad Dog Brackett
Wokou Raider (+ Servant of Dark Powers)
Hodgepodge Emissary
The Midnight Stalker
3 SS

VS

Ulix Turner
Penelope
Old Major
Slop Hauler
The Sow
Lucky Emissary
Gracie
Wild Boar
2 SS

The final score was 6-2 in my favor.
The Midnight Stalker took control of one corner of the table, killing the Wild Boar (in Turn 3), assuring the Outflank and dropping 2 Scheme Markers for Harness Ley Lines.
On the center, Mad Dog blasted the the Sow away with 3 attacks (one Red Joker cheated for maximum blast damage), together with a freshly summoned Piglet and forcing the entire Ulix's crew to step back.
However, 2 bandits were lost in the process, killed by an unstoppable Gracie.
Parker, Mad Dog and the Emissary took full control of the center line, dropping huge quantities of Markers to score Haress the Ley Lines.

On the other corner, the Woukou Raider held off the Lucky Emissary until Ulix arrived in Turn 3 together with the Old Major and a Slop Hauler, but it was too late and the Wokou was still alive, even if totally blocked in the corner.
We called at Turn 4, after Parker shot the Slop Hauler in the butt, and what was left of Ulix crew was still trying to kill the Raider.
My opponent scored 1 VP for Reckoning and another for Outflank (Lucky Emissary on one corner, a Wild Boar on the other)

On a side note, the Doctor even prevented "Deliver a Message" for my opponent. In Turn 3, a War Pig charged into Parker, dealing 4 damage but thanks to Doc's ability "Bedside manners", I placed Parker in base contact with him, away from the Pig. No Interaction was possible at that point and the Pig died to Mad Dog's shotgun.

It was my first game with the Midnight Stalker, and my second with the Wokou Raider and I must say that they are both incredibly good to score Outflank: the enemy is forced to send at least 2 good beaters to stop them, while Mad Dog and Parker take care of the center, both almost immortals thanks to the Emissary and the Doctor.

Second side note, I can't find a reason to use the Prospectors with Parker. They are good, sure, but nothing that Parker himself can't do: he can easily delete enemy Scheme Markers and collect Soulstones ("Stick Up" and "Cashing out"), I find redundant to have a Prospector in this crew.
Sorry for bad english ^_^

• Like 3

English was great, didn't know it was non-native until you said something about it.... tres bonne!

Yes, Prospector is redundant in Parker; there is no need.  Midnight Stalker is my Outcast MVP, he's the best!  I haven't touched the Wakou Raiders this edition yet but good to know they are still worth the 8 stones.

Good game!

Played with Hamelin vs Dreamer yesterday. We had a draw but I really loved the Hamelin play.

Hamelin Rats (Outcasts)
Size: 50 - Pool: 3
Leader:
  Hamelin
Totem(s):
  Stolen
  Stolen 2
  Stolen 3
Hires:
  Benny Wolcomb
  Nix
  Obedient Wretch
  Rat Catcher
  Rat Catcher 2
  Winged Plague
  Winged Plague 2
  Prospector

New The Dreamer Crew (Neverborn)
Size: 50 - Pool: 7
Leader:
  The Dreamer
Totem(s):
  Lord Chompy Bits
Hires:
  Widow Weaver
  Serena Bowman
  Daydream
  Daydream 2
  Daydream 3
  Stitched Together
  Stitched Together 2
  Stitched Together 3

We played turf war.

Idea was make rats with Benny. I black jokers the summon on t1. On t2 he went down before activating. Was ready to quit right there, as my entire idea was trying that trick out. But then decided to continue. And then could floor his crew with rats, and all the things. Awesome! t3 saw Hamelin killing two unactivated stitched in one activation. Dreamer had to hide from the wrench; she's so strong!

Really liked the list. Bit too low on stones for me, not sure if I want to drop him for 6 more stones as he's just a mid crow away for an extra rat ;)

7 hours ago, Jesy Blue said:

English was great, didn't know it was non-native until you said something about it.... tres bonne!

Yes, Prospector is redundant in Parker; there is no need.  Midnight Stalker is my Outcast MVP, he's the best!  I haven't touched the Wakou Raiders this edition yet but good to know they are still worth the 8 stones.

Good game!

Wokou raiders are fantastic in the right place and really pissed off my opponent with their scheme marker stuff. Gotta position then right so they don’t get ignore though 

Tried a Barbaros list tonight:

Barbaros (4 cache)

Effigy

Mature w/ servant 

Mature w/ servant 

Young Nephilim 

Hans

Student 

It was interesting. I lost vs. Pandora 6-5. I should have tied it but had a misplay. The crew worked like I wanted them to - matures can reach about anywhere with the upgrade on the first turn and are designed to disrupt and be a bit difficult to take out with terrifying 11, combat finesse, and regeneration. One of them is fast from the student. It was one of those games where I wanted to try out the crew and wouldn't normally select this crew as it was against Pandora with so many non-melee attacks in her crew. Against a lot of crews I think it can be very difficult to deal with. In this case I killed two things on turn one (poltergeist and baby kade) but lost one of my matures. I believe I lost the second one on round two and the third, which was grown from the young, on the third turn. So not as resilient as I had hoped here. I'll likely try it again. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Player Viks vs Brew today. 

Wedge

Plan Explosives

Picked Search the Ruins and Power Ritual. 

Victoria

Victoria

Taelor

Vanessa

Big Jake

Student

3x Ronin

6ss, no upgrades. 

The game lasted only 3 rounds, due to shop closing (and opponent giving up) 

Basically, spread the crew and run away. In the second turn I managed to kill 2 Moon Shinobis, while Taelor, Vanessa and Vik2 suffered some damage (Vik 2 run away through my deployment zone with 2 damage and Poison 4, and I planned to use her as counter-schemer). Between Taelor, Vanessa and the Student I manage to hold Brewy, Fingers, Apprentice and Golem in the center point, and Big Jake hold Gracie in my right flank to allow two Ronin to slide and reach the enemy table. While the other Ronin and Vik 1 run the left up to the enemy corner. 

In the third turn, both Vanessa and Student died, and Taelor was left at 1 wd to die, but my opponent hadn't chances of reaching my schemes, nor chasing my runners, and was only left with 2 bomb dropped and 1 token left, as I had stolen the other 2 when killing his Shinobis. 

We played knowing that the game was hardly going to last beyond the fourth turn, and at the beginning of the third we already knew that that was the last turn. 

The Mercenary crew proved to be fast, but really don't want to engage the enemy as they are quite fragile. Not sure if I liked the game. 

2 hours ago, Zebo said:

The Mercenary crew proved to be fast, but really don't want to engage the enemy as they are quite fragile. Not sure if I liked the game. 

Yeah, that's how they play now... the days of ultra killy Viks are gone.  It's the super mobile scheming crew now.

3 hours ago, Zebo said:

Then, I really dislike them. 

1 hour ago, Jesy Blue said:

Yeah, I started the game with them... it's really gotten me down.

yeah, I was really disappointed with them when I put them on the table. I don't think they do enough to warrant their 8 wounds and vanilla 6/5 DF/WP. Which is a shame, because I love the Alt Bunny versions of them :( 

• Thanks 1

I’ll take any game with any master at this point—I’ve been odd flip out for three weeks running now. Which has been a boon to terrain making, I admit. The armatures are turning into better trees than I expected (eyelash yarn makes a decent facsimile of trailing weeping willow branches, even to the snagging of nearby minis such that I may have to rule the bases impassable just for practicality) but I miss playing.

• Agree 1

Had a lot of fun with this list lately: 

Von Schill

Steam Trunk

Arik Schoettemer 10

Hannah Lovelace 10

Lazarus 9

Librarian 7

Freikorpsman 5

Prospector 6

3SS

I'm falling in love with Lazarus more and more. He gives Cover. He supports melees so well with his grenades - usually you can place the shockwave so that only enemy models get hit - but even if Arik gets hit... free Focus. He is also a great scheme counter being able to destroy scheme markers from more than 10" away without LoS.  This crew works so well together. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

We played out a good ol' western the law vs. the outlaws shootout with Parker vs. Perdita.

Turf War, Flank deployment

Schemes: Take Prisoner, Dig their graves, Outflank, Deliver the message, Hold up their forces

My List was:

• Parker, 1 SS
  • Doc
  • Mad Dog
  • Convict gunslinger, SoDP
  • Sue
  • Dead outlaw
  • Bandido
  • Bandido
  • Prospector

My opponent was bringing what was basically the whole family plus some bureaucrat:

• Perdita, Lead lined coat and some stones
  • Enslaved Nephilim
  • Fransisco, LLC
  • Santiago
  • Nino
  • Papa
  • Abuela
  • Steward

We Both chose dig their graves and deliver a message as our schemes from this randomly generated, yet very "up close" scheme pool. I ended up winning the game 4-1 (2 from Turf, 2 from dig vs. 1 from Turf). Perdita came in guns blazing and did a ton of damage turns 1&2 killing a bandido and the dead outlaw, as well as putting Mad Dog to 1 wound, but died early in T3 (before I had managed to deliver). In the end I had only Parker and Prospector on 1 wound as well as a lone scheming bandido on the opponent's quarter, while my opponent had only the nephilim and Fransisco on the table. A fun and a bloody game, both crews were very mobile with either bravado or run & gun, but in the end my ability to scheme better and having extra interact actions from draw their attention proved to be the deciding factor.

Also, I didn't realize before how good Dig their graves is for parker. Each model he or mad dog kills automatically drops a scheme marker next to a corpse marker...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Zebo said:

I've played a lot in M3E with Freikorps, and a bit with Mercenary, Bandits and Amalgam, and I think Bandits is my new favorite crew in M3E. 

Same, I've already made the train track bases for the crew; it's my first tax return purchase!

Today I repeated the same list than the old game. 

Viktoria - 6ss

Viktoria

Taelor

Vanessa

Big Jake

Student

3 Ronin

Versus Wong. This time I decided to go Lilly with the Viks, they kill Burt Jebsen and then go with double activation an 5 severes in hand in the hunt of Wong. I burnt ss and my hand to do a stunning 2 damage, and then Wong left both Viktorias and taelor at half wounds, while keeping his whole hand. 

The Ronin played their own game and scored for me Power Ritual and Outflank, while one of them killed a Lightning Bug and hold Gracie one turn.

Student gave fast to Vanessa and Taelor, nothing more. 

Taelor fast could engage Gautreau Bokor and failed 2 attacks (my hand was empty thanks to Viks activation), and saw herself down to 1 wound to die. 

Vanessa reached the center line and luckiky killed one more Bug. 

Big Jake dropped the scheme marker of my corner for Power Ritual. 

The game ended after turn 2 because of shop closing (it was the first time of my opponent with Wong, but still I feels M3E takes a lot of time to play). 

Really disappointed with combat Vikies. They killed one model with a lucky flip, and then failed to do something with 8M, 10M, 11M, 12T, 12C and 13M in hand. One of the worst performances I've seen in a supposedly melee monsters. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zebo said:

Today I repeated the same list than the old game. 

Viktoria - 6ss

Viktoria

Taelor

Vanessa

Big Jake

Student

3 Ronin

Versus Wong. This time I decided to go Lilly with the Viks, they kill Burt Jebsen and then go with double activation an 5 severes in hand in the hunt of Wong. I burnt ss and my hand to do a stunning 2 damage, and then Wong left both Viktorias and taelor at half wounds, while keeping his whole hand. 

The Ronin played their own game and scored for me Power Ritual and Outflank, while one of them killed a Lightning Bug and hold Gracie one turn.

Student gave fast to Vanessa and Taelor, nothing more. 

Taelor fast could engage Gautreau Bokor and failed 2 attacks (my hand was empty thanks to Viks activation), and saw herself down to 1 wound to die. 

Vanessa reached the center line and luckiky killed one more Bug. 

Big Jake dropped the scheme marker of my corner for Power Ritual. 

The game ended after turn 2 because of shop closing (it was the first time of my opponent with Wong, but still I feels M3E takes a lot of time to play). 

Really disappointed with combat Vikies. They killed one model with a lucky flip, and then failed to do something with 8M, 10M, 11M, 12T, 12C and 13M in hand. One of the worst performances I've seen in a supposedly melee monsters. 

Well, leaving apart that chasing Wong makes no sense at all, you should have hitted at least 3 times, since Wong has Df 5:

• Stat 7 + 13:mask = 20 (Not even with RJ he can avoid that)
  • Stat 7 + 12:tome /:crow  = 19 (Even with the RJ you hit him)

That's a total of 9 damage there, so or he burn a lot of SS and had crazy flips (can happen) or doesn't make sense.

Anyways, attacking Wong when he can just stone for a :mask  or cheat with any :mask that trigger in Df is not a good idea, and he also has Counterspell and most of the time he will have Disguised too. Just kill everything else.

Also try Barbados, with Armor +1 and Regeneration, you don't care about failing any Shockwaves from Wong.

Today, I played versus Ophelia with Thurs crew. 

New Von Schill Crew (Outcasts)

Size: 50 - Pool: 4

Leader:

Von Schill

Totem(s):

Steam Trunk

Hires:

Hannah Lovelace

Freikorps Engineer

Freikorps Scout

Freikorps Librarian

Drachen Trooper

Lazarus

Wedge. Reckoning. 

Again, we took about an hour for each turn, and only payed 2 turns. It's becoming frustrating because we seem to not get any better at speeding our games. 

Hannah did nothing, (maybe 1 point of damage to Francois).

Von Schill gave upgrades.

Drachen did 1 point of damage and burning to Ophelia and 1 young. 

Librarian Healed a bit 

Engineer gave out Shielded in the first turn, and then a bit of damage to Sammy on the second (I had 4 severes and the BJ in hand, so I didn't used her bonus action in the second turn, a bit sad). 

Scout finished Sammy with an (un)lucky RJ in damage (Sammy was his Vendetta target, so lost a point here) and was severely injured by Raphael. 

Lazarus did a bit of damage to Raphael, Merris, Bokkor, Ophelia, Sammy and Francois, while drawing a couple of severes and ss from my opponent, but did also cost me a pair of severes (I had quite too good hand and had to cheat 2 of its 4 shots). 

• Like 1

First off, Yey! I'm contributing!

So, I had my second game with Tara and while she's a blast and I have a fair idea of what she can do (mass reading, listening & two games against), I need to get a heap of games with her to practice.

Standard Deployment (Attacker), Plant Explosives, Assassinate, Breakthrough, Harness the Leyline, Power Ritual, Take prisoner -I took Assassinate & Take Prisoner on Iggy

My list

• Tara - 7 cache
  • Karina
  • Aionus
  • Scion of the Void
  • The Nothing Beast
  • Ashes & Dust
  • Midnight Stalker

My Opponent

Euripides, Primordial, Thoon, Geryon, Cyclops, 2 Gigants, Iggy

Ended up losing Euripides scoring probably 5, to my probably 3.

Thoughts from the crew, Tara is a lot of fun, but I needed more keyword for more Stutter Times. from the pressure and losing health, I Buried Tara, Aionus, and Scion at the end of turn 3, then he killed Karina and I had no way to unbury! Oops!

Therefore, I would probably drop the Midnight Stalker for two Void Wretches.

I also felt the Scion was a bit of a trap as his bury Rst trigger adds more pressure on me to unbury. Although not a fan, I think Talos could have been a good choice as Euripides would have struggled with armour.

Some positive: Tara herself was really flexible, the one Void Hunter she summoned was also great, love built-in Glimpse triggers. The Nothing Beast and Ashes & Dust were brutal, Aionus and Karina give good support, but need to hang back (especially Karina, as she's super fragile). The problem with this is that she needs to be within 8 of Tara if she's in trouble or if she needs to unbury. Maybe I needed to keep her back a round longer. Aionus was also good for unburies and I liked using Tick Tock to give my models Fast.He's a touch squishy, so needs a lot of care on placement.

• Like 1

My first M3e game with Parker (after having very little success in M2e with him), against my opponents first M3e game with Hoffman.

Parker Barrows vs Hoffman in Turf War w/ corner deployment

•Parker Barrows

•Doc Mitchell

•Pride

•Barbaros

•Sue

•Mad dog Brackett

•Bandito

•Bandito

•Prosperctor

My thoughts where to have a bubble to disrupt Hoffman's ball for a few turns while I ran my schemes (power ritual and outflank) with bandidos. Prospector was there to give a free SS every turn, since I only had 1 starting out, and to stay in deployment zone to keep control of the turf war marker, and for 3rd corner on scheme.

Barbaros and Pride make a mean bubble to deal with, that puts alot of pressure on the opponents hand, with Sue disabling triggers and Parkers stick up action adding more discard / damage threat.

Fate was on my side with flips this game, where my opponent black jokered some important duels (twice when trying to finish off Mad Dog), while I was able to flip high when I needed (my control hand was garbage all game). I think that Pride was the MVP with his sin aura, and really helped dictate the action (too strong / auto include?).

Opponent ended up conceding mid way through turn 4, after some failed duels, and being unable to score any points for his schemes, while I was set up to score all points for mine. Final score 1-2 (7-2 if we played it out)

• Like 1