2019 Monthly Painting Challenge - June

Caedrus

Remember when I said I'd do all those high cost TT models this month?

Here's another Latigo Pistolero:

pic4802013.jpgpic4802014.jpgpic4802015.jpg

Didn't paint for a week and that tends to get me a bit down. To fix that I usually toss some paint on a model slapdash and call it done. Tends to get the spirits up instill some routine back:)

• Like 7
  • Agree 1

@muraki It looks like you have a great mercenary force.... Nice palette of brillian colours. congrats!

@Diddick Nice base; it remembers me the lot of Skavens I left, since a long time, in my stockpile of shame. :P Back to your mini, you are doing a great job: I like a lot the greenish touches on the model. My congrats.

• Thanks 1

I just keep pushing against that calendar this year.  During what is left of June I am going to paint a transparent blue ice golem. Will try to think of a good basing idea for him to make up for the lack of paint that is going to need to be applied---there will still be some, though.  Cheers, all.
large.June2019_ice_golem_pledge.jpg.fea89d4a5fbf1d6b663d38e2f0739f10.jpg

• Like 4

Agreed.  I bought a second set of that group so I could use him as a proxy Alan Reid (and the camera guy for a undercover reporter).  The hands in the pockets pose makes him look like he's either just done, or just about to pull em out and strangle someone, ha.

• Like 1

Got some last minute SS before the end of the month.  Doing some dribs and drabs before trying to start a new keyword next month.  Surprisingly I wasn't a fan of 2 of these models, the exorcist's face was nearly impossible to paint and the plastic steward had some connection issues and a bit of an odd face, but hey, whatever, it's more models done.  The plastic one is made to match my nellie crew and the metal one to go with a metal perdita crew I picked up.  I have another one somewhere, but I'll hold off on that for a while, ha.

cXZxNH3.jpg

wN0hiRH.jpg

hMOxB1a.jpg

So another 18 for @Caedrus 68 stones for the month. Now I'm done

• Like 6

Caedrus, checking in!

So, as promised, this month has been ridiculously busy (I hate being a grown up), so I have finished ... one miniature!

Behold, 6SS of Death Marshall!

WTjNHFa.jpg

It is tremendously hard to photograph this miniature well, so I tried with some lighting from below:

2QdVTnu.jpg

...which wasn't much better. Finally, in desperation, I tried an arty-photoshopped version:

Kk8WbGK.jpg

...which doesn't actually show much of the painting. Oh well, it's done, and I've met my pledge!

I'll be away for a week or so, so I may not get a chance to have a look at all the fantastic models, nor to update the spreadsheet, but I haven't forgotten!

I'm keen to see what else gets painted this month, so don't forget to add an @Caedrus to your post!

See you in July, when the M3E locomotive builds up steam!

Caedrus.

• Like 9