2019 Monthly Painting Challenge - June

Caedrus

@Caedrus Tell me about it! work got crazy and I haven't even looked at paint brush this month yet. 

I have my TOS tourney this Saturday and didn't get any more painted, The painting contest is 1 commander and 2 squads so I've got enough done to enter that at least.

I have a day off tomorrow so gonna try and get Adeodatos done too

• Like 1

@muraki I got a lot of fun assembling the riotbreaker, main troubles beeing with wiping off molt lines. I assembled the two arms after completing the painting duty: it made easier to air brush the model and to work with brush some details.

Good job with your Ronin models. I see you are painting fast, keeping a very personal style and palette. Congrats.

On my own I begun going after the second part of my pledge working some scenics (bridges). I'm worried about the raising of temperature: over 30 °C it'll be impossible to spray primer new models so I could be forced to give up with new models and scenics and resume working over stuff from the box of shame. :(

Thanks! I was able to go pretty quick since I already knew the colors I wanted (since I want them to match the viks).  I'm also trying to speed up a bit / see how long it takes me to paint cause I signed up for one of those wyrd speed paints during gencon, and want to see how much trouble I'm in (though it didn't really work with these guys as i was painting 3 at once.  I'll see with the student or bishop). 

I really want to paint the metal bishop model (cause I think it's super cool) but I'm kinda at a loss on how to paint him... so he'll probably be another few days of looking at it before I can start putting paint down.

• Like 1

I know I thought I only had 2 mercs left, then I found a metal desperate merc on my paint table and couldnt resist.  I had fun trying to paint some camo pants on her, and I think they turned out pretty well.

pY0vKuc.jpg

So now I'm up to 37 for the month and really just need to do the student / bishop now to finish up, ha.

@Wintergloom love the Adeodatos.  That purple / teal combo looks really nice.  I never would of thought to pair those colors, they look awesome together.

@wobbly_goggy Good work with cooper.  I like the delicate colors on the flame and the frills on the dress.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

One step closer with another 9 from bishop. Surprisingly hard model to get the way I wanted with all the straps. Also tried to base in a color change paint for something a bit different.  So not perfect, but let me try a few things.

jvxhXhU.jpg

So now Im at 46 stones and I just got to get the student done... after that I should probably take a break, ha.

• Like 8